Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Jimmy showed more flashes and more promise and more ability in 5 games with us, than Alex ever did in 7 years + with us. that is totally incomparable, sorry.

Show us the time AS matched what Jimmy did here last year?
oh you guys.. if you read the comment, this has nothing to do with Stats. It's a comparison of wishful thinking/waiting for something to happen.

"Wait till next year.. then the next and so on"

I can tell you last year Jimmy put up a great statistical season....comparable to best seasons over the post Megatron years to that of so called "elite" QB Stafford except Jimmy was winning games not losing them along the way.
loved last year, but that was last year. Last year is not helping us this year or the next

And how can you predict next year?
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
that's been his entire talking point this entire season and argument. he's just going to keep repeating himself simply because it fits his agenda

what's the agenda Sky? I want this team to be as good as it can be, that's it.

I'm not a homer. I'm not a Jimmy hater. I'm a 49er fan ahead of any ONE player. I will root for whomever is wearing red & gold. I also will call out s**t play when I think it's s**t play. I have no problem being objective. I have and will say I'm wrong about something, when in fact I am wrong about it.

While I'm not AB when it comes to the cap, I do a lot of research on it. I speak to him and Jason from OTC (via twitter). As the cap is at this very moment, there will be tough decisions to made. That's it.

if you think that's having an agenda well good for you lol. I call it being realistic with the current situation. It's not like I'm the ONLY person bringing this stuff up in here or in the media.

Take that for what you will.

But that's where you and I have gone back and forth. What I'm asking for isn't to prove the cap will low, but how do contracts remain at the same market values?

We're talking a loss of almost a billion dollars in cap space for the league. That's gonna disrupt things. When teams were planning for 960 million dollars more in cap space than they'll likely get, how do contracts remain high? I see no way it happens. Prove me wrong.
just cause you can't comprehend it doesn't make it not true.

if the CAP dips, everyone will have to make adjusments. simple
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Nobody had to wish for Mullens to suck. He handled that on his own. If we can legitimately upgrade Jimmy Garoppolo im all for it. I just dont think thats possible right now.

If we do "upgrade", they're going to need to win more than 75% of the time to outperform Jimmy's track record. Nobody cares about stats if you dont win. The funny thing is, all Jimmy has done is win, and people still find reasons to get rid of him.

For the umteenth time, have won 54% of the games Jimmy has been at the top of our depth chart for. Using a different number is disingenuous.

You are the one being disingenuous. It seriously disingenuous to blame a player for being injured. I mean on your scale we should cut Kittle and Deebo because of their lack of overall performance statistics this year. The argument you put is just lame

Agreed
Jimmy showed more flashes and more promise and more ability in 5 games with us, than Alex ever did in 7 years + with us. that is totally incomparable, sorry.

Show us the time AS matched what Jimmy did here last year?
oh you guys.. if you read the comment, this has nothing to do with Stats. It's a comparison of wishful thinking/waiting for something to happen.

"Wait till next year.. then the next and so on"

I can tell you last year Jimmy put up a great statistical season....comparable to best seasons over the post Megatron years to that of so called "elite" QB Stafford except Jimmy was winning games not losing them along the way.
loved last year, but that was last year. Last year is not helping us this year or the next

And how can you predict next year?
not predicting, but we need a back up plan instead of wishfull thinking of what can happen
I guess I am the one being disingenuous then.

I guess people are cool with our expensive starting quarterback playing in 1/3 of our team's total games as long as the team is winning 75% of those games.

Couldnt be me.

I guess people are cool with our expensive starting quarterback playing in 1/3 of our team's total games as long as the team is winning 75% of those games.

Couldnt be me.

It's football, you cant make decisions based on expecting a player to get injured.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
That's my QB....
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Couldnt be me.

You must be bad at math because he's played in 32 of 48 games here.
Originally posted by walker807:
It's football, you cant make decisions based on expecting a player to get injured.

Um....players get cut all the time because they cant stay healthy. You serious?

Couldnt be me.

For all intents and purposes, he missed 2018 and 2020 (two of the three seasons he was our starting QB). If you want to split hairs, fine.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Dec 29, 2020 at 2:33 PM ]

Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
that's been his entire talking point this entire season and argument. he's just going to keep repeating himself simply because it fits his agenda

what's the agenda Sky? I want this team to be as good as it can be, that's it.

I'm not a homer. I'm not a Jimmy hater. I'm a 49er fan ahead of any ONE player. I will root for whomever is wearing red & gold. I also will call out s**t play when I think it's s**t play. I have no problem being objective. I have and will say I'm wrong about something, when in fact I am wrong about it.

While I'm not AB when it comes to the cap, I do a lot of research on it. I speak to him and Jason from OTC (via twitter). As the cap is at this very moment, there will be tough decisions to made. That's it.

if you think that's having an agenda well good for you lol. I call it being realistic with the current situation. It's not like I'm the ONLY person bringing this stuff up in here or in the media.

Take that for what you will.

But that's where you and I have gone back and forth. What I'm asking for isn't to prove the cap will low, but how do contracts remain at the same market values?

We're talking a loss of almost a billion dollars in cap space for the league. That's gonna disrupt things. When teams were planning for 960 million dollars more in cap space than they'll likely get, how do contracts remain high? I see no way it happens. Prove me wrong.
just cause you can't comprehend it doesn't make it not true.

if the CAP dips, everyone will have to make adjusments. simple
Then prove me wrong, don't be a condescending prick, run the numbers yourself, or is that too much?

How does the league lose over 80% of its projected cap space and keep market values the same? Show me. Show me how the free agent tackles and edge rushers even get signed to market rates next year.
Originally posted by walker807:

Um....players get cut all the time because they cant stay healthy. You serious?

All the time? Give me an example. If a player is too beat up to play, sure, you can see injuries end careers. Do you think Jimmy is too beat up to play? Verrett and players like them can linger in the league for years and oh my, look how Verrett worked out for us this year......but we shoulda never signed him amirite??
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Nobody had to wish for Mullens to suck. He handled that on his own. If we can legitimately upgrade Jimmy Garoppolo im all for it. I just dont think thats possible right now.

If we do "upgrade", they're going to need to win more than 75% of the time to outperform Jimmy's track record. Nobody cares about stats if you dont win. The funny thing is, all Jimmy has done is win, and people still find reasons to get rid of him.

For the umteenth time, have won 54% of the games Jimmy has been at the top of our depth chart for. Using a different number is disingenuous.

You are the one being disingenuous. It seriously disingenuous to blame a player for being injured. I mean on your scale we should cut Kittle and Deebo because of their lack of overall performance statistics this year. The argument you put is just lame

Show me a single post where I have "blamed" anyone for Jimmy's injury. I'll wait.

While I am waiting, try to disprove the FACT that the 49ers have won 54% of our games since the start of that 5 game stretch where Jimmy took over in 2017. You can call my "argument" lame or whatever you want. Your adjectives dont change my facts. Jimmy has demonstrated he cannot stay on the field. In the 3+ years he has been here, we have won roughly half of our games and lost half of our games. Period.

This season is the first time in Kittles career where he has sustained a real injury. Apples to hand grenades comparison you just made.

What's disingenuous is you and couple of others trying to downgrade Jimmy's win percentage for games he wasn't even playing in. Let's say the 49ers continued to win 75% of the time while Jimmy was out - imagine us who are "backing" Jimmy trying to give him credit for wins during that time. Lol what a joke.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Couldnt be me.

For all intents and purposes, he missed 2018 and 2020 (two of the three seasons he was our starting QB). If you want to split hairs, fine.

66% versus 33% is "splitting hairs?"

Originally posted by Furlow:

Couldnt be me.

66% versus 33% is "splitting hairs?"

The 32 number couldnt possibly be more incorrect, but keep laughing it up Furlow.
Share 49ersWebzone