LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 317 users in the forums

Will being on the sidelines improve or degrade Shanny's OFFENSIVE game management?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will being on the sidelines improve or degrade Shanny's OFFENSIVE game management?

Originally posted by facestabber:
Safe to say the booth is a more sterile environment. I'd imagine making calls without all of the additional emotion from the sideline is ideal. I expect a transition.
It might be a transitionary period, it might not. Mike McCarthy didn't have too much trouble making the move and Mike Martz spent more time than not calling plays from the sideline as an OC. The biggest thing will be how quickly and accurately the guys he does have in the booth identify things he'll be looking for from that view and relay that information to him.

Walsh may have preferred calling from a booth but doesn't mean he was more effective. Just might mean he liked the quieter atmosphere but was fully capable of operating from the sideline anyways.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
It might be a transitionary period, it might not. Mike McCarthy didn't have too much trouble making the move and Mike Martz spent more time than not calling plays from the sideline as an OC. The biggest thing will be how quickly and accurately the guys he does have in the booth identify things he'll be looking for from that view and relay that information to him.

Walsh may have preferred calling from a booth but doesn't mean he was more effective. Just might mean he liked the quieter atmosphere but was fully capable of operating from the sideline anyways.

I have seen your break downs and football knowledge. I have no grounds to question you here. Respect
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I don't think it matters much now with the technology. The HC can get instant feedback on plays from what the booth sees.
  • thl408
I voted degrade because now he is forced to use a Surface tablet.
I think hell just be a bit more stressed... But like others mentioned having a feel of the game, interacting with his offensive players and particular game situations can be positives.

Im sure hell be asking about certain feedback from someone up there to put 2+2 together.

Might round out his game, i definitely in the end think it wont be anything noticeable.
Originally posted by thl408:
I voted degrade because now he is forced to use a Surface tablet.
maybe now BB will get a taste of his own medicine when someone hacks those tablets
Share 49ersWebzone