There are 246 users in the forums

Why the 49ers Will Be A Dynasty Again Soon

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Antix:
A 2-14 team talking bout dynasties.

[ Edited by cNiner on Jun 5, 2017 at 3:09 AM ]
Well, I think there is some justification in talking dynasty. We have, for the first time in many years, an organisation who is thinking in the long term, planning in the long term and building in the long term.
Originally posted by English:
Well, I think there is some justification in talking dynasty. We have, for the first time in many years, an organisation who is thinking in the long term, planning in the long term and building in the long term.

Baby steps man. You don't start talking dynasty until you actually win a Super Bowl. We clown Seahawk fans for talking dynasty after 1 SB, and now we're talking a new 49ers dynasty before the new regime even takes a snap?
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Baby steps man. You don't start talking dynasty until you actually win a Super Bowl. We clown Seahawk fans for talking dynasty after 1 SB, and now we're talking a new 49ers dynasty before the new regime even takes a snap?

Having seen this place awash with misery, cynicism and pessimism for an age I see no problem with a little optimism. I really dont care what Seahawk fans think of us. But the point is not that we need to wait until we win one. The point is, at last, we have an organisation which is building for extended future success.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Having seen this place awash with misery, cynicism and pessimism for an age I see no problem with a little optimism. I really dont care what Seahawk fans think of us. But the point is not that we need to wait until we win one. The point is, at last, we have an organisation which is building for extended future success.

I didn't saw anything about what Seahawk fans think of us. I'm saying we shouldn't act like fools when we're a 2-14 team without a quarterback.
There is justification in being optimistic about becoming competitive again. That is wildly, wildly different than using the "d" word.
Originally posted by theduke85:
There is justification in being optimistic about becoming competitive again. That is wildly, wildly different than using the "d" word.

Let's start with making the playoffs.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i think some of you are forgetting who runs this team.

For us to get back to a Dynasty status we will have to go 10 years into the future and look back. I would love to say that we will be a Dynasty and this was the year it all started. However we need to focus on this year and next. Build year by year with improvement every year. I'd be happy with steady improvement year to year and not worry about being a Dynasty again. If our guys do thier jobs the Dynasty thing may come but I'd rather focus on the now and let the future take care of itself.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

LOL...while way premature at this point, that was not the point of the article. I didn't get the impression it was meant to be taken literally but rather, just noting similarities to past dynasty elements, something even Peter King noted in ShanaLynch's first draft process.

Will history repeat itself? Who knows...
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 5, 2017 at 11:08 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL...while way premature at this point, that was not the point of the article. I didn't get the impression it was meant to be taken literal but rather, noting similarities to past dynasty elements, something even Peter King noted in the draft process.

Will history retreat itself? Who knows...

Agreed. The title of the article was lol wtf, but the content did not match the title of the article, thankfully. The content itself was much more subdued and rational compared to its title.
I see things headed in the right direction with a sold draft and free agency we have really improved. I know some may not agree but I think Hoyer is going shock some people and we are going to be contending for the NFC West title this year. Next year another solid draft and free agency I think we are laying the foundation to be strong contenders very soon.
We just signed Dumerville
Share 49ersWebzone