LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 198 users in the forums

What would you rather 6-10 or 1-15

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What would you rather 6-10 or 1-15

Originally posted by defenderDX:
I actually would be fine with that as well. If we put JG in there as a starter, and he won us a couple games, that actually would be cool.

Because there would be a point to it.

Agreed
Originally posted by thl408:
It's a hypothetical question anyways. This team ain't winning 7 games in a row. Come on now.
maybe set up one of these ?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
It's a hypothetical question anyways. This team ain't winning 7 games in a row. Come on now.

everyone knows that but the question was asked. in my opinion the team has a better chance to not win any more games. no matter who the qb is. and then i hope we get that top pick and turn it into a bunch of picks to address the multiple holes on our roster
Originally posted by cciowa:

everyone knows that but the question was asked. in my opinion the team has a better chance to not win any more games. no matter who the qb is. and then i hope we get that top pick and turn it into a bunch of picks to address the multiple holes on our roster
The chances of your scenario and winning 7 games are pretty much the same.

The rest of the NFL don't want the 9ers to be at the top (by trading us more picks). heck, even some so called fans don't want us to be at the top either
This isn't the NBA where Lebron flips you. At the 11th pick you can still land Patrick Willis. Only time I'd consider sucking for a pick is if you have no qb with a great prospect coming up.
We are extremely bad and we are definitely what our record says we are. We are not a just below 500 team. Not even if EVERYONE was 100% healthy. 7-9 would be some serious overachievement. Although that would be great, I'm interested in adding talent to this team. I'm not interested in the record, especially since we aren't going 0-16. I just want to see continued growth from the rookie and for us to know where to go moving forward with our vets. My ideal scenario would be 3-13 where we win the next two games by blowouts It gives us great draft position and we embarrass the Seahawks.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
This isn't the NBA where Lebron flips you. At the 11th pick you can still land Patrick Willis. Only time I'd consider sucking for a pick is if you have no qb with a great prospect coming up.

That was a special draft. 2007 drafts don't happen every year. Also, consider who went before Willis. Megatron for starters. Adrian Peterson and Joe Thomas as well. Great talent is available at 11, but you have your pick the higher up you draft. There is also the option of trading down and getting more picks while still getting the player you covet.
This is just my opinion but, if we are honestly looking at G like Quenton Nelson or something, then it doesn't really matter if we draft in the top 10.

Guards don't usually go that high. Teams want sexy positions in the top 10 like LT, QB, WR, EDGE rusher. Maybe RB.

Plus we have plenty of needs. I don't think there are many positions that fans wouldn't be happy with. Except maybe Interior DT for the 4th year in a row

I'd like a top 3 pick, only for the option of trading down for more picks. But if it doesn't happen and we win games, I won't be too mad about it. Not sure why fans want to be mad at team's success.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Nov 17, 2017 at 9:40 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I've changed my view on this I would take the 7-9 record and enjoy those seven wins throughout the year then worry about the draft later. The draft is a complete crap shoot anyways 40% of the first round is usually busts.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
This is just my opinion but, if we are honestly looking at G like Quenton Nelson or something, then it doesn't really matter if we draft in the top 10.

Guards don't usually go that high. Teams want sexy positions in the top 10 like LT, QB, WR, EDGE rusher. Maybe RB.

Plus we have plenty of needs. I don't think there are many positions that fans wouldn't be happy with. Except maybe Interior DT for the 4th year in a row

I'd like a top 3 pick, only for the option of trading down for more picks. But if it doesn't happen and we win games, I won't be too mad about it. Not sure why fans want to be mad at team's success.
It's not that I'd be mad at the team winning, it's that I would be happy whether they won or lost. In this rebuild process, I can easily see the bright side to losing because I know that the team needs many more good players. With a top3 pick and a possible QBotF on board, it gives the front office that option to maneuver around. It's only been one draft, but they've shown that with ammo they will slide around the draft board to trade out, or trade up.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
I've changed my view on this I would take the 7-9 record and enjoy those seven wins throughout the year then worry about the draft later. The draft is a complete crap shoot anyways 40% of the first round is usually busts.
if lynch and kyle are who people say they are and who we have been told they are.. they will be able to pick a top tier guy no matter where we draft
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
It's not that I'd be mad at the team winning, it's that I would be happy whether they won or lost. In this rebuild process, I can easily see the bright side to losing because I know that the team needs many more good players. With a top3 pick and a possible QBotF on board, it gives the front office that option to maneuver around. It's only been one draft, but they've shown that with ammo they will slide around the draft board to trade out, or trade up.

in my opinion there is a never a bright side to losing.. if you win that means you already have good players on our team which lessens the need for a bunch of top draft picks
  • thl408
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
if lynch and kyle are who people say they are and who we have been told they are.. they will be able to pick a top tier guy no matter where we draft
How odd. I was told Lynch is just a good speaker and doesn't know how to address needs in the offseason. All he does is set around making nice speeches.
7-9 is a lot closer to being a contender, so 7-9. A 1-15 team has to get to 7-9 before becoming a winner.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Nov 17, 2017 at 9:58 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
At this late of the season, I rather be 1-15 and have the leverage when the draft comes.
Share 49ersWebzone