49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 586 users in the forums

Week 11 and 12 2017: Thoughts after rewatching the games...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I totally agree about "it". I was watching the game with some cousins, and they were saying his numbers are similar to Beathard's... No. Garapollo throws open his receivers, he looks comfortable and it looks easy!
I think it's important for them to win. To build the culture of winning moving forward. Good write up as usual.
Originally posted by leebert81:
I think it's important for them to win. To build the culture of winning moving forward. Good write up as usual.

+1
My thoughts..........We are going to win out!!!
Hey Marv, I could just feel your optimism reading your post. I feel it too Jimmy G looked SOOOO good running Kyle's scheme!! And just think, the whole play book wasn't even open to him and he was still able to move the ball up and down the field with regularity. It seemed that there were guys wide open all over the place. Kyle's offense is a real weapon in this guys hands. The offense looks TOTALLY different with Jimmy G running it.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Hey Marv, I could just feel your optimism reading your post. I feel it too Jimmy G looked SOOOO good running Kyle's scheme!! And just think, the whole play book wasn't even open to him and he was still able to move the ball up and down the field with regularity. It seemed that there were guys wide open all over the place. Kyle's offense is a real weapon in this guys hands. The offense looks TOTALLY different with Jimmy G running it.

Couldn't agree more.

I have to consciously reel my optimism in right now because Jimmy looks like everything we thought he could be and is a perfect match for what Kyle wants to do.

They are several pieces away though. There will of course come some times when Jimmy struggles. Its normal and happens to all QBs. If I am going to be even keel then and say its just one game, I have to say it now as well....even though I WANT to proclaim him the next 49ers superstar. :D
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,842
Good to see your thread back.

I totally agree with your view on Jimmy G, trying hard not to crown him already and it's hard. Dude looked like Brady in the pocket and Rodgers on the move.

I think we let Hyde go, he's too inconsistent. I also think Braida will shine when we get an oline that can effectively block an outside ZBS run scheme.

I think a few more wins will help us massively in FA, if We don't get the 2nd pick then I can't see us being offered a fortune in draft capital for a trade. It then becomes about if we take what we can, but I don't think it's a great draft class so I'm game for taking Barkley.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,497
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by leebert81:
I think it's important for them to win. To build the culture of winning moving forward. Good write up as usual.

+1

+2
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by leebert81:
I think it's important for them to win. To build the culture of winning moving forward. Good write up as usual.

+1

+2
Goodwin has a long future with this team. Guy improved insane amounts in just one offseason. He went from deep threat to guy running almost every route there is. Buffalo horribly developed and misused this guy.
  • dj43
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 38,369
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
Goodwin has a long future with this team. Guy improved insane amounts in just one offseason. He went from deep threat to guy running almost every route there is. Buffalo horribly developed and misused this guy.

Helps to have a former WR as HC.
  • dj43
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 38,369
Good stuff, Marv, even if you need to stop and breath...

I'm good with Hyde going forward. He appears to have changed his running style a bit to stay healthier. I lay that to better coaching (sorry Tom Rathman).

Winning (showing progress) is important. There are so few truly outstanding prospects at the top of the draft so if you aren't #1 or #2, you won't get any bank-busting trade deals. Picking 4-6 will still yield a quality player if not a trade down for 2 or 3 extra picks.
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
Goodwin has a long future with this team. Guy improved insane amounts in just one offseason. He went from deep threat to guy running almost every route there is. Buffalo horribly developed and misused this guy.

I get that he's improved....but is he a #1? Is he a #2?

My comment isn't "this guy sucks". The point is that WR will a a focal point for improvement so if they bring in another guy, who do you think losses snaps? Garcon? Taylor?

I doubt it.
As someone who reads this forum daily, but rarely posts (40 posts in 5 years + ) , I always look forward to these weekly thoughts. Great read as always.

Regarding the TE position, the big cliche is that rookie TEs are infamously slow developers due to the complexity of the position, so I feel its hard to really evalute what you are getting from a player like Kittle after 12 games. That being said of the 8 Tight ends taken before him his production (28 receptions 291 yards 1 TD) is better than any TE not taken in the first round, and his production isnt far off OJ Howard (19th overall 21 receptions, 328 yards, 4 TDs) & David Njoku (29th overall 28 reception 332 yards 4 TDs). Evan Engram is the only rookie TE that really blows him out of the water in terms of production and none of those 3 guys are half as good as a blocker as Kittle.

Given time and a proper QB (finally!) I really feel Kittle could turn out to be an absolute monster and that matchup nightmare we all want from the TE position.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone