Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Tombo:
DAMN!! I hit Baalke by mistake . Baalke sucked!

Apparently you're not alone.

The question is, is Lynch even really a GM?

No, he's involved but everything has to go through KS.

Titles😂.. He seems to be the final decision maker right now.

Since when? KS had control of the draft, they signed KS players in F/A, even the rumors of Jimmy G had Belichick texting Kyle not Lynch

So rumors are the definitive standard now?

At least they provide some form of insight, Lynch was a TV guy for a long time....where in that does it say he's qualified for the role he has now? He may grow into the role IMO but I think he was picked because he knew his place and he is great on TV.

I think he and Kyle understand how a successful GM/HC partnership is supposed to work. I don't think Kyle gets to over tile Lynch unilaterally on draft day for example, but they probably don't try let things get to that point. I also think Lynch is smart enough to bring in good people and listen to them. I certainly don't think the job is too big for him, abd that listening to NFL rumors like that don't add much real insight unless you hear the same or similar ones, repetitively, over a period of time.
Joe Williams.

It's already happened.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

What ranking is Lynch currently occupying in the NCommand GM ranking spreadsheet?

I'll tell you after that 4th year of GM achievements.

Where does he rank currently?
At least they provide some form of insight, Lynch was a TV guy for a long time....where in that does it say he's qualified for the role he has now? He may grow into the role IMO but I think he was picked because he knew his place and he is great on TV.

Genuine query from afar... how many gm's who were "qualified" that went on to totally screw up a franchise's future?

What ranking is Lynch currently occupying in the NCommand GM ranking spreadsheet?

Incomplete unless he wins Executive of the Year in his first year. Then he's automatically on the map.

Incomplete unless he wins Executive of the Year in his first year. Then he's automatically on the map.

Incomplete makes no sense. He is a GM and has been one for over a year. Plenty of time to start figuring out where he ranks.
Originally posted by Who-is-Hayne:

Genuine query from afar... how many gm's who were "qualified" that went on to totally screw up a franchise's future?

Good question. Remember when Ozzie Newsome was "the man?"

Since when? KS had control of the draft, they signed KS players in F/A, even the rumors of Jimmy G had Belichick texting Kyle not Lynch

I think he and Kyle understand how a successful GM/HC partnership is supposed to work. I don't think Kyle gets to over tile Lynch unilaterally on draft day for example, but they probably don't try let things get to that point. I also think Lynch is smart enough to bring in good people and listen to them. I certainly don't think the job is too big for him, abd that listening to NFL rumors like that don't add much real insight unless you hear the same or similar ones, repetitively, over a period of time.
Joe Williams.

It's already happened.

No. He convinced him. Totally incorrect.
Huh?
Incomplete makes no sense. He is a GM and has been one for over a year. Plenty of time to start figuring out where he ranks.

Sorry dude...has to be GM acheivements over a 4-5 year span compared to his peers. Don't worry, Baalke will be on that list.

Joe Williams.

It's already happened.

No. He convinced him. Totally incorrect.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/5/1/15494590/joe-williams-49ers-draft-board-2017-nfl-draft-john-lynch

Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for highwayone.
Off season is painful ...
ugh do we really need a thread on this
Lynch doesn't seemed like the usual power wielding GM in the mold of RonWolf. More like the John McVay role with Walsh.

Shouldn't get too stuck on title. McVay was Vice President with Walsh, but he ran the draft along with Walsh. He evaluated player personnel along with Walsh. Like a shopping partner. I see Lynch role closer to that. I see Lynch providing Kyle whatever he needs in and outside of football within the team.

Makes me wonder in wanting to get back to the WCO offensive roots with Kyle, Jed also went back to the FO power structure of Walsh's championship years.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 8, 2018 at 1:52 PM ]
I was a Baalke supporter! I am more of a bird in the hand kind of guy and like the Pittsburgh approach where you stay with one guy through the hills and the valleys. Now that he is gone and we have Lynch, I am a Lynch supporter now. So can we all just remember how much we love Lynch now, so when he misses on a few players we don't all turn on him too?

PS. I hate to do this but there was another guy that got a lot of support on this board as well.

Originally posted by flynhayn15:
I was a Baalke supporter! I am more of a bird in the hand kind of guy and like the Pittsburgh approach where you stay with one guy through the hills and the valleys. Now that he is gone and we have Lynch, I am a Lynch supporter now. So can we all just remember how much we love Lynch now, so when he misses on a few players we don't all turn on him too?

PS. I hate to do this but there was another guy that got a lot of support on this board as well.

P.s I was told you can't change the topic but I'll entertain nevertheless, thus creating this thread.

If Harbaugh doesn't beat Ohio st in the next 2-3years, I will switch my tune but he has done more for us than any of the previous coaches.

I think Chris Carter is an Ohio st biased jerk who has a long history with Harbaugh..

But I will go on record if Harbaugh doesn't take us to the playoffs or beat ohio st in the next 2-3 years. I will question, Everyone on the Michigan squad are his recruitments now. No excuses. To me, now is when you judge him, something Baalke couldn't do,

Was supply players.

Thats a true freshman Qb, should i really be mad? It sucks but we are loaded these next years. Rated top 10, just gotta show up now. No excuses. I'm really not mad at all.

Harbaugh has and will continue to get the best out of his players.

As long as everyone knows Baalke helped no one especially Harbaugh drafting Glen Coffee, Marcus Lattimore, Tank Carradine, Aj Junkins... You need to actually help your HC...
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 8, 2018 at 2:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone