LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 401 users in the forums

What would you rather 6-10 or 1-15

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What would you rather 6-10 or 1-15

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
1-15. We need that top 3 pick

how can you be happy with one win , no matter where you draft. thats like. oh its ok just to get the super bowl. who cares if we win

who said he's happy with 1 win? he's just using his head. it makes more sense to draft high. winning 6 games in a row yet still missing the playoffs accomplishes nothing. but makes some fans happy. that's it.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
It's become so bad that Niner fans would rather win 1 game for the draft position than finish 7-9.

I'd take the wins all day.

long-term vs short-term...we've been debating this for a couple yrs now.

The big difference now is if you have faith in the new FO to pick the right players in the draft. I have more faith now then I did the past couple seasons.

exactly. lol @ people being satisfied with 7-9 which would be completely unhelpful for us in the long-term. but those people can't see past 1 season so what can you expect?
Originally posted by defenderDX:

how can you be happy with one win , no matter where you draft. thats like. oh its ok just to get the super bowl. who cares if we win

who said he's happy with 1 win? he's just using his head. it makes more sense to draft high. winning 6 games in a row yet still missing the playoffs accomplishes nothing. but makes some fans happy. that's it.

Very exactly it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

he wants one win so that means he must be happy with one win
Originally posted by Shanahanigans:
If this is the ascending team we think it is and want it to be, we have to be better than 1-15 at seasons end. We need 1 or 2 more wins to show progress.

and to get people to come here without having to massivly over pay them. i do not know about the rest of you, but i will not depend on the golden words of kyle and lynch to entice top tier free agents to come in here or take pay cuts to come here . and i will not depend on the worn out montra... but but we have five super bowl trophies collecting dust so they will just flock to a 1-15 or 2-14 team

So if you think we go 3-13 vs 1-15 that will mean much of anything when a FA is looking at coming here? I don't, money is money and they're gonna have to over spend regardless its FA. supply and demand.

Even the Pats had to over spend to get stephon gilmore (5yrs $65 million) young guys want cash (guaranteed money), they want to be in a system that can make them more money (players love kyle's offense), the like familiarity (coaches/system they know) ,and yeah sure they want to win end of the day....I don't think winning 2 more games changes the opinions of players to be honest.

I'm all for this team winning a couple more games because we have a QB in place now. 4-12 or 2-14 doesn't really make much difference IMO. IF we had no answer at QB then I'd want the best chance to get one, but for once I actually feel good with who we have
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
It's become so bad that Niner fans would rather win 1 game for the draft position than finish 7-9.

I'd take the wins all day.

long-term vs short-term...we've been debating this for a couple yrs now.

The big difference now is if you have faith in the new FO to pick the right players in the draft. I have more faith now then I did the past couple seasons.

exactly. lol @ people being satisfied with 7-9 which would be completely unhelpful for us in the long-term. but those people can't see past 1 season so what can you expect?

yeah you gotta see past this season and into the next two yrs...that's how this FO and ownership are seeing it, better get on the same page or you'll be upset lol.

I'm fine with winning a game or two down the stretch cause I think we might have a QB in place. I think 3 wins is about all we'll get if we're lucky. Top 3 pick, a young team that's actually bought into the #brickbybrick mentality, and a sold coaching staff isn't awful IMO. Hopefully fans will see the bigger picture but is what it is. I sure as hell don't what to be like the Bills going 7-9 for the next 5 yrs (did plenty under Erickson/Nolan/Singletary etc).

he wants one win so that means he must be happy with one win

no, he'd be happy with a high draft pick. why is this so hard to understand? wins dont mean s**t in a lost season

*edit*

If JG is in there though, he's our potential franchise QB. so if he won us some games before this season ended that'd be pretty cool and encouraging IMO
[ Edited by defenderDX on Nov 17, 2017 at 8:53 AM ]
yeah you gotta see past this season and into the next two yrs...that's how this FO and ownership are seeing it, better get on the same page or you'll be upset lol.

I'm fine with winning a game or two down the stretch cause I think we might have a QB in place. I think 3 wins is about all we'll get if we're lucky. Top 3 pick, a young team that's actually bought into the #brickbybrick mentality, and a sold coaching staff isn't awful IMO. Hopefully fans will see the bigger picture but is what it is. I sure as hell don't what to be like the Bills going 7-9 for the next 5 yrs (did plenty under Erickson/Nolan/Singletary etc).

I actually would be fine with that as well. If we put JG in there as a starter, and he won us a couple games, that actually would be cool.

Because there would be a point to it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB05:

Very exactly it.
wrong. in our situation winning six games in a row would be the best thing that could happen and would promote momentum and a winning culture much more than losing five or six in a row to end the year. i do not pooh pooh making fans happy , giving them some hope and trying to fill up empty seats... you are fooling yourself if you do not think that played a role in the jimmy trade
If we could finish 7-9 then hell yeah id take that over 1-15. As mentioned, winning the last 7 would give us huge momentum. It would be nuts.

Originally posted by BuZzB05:

Very exactly it.
wrong. in our situation winning six games in a row would be the best thing that could happen and would promote momentum and a winning culture much more than losing five or six in a row to end the year. i do not pooh pooh making fans happy , giving them some hope and trying to fill up empty seats... you are fooling yourself if you do not think that played a role in the jimmy trade
What does that even mean? Lol. the culture has been changed since Kyle and Lynch got here. we've been more competitive in games than we have the past 2 years. winning 6 games in a row, like I said, accomplishes nothing more than making fans who can't see the big picture happy.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

being satisfied with one win and not being satisfied with 7 is... an interesting concept. you win 7 games. that means you have some good players on the team and are not as dependent on a top three pick and i am sorry but i feel a 7 win team will find it easier to attract quality free agents without over paying for them. hmmm,, do i want to go to a one win team or a 7 win team. again no offense to those who think people will swoon at the feet of kyle and lynch and rush to san fran or santa clara or wherever the hell we are at to sign up
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
What does that even mean? Lol. the culture has been changed since Kyle and Lynch got here. we've been more competitive in games than we have the past 2 years. winning 6 games in a row, like I said, accomplishes nothing more than making fans who can't see the big picture happy.
i am not built like you and under estimate the importance of winning football games. kind of arrogant to claim fans who want the team to roll off a nice six game win streak do not care about some big picture
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
If we could finish 7-9 then hell yeah id take that over 1-15. As mentioned, winning the last 7 would give us huge momentum. It would be nuts.

well, alot of people do not see it and would rather lose 7 in a row cuz we already have a winning culture established
  • thl408
It's a hypothetical question anyways. This team ain't winning 7 games in a row. Come on now.
Share 49ersWebzone