There are 210 users in the forums

2017 49ers Practice Squad Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
$7,200 minimum per week to be on the practice squad. Sign me up coach!!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
$7,200 minimum per week to be on the practice squad. Sign me up coach!!

That's just the minimum. Players can make more than that on the practice squad.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Yeah its not unusual for guys to be making $20,000 a week. $80,000 a month, not bad work if you can get it.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Yeah its not unusual for guys to be making $20,000 a week. $80,000 a month, not bad work if you can get it.

The Vikings gave that QB Sloter $20k a week, I could see Hikutini getting more than minimum.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I did a quick write up of the guys on our Practice Squad. https://mrsportsreport.wordpress.com

If McNichols can get his head on straight and focus, I think he could be a sneaky good addition to the PS. Also pretty stoked to see the development of Cole Hikutini and Darrell Williams

I agree. McNichols is a very interesting back. I don't watch hard knocks but I've read the articles documenting his issues with missed assignments. I think Kyle can pull the talent out of him. He was a WR before he switched to RB so the guy can catch which is a big plus in Kyle's offense. Runs fast, 4.49 or something like that. So he's speedy and can catch and he can play multiple roles on a football squad. I can see a guy like this catching passes out of the backfield and doing damage that way on an offense, and he was a 5th round draft selection too. I hope he develops on the practice squad and challenge the encumbent RB's on the 53 next year.
[ Edited by Giedi on Sep 4, 2017 at 8:19 AM ]
Do we have an official depth-chat?
Originally posted by Giedi:
I agree. McNichols is a very interesting back. I don't watch hard knocks but I've read the articles documenting his issues with missed assignments. I think Kyle can pull the talent out of him. He was a WR before he switched to RB so the guy can catch which is a big plus in Kyle's offense. Runs fast, 4.49 or something like that. So he's speedy and can catch and he can play multiple roles on a football squad. I can see a guy like this catching passes out of the backfield and doing damage that way on an offense, and he was a 5th round draft selection too. I hope he develops on the practice squad and challenge the encumbent RB's on the 53 next year.

Thinking to next year, it is very possible Hyde will be history. So to have someone like Williams coming back and hopefully focused, and this guy, will be a good thing. Throw a bunch of numbers at it again and some will stick. My hope is that this was a wake up call for Williams, and he works his ass off this year and goes into next year 100% ready to go.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Do we have an official depth-chat?

In my Team Info/Needs thread
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
So we do have Scooby?

The San Francisco 49ers announced Sunday that they've officially signed eight players to their practice squad including LB Scooby Wright.

Here's the full practice squad:

WR DeAndre Carter
OL John Flynn
TE Cole Hikutini
CB Asa Jackson
QB Nick Mullens
DL Noble Nwachukwu
WR DeAndre Smelter
OL Darrell Williams Jr.

http://nfltraderumors.co/49ers-officially-sign-8-players-practice-squad-including-lb-scooby-wright/

Really glad to see Asa, Hikutini, and esp Darrell Williams on PS. It think all 3 end up seeing some PT before the yr is out. Would love to see Williams get a feel for OT.

Also surprising to see the salary for the PS....wow, that is some paycheck over 17 weeks. No idea it was that high.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 4, 2017 at 9:18 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PacTiger:
Deandre carter and asa jackson on the ps makes me sad.

it should. asa is terrible. how can anyone justify that signing and keeping him around. i am sure some will

Originally posted by cciowa:

it should. asa is terrible. how can anyone justify that signing and keeping him around. i am sure some will

Agreed, those two are very poor. It wouldn't surprise me to see those two replaced at some point.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Agreed, those two are very poor. It wouldn't surprise me to see those two replaced at some point.

i totally get when you say. there are no all pros or elite players out there who got cut. but people like you who are smarter than me about players have got to think there are two guys out there who even are a titch better than these two that can help us? , there has to be i would think. you and others know the players in the nfl better than me. what do you think?

i totally get when you say. there are no all pros or elite players out there who got cut. but people like you who are smarter than me about players have got to think there are two guys out there who even are a titch better than these two that can help us? , there has to be i would think. you and others know the players in the nfl better than me. what do you think?

Haha...you want to know my feelings on the matter, grab some and enjoy.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/189186-waiver-wire-poor-mans-christmas-position/

Seems to me, 'Lynch the football player' couldn't give way to 'Lynch the GM' during this cut/waiver process.

The NFL's trade explosion: Execs explain the wheeling and dealing http://es.pn/2vXApf6
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 4, 2017 at 10:00 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Thinking to next year, it is very possible Hyde will be history. So to have someone like Williams coming back and hopefully focused, and this guy, will be a good thing. Throw a bunch of numbers at it again and some will stick. My hope is that this was a wake up call for Williams, and he works his ass off this year and goes into next year 100% ready to go.

Hopefully Williams does wake up. That fumbling issue isn't an issue of lack of speed or stone hands, it's technique and strength, so it's curable. Bad hands or lack of speed aren't. (at least not in Vance McDonald's hands case) I really was looking forward to seeing Williams outrun defenses this year. Really sad to see him IR'ed. But really jacked to see the Undrafteds blow this league wide open. If the do well, my confidence in ShanaLynch's talent evaluations will go sky high. Then I'll know we have a coaching staff that will be able to still get players even though we're drafting at the number 32 spot for a couple of years.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Hopefully Williams does wake up. That fumbling issue isn't an issue of lack of speed or stone hands, it's technique and strength, so it's curable. Bad hands or lack of speed aren't. (at least not in Vance McDonald's hands case) I really was looking forward to seeing Williams outrun defenses this year. Really sad to see him IR'ed. But really jacked to see the Undrafteds blow this league wide open. If the do well, my confidence in ShanaLynch's talent evaluations will go sky high. Then I'll know we have a coaching staff that will be able to still get players even though we're drafting at the number 32 spot for a couple of years.
I had high hopes for him to but i think he will be a fine player down the road for us. i know people think i am negative nancy but i have always been high and was really pleased to see how the regime has moved to upgrade our run game. even without williams. i have zero worries cept for the usual ones i have about hyde. lol. that we will be more than good there. maybe hyde will surprise me . sometimes i just expect to much from him.lol
Share 49ersWebzone