LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 154 users in the forums

Injuries - 9-Year Analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by genus49:
This s**t is getting ridiculous. We need to stay healthy. I can't even get super excited for the Lions game since have our roster is banged up.

Wish we could've seen our healthy vs Vikings for the real test. Have to imagine if we didn't suffer the injuries at RG and Goodwin outcome would be different. Not even talking McKinnon injury.

McKinnon would have been nice too...just to see. It's crazy frustrating.

Seriously man! IDGAF what anyone says, if Jerrick was healthy and all our guys stayed healthy we win that game. Imagine if Reuben was next to Fred in that game too
Originally posted by ArmchairQB:
So much for regressing to the norm. We are still an injury outlier and it is getting ridiculous.

I think it's long past ridiculous lol. What, is this year five?
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by genus49:
This s**t is getting ridiculous. We need to stay healthy. I can't even get super excited for the Lions game since have our roster is banged up.

Wish we could've seen our healthy vs Vikings for the real test. Have to imagine if we didn't suffer the injuries at RG and Goodwin outcome would be different. Not even talking McKinnon injury.

McKinnon would have been nice too...just to see. It's crazy frustrating.

Seriously man! IDGAF what anyone says, if Jerrick was healthy and all our guys stayed healthy we win that game. Imagine if Reuben was next to Fred in that game too

This. McKinnon, Goodwin, and Kittle were the main focal points of the offense. Game changers that can all attack every level of the defense.

Add to that, Coyle can't keep up with the speed that players like Dalvin Cook have. Foster would have made a huge difference since MN seemed to be playing w short yardage downs a lot.

This doesn't even take into consideration the entire right side of the line being blown up in one half of football.

It's beyond old at this point. Especially, watching the Rams march most of their starters on the field every week.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So much for regressing to the norm. We are still an injury outlier and it is getting ridiculous.

I know people keep saying "bad luck" but you have to ask yourself ... is it the players or the conditioning?

It begs the question. We have the have the most hammys out of any team in the league.

Seriously. This is year 5. At some point, you have to look across the other side of the line and say, "How come none of you get hurt?" Like Sherman, maybe better players are just more coordinated, smarter, eat better, better genes, heal faster, high pain tolerance, more controlled in their movements, better instincts in traffic, etc.

I looked at us in Minnesota and did anyone see one single Viking slip? Meanwhile, our guys were tripping over themselves, slipping, falling down, landing oddly, tackling awkwardly, giving themselves concussions, etc.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:

I think it's long past ridiculous lol. What, is this year five?

Yes.

I know people keep saying "bad luck" but you have to ask yourself ... is it the players or the conditioning?

It begs the question. We have the have the most hammys out of any team in the league.

Seriously. This is year 5. At some point, you have to look across the other side of the line and say, "How come none of you get hurt?" Like Sherman, maybe better players are just more coordinated, smarter, eat better, better genes, heal faster, high pain tolerance, more controlled in their movements, better instincts in traffic, etc.

I looked at us in Minnesota and did anyone see one single Viking slip? Meanwhile, our guys were tripping over themselves, slipping, falling down, landing oddly, tackling awkwardly, giving themselves concussions, etc.

I was JUST saying this to my buddy last week during the MNF games. Watched, up to that point, 1.5 games, and I couldnt remember a single player even going down for a second or two. I guess if you count the kicker, that was one. Meanwile, in 1 game we lost 6 players, and I dont even think it took the first half for most of them.

McGlinchey on playing Guard: "Hopefully we never get into that situation again"......methinks he doesn't realized what team drafted him lol.
[ Edited by PowderdToastMn on Sep 14, 2018 at 4:08 PM ]
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
I was JUST saying this to my buddy last week during the MNF games. Watched, up to that point, 1.5 games, and I couldnt remember a single player even going down for a second or two. I guess if you count the kicker, that was one. Meanwile, in 1 game we lost 6 players, and I dont even think it took the first half for most of them.

McGlinchey on playing Guard: "Hopefully we never get into that situation again"......methinks he doesn't realized what team drafted him lol.

And not surprisingly, when we had all of our best players in their primes, that was the last time we also were one of the most healthy teams.
Call up the Falcons and ask them who they would recommend for strength and conditioning.

Oh snap!!!

Looking at my OP chart, 2014 was rough but 2015-2017 has been stellar!
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 14, 2018 at 8:03 PM ]
It's spreading.

"Sherm, I expect him to be out there. He didn't practice yesterday. He's had some wear and tear on his heel and everything like that that he's been through. We're taking it smart with him.

They'll be ready to go on Sunday."

Is there some major disconnect between Kyle and the training staff? He never seems to be informed of what's going on with his injured players.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 21, 2018 at 7:48 AM ]

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I also like that some posters are acknowledging that Harbs last year was affected by injuries. Only took you guys 3 years to see the obvious

We had the Martin twins starting for us. Marcus and Jonathan. The softest of the softest.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I also like that some posters are acknowledging that Harbs last year was affected by injuries. Only took you guys 3 years to see the obvious

We had the Martin twins starting for us. Marcus and Jonathan. The softest of the softest.

They were both softer than soft.

Oh snap!!!

Looking at my OP chart, 2014 was rough but 2015-2017 has been stellar!

Yep. I'm sorry but "bad luck" just doesn't cut it anymore with me on this issue. It's every year.

Nope, not at all.
Well, well, well... another week. More important players to add to IR.

Fire every training staff every year until someone figures out how to keep the IR number under 15 by the halfway point. We're not playing the same game as other teams.
Why won't they dig out that Raiders jersey?
Share 49ersWebzone