There are 154 users in the forums

What is up with our empty stadium??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SoCold:

I think when people talk about being priced out it's about all the fans from SF who used to pay $1,000 for a season ticket refused to pay $15,000.

But that is the point which most people who are using the "priced out" argument are conveniently ignoring. Just because fans from SF refuse to pay $15,000 for tickets, doesnt mean they have to refuse to pay for tickets, period.

Like I have said in this thread a few times, my tickets are $95 a seat, and I am on the 50 yard like of the top deck. And I know for a fact that there are cheaper ticket levels than mine.

(For the record, your $15,000 figure is an extreme exaggeration. Sat in my friend's seats once. It was 50 yard line, 5th row, all you can eat and drink. Those tickets were $499 face. There is no way there are tickets in the stadium that are three times more expensive than those.)
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

I think when people talk about being priced out it's about all the fans from SF who used to pay $1,000 for a season ticket refused to pay $15,000.

But that is the point which most people who are using the "priced out" argument are conveniently ignoring. Just because fans from SF refuse to pay $15,000 for tickets, doesnt mean they have to refuse to pay for tickets, period.

Like I have said in this thread a few times, my tickets are $95 a seat, and I am on the 50 yard like of the top deck. And I know for a fact that there are cheaper ticket levels than mine.

(For the record, your $15,000 figure is an extreme exaggeration. Sat in my friend's seats once. It was 50 yard line, 5th row, all you can eat and drink. Those tickets were $499 face. There is no way there are tickets in the stadium that are three times more expensive than those.)

You're comparing apples to oranges. Of course we're not talking about being priced out of single games. Tickets are selling for $13.

I was talking about the people who have posted in this thread that had season tix to the old stadium and refused to fork over the cash for SBL and per game prices when the stadium opened.

They dropped prices for seats already. The 50 yard line seats you mentioned are $375 now. lol at the $80k SBL. Yeah that's a good investment. I'm glad he gets free food with those.
http://www.levisstadium.com/sbl-pricing-map/
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

You're comparing apples to oranges. Of course we're not talking about being priced out of single games. Tickets are selling for $13.

I was talking about the people who have posted in this thread that had season tix to the old stadium and refused to fork over the cash for SBL and per game prices when the stadium opened.

They dropped prices for seats already. The 50 yard line seats you mentioned are $375 now. lol at the $80k SBL. Yeah that's a good investment. I'm glad he gets free food with those.
http://www.levisstadium.com/sbl-pricing-map/
they always been 375
  • jcs
  • Veteran
http://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/article/49ers-penny-pinching-on-Levi-s-Stadium-12216774.php

"Did the 49ers and their stadium-builder, HNTB, conduct computer-climate studies? If so, did they ignore them to save money? I asked Lanson Nichols of HNTB, who was involved with the planning.

"One of the things that was primarily important to the fans, as well as the team," Nichols said, "was that this be an open-air stadium: natural-grass field, the essence of football being played outdoors. It was never really a mandate to do a roof. You don't normally do those kinds of (computer) comfort studies."
Nichols said weather studies were done, but not the specific kind of computer analysis to which the stadium-building expert referred, because that's not a study HNTB normally would do for an outdoor stadium.

"So no, it wasn't really a question that was asked — 'Is this going to be uncomfortable?' — because that's kind of a normal condition in an open-air stadium," he said.

In fairness to 49ers CEO Jed York, who — with sidekick Paraag Marathe — hustled up the financing for the stadium, it was a scramble to raise all that dough, so maybe this was simple economics; Jed and family couldn't afford shade. If so, I wonder if the Yorks now wish they had cut corners elsewhere — fewer ritzy frills — and diverted the money to shade.

"I think it was a cost-saving issue," the architecture expert said, purely speculating. "They simply did not want to do a stadium that was domed or had any kind of shading device. ... The 49ers are going to suffer for years and years to come because of that poor investment decision."
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
hopefully it's full of colts fans on sunday to give Gore the welcome he deserves.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
hopefully it's full of colts fans on sunday to give Gore the welcome he deserves.

Well, we're playing in Indy so I don't think our stadium will be full of any fans on Sunday lol.

Way to pay attention
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Way to pay attention
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Way to pay attention

Entered text.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jcs:
http://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/article/49ers-penny-pinching-on-Levi-s-Stadium-12216774.php

"Did the 49ers and their stadium-builder, HNTB, conduct computer-climate studies? If so, did they ignore them to save money? I asked Lanson Nichols of HNTB, who was involved with the planning.

"One of the things that was primarily important to the fans, as well as the team," Nichols said, "was that this be an open-air stadium: natural-grass field, the essence of football being played outdoors. It was never really a mandate to do a roof. You don't normally do those kinds of (computer) comfort studies."
Nichols said weather studies were done, but not the specific kind of computer analysis to which the stadium-building expert referred, because that's not a study HNTB normally would do for an outdoor stadium.

"So no, it wasn't really a question that was asked — 'Is this going to be uncomfortable?' — because that's kind of a normal condition in an open-air stadium," he said.

In fairness to 49ers CEO Jed York, who — with sidekick Paraag Marathe — hustled up the financing for the stadium, it was a scramble to raise all that dough, so maybe this was simple economics; Jed and family couldn't afford shade. If so, I wonder if the Yorks now wish they had cut corners elsewhere — fewer ritzy frills — and diverted the money to shade.

"I think it was a cost-saving issue," the architecture expert said, purely speculating. "They simply did not want to do a stadium that was domed or had any kind of shading device. ... The 49ers are going to suffer for years and years to come because of that poor investment decision."

Lol same ol cheap ass Yorks.

Originally posted by susweel:

Lol same ol cheap ass Yorks.
whats cheap, there are no domes in California
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
thats about to change.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
once that rams stadium is built jed say good bye to hosting anymore super bowls.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
once that rams stadium is built jed say good bye to hosting anymore super bowls.

He'll always have coldplay...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

He'll always have coldplay...

as long as its at night.
Share 49ersWebzone