There are 234 users in the forums

**THE OFFICIAL ''REFEREES SCREWED US '' THREAD 2017/18 EDITION

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They bailed us out vs the lions.

Refs are terrible all around the league.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by SoCold:
SoCold, those look like screen passes in those images you posted but I can't tell. In the KC play, do you think Juice was throwing a block?

It's a designed route to cut off the defenders path to the ball. Juice just did a horrible job of selling it by running right into the guy and pushing him back a yard. Prob because he's a FB used to blocking. If that's a WR he prob brushes the LB with a shoulder and runs right by him pulling him to the middle of the field.

I think the Refs thought he was blocking because that's what they called. lol
Yeah refs definitely thought he was blocking. There is no pick/rub element to this three route combination, I posted a pic on the previous page. I am positive of three things: Juice was not blocking, the defender on Juice had no intention of covering Kittle, the defender on Juice had no intention of covering the corner of the end zone.

Yeah that doesn't matter tho once you make contact.

It's all about location of contact and location of the ball.

Say if the pass was thrown at Juice and hits the LB in the back. Then the LB is blocking Juices route to the ball and defensive PI should be called.
Ooo I don't see it that way either. The defender completely defeated Juice's route based on his positioning. Had CJ targeted Juice and the pass hit the LB in the back, I think that's good defense. Defender has every right to be where he was.
I think one thing we agree on is that Juice putting his arms up like that did him no favors and it made it seem like he was blocking. I know for a fact Juice was not blocking, which is why I think it's a bad call.

yep, that's pretty much the consensus. he throws his arms up as if he's trying to initiate a block. schematically, it wasn't designed that way. and if you just watch the defender the whole time, his ass is locked right into juice. route never had a chance.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:

yup.

not that it mattered, but they let Sherman's pass interference slide.
i hate football
Originally posted by susweel:

They didn't bail us out the Lions made a bonehead play lmao

Just because the holding had nothing to do with the play doesn't mean it didn't happen. If the roles were reversed I 110% guarantee you'd be singing a completely different tune.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Sep 25, 2018 at 1:04 PM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I'd say going 2/9 on 3rd downs and missing 47 tackles screwed us.

the refs didnt decide the game last week. however that doesnt mean there werent a couple extremely horse s**t calls
[ Edited by defenderDX on Sep 25, 2018 at 1:13 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
BS calls in every game against both teams. The good teams overcome them. The crap teams, do not.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by defenderDX:

the refs didnt decide the game last week. however that doesnt mean there werent a couple extremely horse s**t calls

every team reviews the tape and makes a list of the BS calls from the game and sends them to the league office. every game. every week. they know. lol

every team reviews the tape and makes a list of the BS calls from the game and sends them to the league office. every game. every week. they know. lol

which is why exactly im saying the calls didnt decide the outcome of the game. hello?

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

which is why exactly im saying the calls didnt decide the outcome of the game. hello?

I'm agreeing with you. Just letting you know that they know and there's nothing we can do about it.
I thought the Refs played a role in the KC game. The pass interference call to make the chiefs go up 14-0 was big. Those feet got tangled and the KC Player tripped over the niner who was looking/tracking the ball. Missed calls on both sides however. Then CJ comes in after the ACL and threw a dime to bring us within a score and we got screwed. The refs have been changing the game with the qb penalties allowing drives to be extended.
[ Edited by plummerfan on Sep 25, 2018 at 1:57 PM ]
I don't think we lost due to the refs but due to the defense allowing KC to move at will in the first half. They might as well have sat on the bench and just allowed KC to gas themselves running up and down the field.
Why can't they have a helmet or body cam on the refs with an official per ref in a booth with monitors watching exactly what their ref is seeing? They could be used only to quickly confirm or overturn a flag by way of headset and not call penalties missed. It wouldn't add that much time to immediately say yes or no to a penalty. A disagreement on whether or not it's a call would immediately overturn it without debate. Then they just give the old "there was no infraction on the play" and move on. I realize it would change the dynamic of old school football but so does instant replay. At least allow challenge flags to be used on penalties too.
It really sucks for a team to play so hard and lose by bad calls.
Share 49ersWebzone