Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Giedi:
Double congrats! They grow up in an
eye blink. Here today, gone tomorrow!

thanks!
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Lamar Jackson has a passer rating higher than Brady, Jimmy G and Stafford. Is he a better passer than them?

Let me check... Nope

He doesn't know what passer rating is.
Lamar Jackson has a passer rating higher than Brady, Jimmy G and Stafford. Is he a better passer than them?

Let me check... Nope

Well it's just math. According to passer rating statistics Lamar Jackson is a great passer.

Just ignore the part about your premise being wrong, lol.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by thl408:
Let's all pitch in and get NY's baby a Jimmy G jersey.

No joke I was thinking this same thing. Lol

wrong thread
[ Edited by thl408 on Jan 19, 2021 at 4:36 PM ]
  • thl408
wtf
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Let me check... Nope

Well it's just math. According to passer rating statistics Lamar Jackson is a great passer.

So you use passer rating to say Stafford and Jimmy G are close which is laughable. Then when I use the statistic to prove how dumb using that stat to elevate someone is and you just think passer rating is irrelevant. Got it. It's just math right? it is an accurate measurement right?
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Jan 19, 2021 at 4:27 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

No need to pitch in I'll just buy it!!!
  • thl408
I deleted some posts that had no reason to be in this thread (politics related).
Originally posted by Kolohe:

No need to pitch in I'll just buy it!!!

Lol

Let me check... Nope

So you use passer rating to say Stafford and Jimmy G are close which is laughable. Then when I use the statistic to prove how dumb using that stat to elevate someone is and you just think passer rating is irrelevant. Got it. It's just math right? it is an accurate measurement right?

Here's the issue, nobody used passer rating to elevate Jimmy. Not in the post I submitted nor anyone else. Those numbers were highlighted in an effort to question how anyone could view Matthew Stafford as a "clear upgrade" in the words of another poster. (And of course we get sidetracked for an entire page talking about guys who haven't played in 25 years)
Clear upgrade is the operative phrase here. Just wondering what magic I've been missing. His career highlight is throwing a GW TD pass with a separated shoulder in a meaningless game.....11 years ago.
Definitely worth a draft pick or two and 30-35mil a year.
Originally posted by Misfit_Niner540:

Let me check... Nope

Here's the issue, nobody used passer rating to elevate Jimmy. Not in the post I submitted nor anyone else. Those numbers were highlighted in an effort to question how anyone could view Matthew Stafford as a "clear upgrade" in the words of another poster. (And of course we get sidetracked for an entire page talking about guys who haven't played in 25 years)
Clear upgrade is the operative phrase here. Just wondering what magic I've been missing. His career highlight is throwing a GW TD pass with a separated shoulder in a meaningless game.....11 years ago.
Definitely worth a draft pick or two and 30-35mil a year.

He is a clear upgrade. Hes a really good QB, can even be great on a good team. Theres a reason why hes been this high paid for this long and the team hasnt moved on. Outside of a couple niner fans, NOBODY would take Jimmy over Stafford.

Let me check... Nope

Wut?

You lied about Jackson having a higher passer rating this year than Tom Brady.

I never said Passer Rating was irrelevant.
I never said Passer Rating was why I thought Jimmy and Stafford are similarly ranked by me. I said it wasn't meaningless.
Stafford would be an upgrade but not a huge one.

NY congratulations on the baby I hope if it's a boy he will be a masculine one . (Translation half as good looking as Jimmy G spot which I'm sure he will be)
[ Edited by elguapo on Jan 19, 2021 at 7:17 PM ]
Wut?

You lied about Jackson having a higher passer rating this year than Tom Brady.

I never said Passer Rating was irrelevant.
I never said Passer Rating was why I thought Jimmy and Stafford are similarly ranked by me. I said it wasn't meaningless.

When did I say this year. Career passer rating being used for Jimmy G and Stafford but now you want to change the rules. Look you think Stafford is a similar player to Jimmy G and I think you're dead wrong. And you will not convince me other wise so go debate with someone else
Share 49ersWebzone