LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

The Uniform Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Teams should just be allowed to wear whatever the hell they want...stupid Goodell NFL

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Wish they had the gd inlays in the numbering like in the 90s:

I may be in the minority here, but I was not a big fan of those. Maybe it was the gold pants idk. Meh

Those jerseys are horrid - I've never liked them.

Agreed, I was never a fan of those.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by swayze:
Yeah, the only positive memories really associated with those uniforms are the Catch 2 WC game against GB, and the Giants WC comeback in 2002. The rest is just muddy Packers losses, Garrison Hearst's injury, Steve Young's career ender, T.O. dismantling the Garcia era, Terry Donahue, Dennis Erickson, and Mike Nolan.

I loved the 1996 50th anniversary version with white pants and gold outlines on the names, but 97-09 was a pretty depressing era.

They wore white pants for 96-97, switched to gold pants in 98 and kept them thereafter IIRC

Yeah, I remember at the time I was happy they brought back gold pants in 98, but looking back that style looked better with white.

After watching clips of the '97 title game ( ) I have to agree with the last part of your post. The home red/white pants was a better look. 1996/97 overall is a forgotten look, as most "49er uniform history" posts highlight the classic 80s, 94, 98-07 and 09-present looks.

Side note, the 1996/97 home red/white pants look always invokes memories of the December 1997 MNF game vs Denver for me personally.
I know technically our throwbacks are considered "color rush", which is probably why everyone wore white socks, but the original 1994 uniforms had red socks, and it looked WAY better.

I know technically our throwbacks are considered "color rush", which is probably why everyone wore white socks, but the original 1994 uniforms had red socks, and it looked WAY better.

They wore red with white stripes for the first half of the season. They then wore the all red socks for the remainder and playoffs. Personally, I am a fan of the red with white stripes...I know that others do not share that opinion
Originally posted by Niners816:

They wore red with white stripes for the first half of the season. They then wore the all red socks for the remainder and playoffs. Personally, I am a fan of the red with white stripes...I know that others do not share that opinion

Either one is better than the all white leotard look. Don't get me wrong I personally love the candy cane socks especially with the classic 80s look, but I think the solid red is natural fit with these.

• thl408
[ Edited by thl408 on Sep 10, 2021 at 12:14 PM ]
These look pretty nice!

Uniforms are fine the way they are, leave them alone!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Who are we, Oregon? Do we really need all these different combination of uniforms?
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Wish they had the gd inlays in the numbering like in the 90s:

I may be in the minority here, but I was not a big fan of those. Maybe it was the gold pants idk. Meh

Those jerseys are horrid - I've never liked them.

Agreed, I was never a fan of those.

First off, you're lookin at a knock off version of that jersey.

2ndly I know this, because I own a authentic version of this jersey and it's my all time favorite one.

These are classics.

These with the white pants were fire.
[ Edited by KittleMeThis on Feb 21, 2022 at 8:13 AM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Teams should just be allowed to wear whatever the hell they want...stupid Goodell NFL

I think we should have an alt uni that replaces all gold with silver as a nod to our old school days with the silver. Our Ohio State players (Nick Joey for example) would approve.
I think our 4 uniform combos are nearly perfect.

The only changes I'd make are as follows:
-add the 3rd stripe to our main home and away sleeves
-red socks with the 1994s instead of the white tights
-drop the "49ers" chest mark, or switch to the Quentin/saloon font
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
I think our 4 uniform combos are nearly perfect.

The only changes I'd make are as follows:
-add the 3rd stripe to our main home and away sleeves
-red socks with the 1994s instead of the white tights
-drop the "49ers" chest mark, or switch to the Quentin/saloon font

everything should be Saloon font. it just looks better.
Share 49ersWebzone