There are 180 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
who plays the most important position, And touches the ball more than anybody else on the field,

Shanny is like 9-30(34?) without Jimmy.

Congrats. Jimmy's better than Mullens and Beathard. 😂😂

Haha was thinking this when I read the record.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
who plays the most important position, And touches the ball more than anybody else on the field,

Shanny is like 9-30 without Jimmy.

Yeah that'll improve.

I sure hope so. If not, we are in a lot of trouble. Especially if Trey gets hurt one out of two games again and we have to go with Sudfield

How is that any different than what we have dealt with the past 4 years?
Because with Jimmy we go 30-9(something around this number) but with scrubs like Mullens, Beathard and a career practice squad guy in Sudfield we more than likely have no chance. The difference is... If our starter goes down with the current QB setup, we still have a shot with who ever is backup. If Trey gets hurt, then we have Jimmy to hopefully stay healthy. As Stwy unintentionally point out, a good QB is the difference between going 30-9 or 9-30. Sure we eat a lot of money but a lot of that money isn't going to places outside the current on paper 53. We will have a similar roster with or without Jimmy. If we were going to hit the FA market we wouldn't have spent something like 7.5 mill on special teams.

We are not keeping a $27 million backup. Sorry.
[ Edited by NotAFinga42 on Apr 9, 2022 at 5:33 PM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

Shanny is like 9-30 without Jimmy.

Yeah that'll improve.

I sure hope so. If not, we are in a lot of trouble. Especially if Trey gets hurt one out of two games again and we have to go with Sudfield

How is that any different than what we have dealt with the past 4 years?
Because with Jimmy we go 30-9(something around this number) but with scrubs like Mullens, Beathard and a career practice squad guy in Sudfield we more than likely have no chance. The difference is... If our starter goes down with the current QB setup, we still have a shot with who ever is backup. If Trey gets hurt, then we have Jimmy to hopefully stay healthy. As Stwy unintentionally point out, a good QB is the difference between going 30-9 or 9-30. Sure we eat a lot of money but a lot of that money isn't going to places outside the current on paper 53. We will have a similar roster with or without Jimmy. If we were going to hit the FA market we wouldn't have spent something like 7.5 mill on special teams.

Yea. Like that is likely to happen. If Trey were to get injured for any extended period of time. God forbid. We would probably end up having to start Sudfeld anyway.
Tom Compton was like 9-3 as a starter last season and we were like 3-5 without him as a starter. Maybe we should have given him $27 Million. He just wins!
Tom Compton was like 9-3 as a starter last season and we were like 3-5 without him as a starter. Maybe we should have given him $27 Million. He just wins!
Lol how many pass attempts? Comparing the most important position in possibly all of sports to an OL...not that OL isnt important but I never saw you guys obsessing about Tom Compton on the same pedestal as Jimmy lol. By that I mean it's pretty clear, Im embarrassed I have to point this out, but it's clear as day one position has a bigger impact than another. By all means though go into Tom Compton's thread and tell us how much impact he makes seeing how you have 1... post in that thread.
Prove the haters wrong Jimmy! You da man!
Lol how many pass attempts? Comparing the most important position in possibly all of sports to an OL...not that OL isnt important but I never saw you guys obsessing about Tom Compton on the same pedestal as Jimmy lol. By that I mean it's pretty clear, Im embarrassed I have to point this out, but it's clear as day one position has a bigger impact than another. By all means though go into Tom Compton's thread and tell us how much impact he makes seeing how you have 1... post in that thread.

Lance had less than 350 pass attempts in college. For the most important position in football, they better have more than that.
Originally posted by random49er:
Lynch already said he won't be cut. Sorry dudes.

You are obviously excellent at quotes. Can you please produce this one? I missed the guarantee that Jimmy will be on a roster this year.

Rib?

You are obviously excellent at quotes. Can you please produce this one? I missed the guarantee that Jimmy will be on a roster this year.

Rib?

Mmm. Pork or beef?

I am just pointing how rediculous it is to use Jimmy's win/loss record with a stacked team as evidence he is a good QB. If he had a SB, then maybe yes but he doesn't have that. I just don't get how some could have watched Jimmy last season and say "Yes I want to watch him again next season" But I guess people will just blame Kyle again when Jimmy messes up and say well it was Kyle's play-calling.

Rib?
How can you have an educated opinion if you don't even listen to the GM or know his stance?

When asked if the 49ers eventually would consider releasing Garoppolo if they fail to find a trade partner, Lynch indicated they will not.

"He's too good of a player. I don't foresee that, and I think Jimmy will be playing for us or he'll be playing for somebody else. He's too good of a player not to be."

"I think we're fortunate that we have three quarterbacks we believe in – Trey [Lance], Jimmy and Nate [Sudfeld], Some people are looking for one."
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Apr 9, 2022 at 7:05 PM ]
When asked if the 49ers eventually would consider releasing Garoppolo if they fail to find a trade partner, Lynch indicated they will not.

"He's too good of a player. I don't foresee that, and I think Jimmy will be playing for us or he'll be playing for somebody else. He's too good of a player not to be."

"I think we're fortunate that we have three quarterbacks we believe in – Trey [Lance], Jimmy and Nate [Sudfeld], Some people are looking for one."

He mentions Sudfeld as one of the QB's he believes is good and we are suppose to believe he is being honest? lol

I am just pointing how rediculous it is to use Jimmy's win/loss record with a stacked team as evidence he is a good QB.

The team was so stacked it was 9-30 without Jimmy... You make no sense lol.
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Apr 9, 2022 at 7:07 PM ]
Quote Time!!!!
#stackedasf*

"Man, I think people got short-term memory loss or something because, before Jimmy came (the 49ers weren't good). . . . He saved us, I won two games, four games, and when Jimmy came he really turned it around, brought us to the point where we're at now. I have nothing but love and respect for Jimmy . . . being able to see what goes into it, what he goes through day in and day out."

-Armstead
Totally stacked, 9-30 stacked
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Apr 9, 2022 at 7:10 PM ]

Rib?
How can you have an educated opinion if you don't even listen to the GM or know his stance?

You forgot to bold the other part of the statement. There I did it for you.
Share 49ersWebzone