There are 188 users in the forums

Take our temperature game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
23-21 Niners. 😎✌️
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
We will be Jackassonville , Not sure why everyone is so high on this team? They beat Pitt? A s**tty Seattle team? whooooaaaa

It's because they play right into our weaknesses and honestly they have very little on defense.

Their DL has a scary pass rush which with our OL issues will give Jimmy VERY little time to get the ball out.
Their linebackers and secondary are very athletic and fly to the ball making checkdowns if completed typically result in limited gains and low YAC.

This game has no bearing on next season but if JImmy can somehow get our offense moving the chains and putting up points against that talented defense given our shortcomings on offense it will be huge.
Question is, where is the thermometer going?
I don't think this game will say much about next year - except if JG is pressured more than any previous game (and he's seen a LOT of pressure already), then we might begin to see a bit of more what the limitations of his talent are (talent not dependent on knowing the offensive scheme). I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a couple of interceptions from him this week. He has excellent ability to see the play develop quickly and arm talent to get it where it needs to go but with a fairly dead run game he's had to carry the offense with his arm and sometimes that means he has to take chances and sling it without being quite sure if he can sling it where it needs to be. So far he's been really good at not pushing too far, but with enough pressure and need to score points it wouldn't surprise me if he lets loose with a couple he shouldn't. Even if he does do that, it wouldn't bother me much. I'd rather he was a little too much on the gun-slinger side in his early years than overly cautious. If he gets 30 TDs and 20 INTs next year I'd be okay with that.
about to be the 1st defense ever to lead league in sacks, takeaways and points against. They are not just legit, they're downright scary... If bortles can keep up an alex smith routine of not f**** s**t up, they are serious SB contenders
Originally posted by socalniner:
Question is, where is the thermometer going?

Oh you know where it's going...
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Protect Franchise

this
Originally posted by mtl_49er:
about to be the 1st defense ever to lead league in sacks, takeaways and points against. They are not just legit, they're downright scary... If bortles can keep up an alex smith routine of not f**** s**t up, they are serious SB contenders

I agree. This defense took a big steaming chit on the Steelers in Pittsburgh. They took Ben Roethlisberger with his stacked offensive line and his offensive talent and picked his ass off 5 times and straight up dominated that game.

I just hope our fanbase is smart enough to understand the situation and not act like Jimmy sucks if he does have a brutal game. It happens to EVERY QB. This is certainly the situation where awful games happen.

Put it another way. If Jimmy plays poorly it doesn't say anything bad about him. If he plays well in this situation then I'm ok giving him the highest contract in the NFL at this point...serious.
This Jax team is overrated. Sure their defense can pile up a ton of stats against a bunch of cupcake teams:

Houston (2x) without DeShaun Watson
s**tty Ravens team (at the time) in London
Luck-Less colts (2x)
Browns
Crappy Hawks Team
Crappy Bengals Team

Meanwhile they lose to the Titans, Jets, Rams, and Cardinals.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
This Jax team is overrated. Sure their defense can pile up a ton of stats against a bunch of cupcake teams:

Luck-Less colts (2x)
Browns
Crappy Hawks Team
Crappy Bengals Team

^Only way Jimmy G should be allowed to enter the game Sunday.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i'm here to get my temperature taken.

lol
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Luck-Less colts (2x)
Browns
Crappy Hawks Team
Crappy Bengals Team

Nice to see the facts.
If the jags are technically sound and have answers for everything the Niners offense does, then fine.

But if they just come in high on themselves and try to bar-fight an admittedly weaker opponent then it'd be nice to see how our newly minted optimism plays out with respect to punching back.

That is what might be telling toward next season.
Do the Niners have some dog in them now?
Share 49ersWebzone