There are 190 users in the forums

Why the 49ers Will Be A Dynasty Again Soon

Shop Find 49ers gear online
An interesting read.

Makes a lot of sense.

Here comes the BOOM!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/1688-why-49ers-dynasty-again-soon/

It seemed as though fans went through a state of shock when the team was gutted for the greater good, but here's the reality: if you want to change a 2-14 team, you have to change every aspect of it. The team was in such disarray last year that the regular old pep talk just wouldn't cut it. Cuts had to made, and hearts had to be broken.

Defense wins championships, and after three straight years of drafting players to shore up the defensive front, the 49ers look as though they are ready to compete. Not because the third time's a charm, but because the defense finally has a clear direction under new coordinator Robert Saleh.

The franchise boasts one of the youngest rosters of all 32 professional teams, most notably across the defensive front. Provided that the young standouts on the roster pan out, the 49ers could be set at those positions season after season.
  • thl408
Dynasty? Dynasty? You kiddin me? I just hope we can make it to the playoffs.
I liked our offseason and I feel like we were more talented last year than the team performed. Not a tonne, but still better than they finished. A lot of injuries etc. Anyway, we need a QB. Hoyer looks like he can be a stop gap and you never know maybe he's one of those Gannon types who really figures it out later in his career. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Beathard is really interesting too but odds are he's more of a backup than a starter. We'll see though.

Solomon Thomas could be great. If most of the defensive talent he picked up even comes close to living up to expectations we will be well on our way. Foster and Thomas can be big difference makers and if Bowman can get back to what he was before the achilles we will have some real talent on defense. We also have some interesting DBs who have shown big flashes. Hopefully Ward can stay healthy.

I still wonder about Carradine - he was getting first team reps. Guy is still a physical freak. He is clearly dumb as a rock but he also played most of his career in a 4-3. Wonder if the new scheme will suit him much better? I think it probably will.
[ Edited by Evilgenius on Jun 4, 2017 at 5:35 PM ]
I'm calling playoffs this year
10-6
I think we will be a 6 and 10 team this year and 8 and 8 the next. But after that we will be 11-5 after we have our new starting QB who was drafted the year before and seasoned for a year. After that it is all gravy. We have the ca space and the draft picks this up coming year and a solid front office and coaching staff to get free agents.
So a Dynasty is on the cards then.
I read that article yesterday. Just some therapy notes from the pen of an optimist, it seemed.
Moving from a rudderless ship to a navigable vessel is a major step but by no means signals a dynasty in the making.

We still have yet to see the ability of the Yorks to know how to own a dynasty.
We still do know if Kyle has the nuts and bolts in place to coach anything more than an effective offense. There have been good NFL offenses that get turned away from supremacy year after year, and are forgotten to the passage of time.
We still don't have, nor are we even close to pretending to have, a Dynastic Quarterback. And even then, Drew Brees has one ring in how many years? Dan Marino has what to show for his skin in the game?

I hope we've turned a corner and things are looking up, and that 5 or 6 of our young players become pro bowlers, but the reality is that there are probably only 12 guys on the 2017 Game-1 53 man roster who will be on the team in 4 years.
No talk of dynasty until after 2 Super Bowl victories.
Comparing and reflecting on the 49ers and Patriots dynasties, 15 and 35 years after they began

http://www.patriots.com/news/2017/01/12/comparing-and-reflecting-49ers-and-patriots-dynasties-15-and-35-years-after-they

"But when you look at the two teams and the way they've done it, there are common denominators between them. In some ways, the 49ers and Patriots are very similar." Read

None of the Super Bowl-winning coaches waged closer hand-to-hand combat with the Patriots dynasty than Tony Dungy. (AP Photo)

Such as? Read

"No. 1 is you have an organizational philosophy of how we're going to do things, and that doesn't change," Dungy said. "With New England it's been easier because it's been the same person running it the whole time. The 49ers had to shift from Bill Walsh to George Seifert (in 1989). But it was the same ownership, the same general manager (John McVay) and George had grown up in the system and kind of kept it going. But you've got this overarching philosophy of the kind of player we want, how we're going to do things, and our offensive and defensive system is staying the same. Read

"The second thing you have is outstanding quarterbacking. New England has done it with one guy for those 16 years, and the Niners did it with two. But you had the same high efficiency quarterbacks who knew how to take care of the ball and could make clutch plays when you needed it, and that gives everybody confidence that you're going to be fine no matter what the situation is. Read

"And then the third thing that kind of goes under the radar is outstanding defenses. The 49ers defenses were very, very stingy in terms of giving up points, and same thing in New England. So the formula is kind of there and it didn't change, and they were able to get people to come and buy into it, whether it's star players like Randy Moss or LeGarrette Blount with the Patriots or Deion Sanders with the 49ers. They all buy into doing it the way it was done there. They all had to understand and fit into the formula that was already established there."
Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:
Comparing and reflecting on the 49ers and Patriots dynasties, 15 and 35 years after they began

http://www.patriots.com/news/2017/01/12/comparing-and-reflecting-49ers-and-patriots-dynasties-15-and-35-years-after-they

"But when you look at the two teams and the way they've done it, there are common denominators between them. In some ways, the 49ers and Patriots are very similar." Read

None of the Super Bowl-winning coaches waged closer hand-to-hand combat with the Patriots dynasty than Tony Dungy. (AP Photo)

Such as? Read

"No. 1 is you have an organizational philosophy of how we're going to do things, and that doesn't change," Dungy said. "With New England it's been easier because it's been the same person running it the whole time. The 49ers had to shift from Bill Walsh to George Seifert (in 1989). But it was the same ownership, the same general manager (John McVay) and George had grown up in the system and kind of kept it going. But you've got this overarching philosophy of the kind of player we want, how we're going to do things, and our offensive and defensive system is staying the same. Read

"The second thing you have is outstanding quarterbacking. New England has done it with one guy for those 16 years, and the Niners did it with two. But you had the same high efficiency quarterbacks who knew how to take care of the ball and could make clutch plays when you needed it, and that gives everybody confidence that you're going to be fine no matter what the situation is. Read

"And then the third thing that kind of goes under the radar is outstanding defenses. The 49ers defenses were very, very stingy in terms of giving up points, and same thing in New England. So the formula is kind of there and it didn't change, and they were able to get people to come and buy into it, whether it's star players like Randy Moss or LeGarrette Blount with the Patriots or Deion Sanders with the 49ers. They all buy into doing it the way it was done there. They all had to understand and fit into the formula that was already established there."

Warriors owner bought the Niners?
let's just find a franchise qb first
Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:
An interesting read.

Makes a lot of sense.

Here comes the BOOM!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/1688-why-49ers-dynasty-again-soon/

It seemed as though fans went through a state of shock when the team was gutted for the greater good, but here's the reality: if you want to change a 2-14 team, you have to change every aspect of it. The team was in such disarray last year that the regular old pep talk just wouldn't cut it. Cuts had to made, and hearts had to be broken.

Defense wins championships, and after three straight years of drafting players to shore up the defensive front, the 49ers look as though they are ready to compete. Not because the third time's a charm, but because the defense finally has a clear direction under new coordinator Robert Saleh.

The franchise boasts one of the youngest rosters of all 32 professional teams, most notably across the defensive front. Provided that the young standouts on the roster pan out, the 49ers could be set at those positions season after season.

Wow. Thank you for confirming what I always say about 95% of NFL fans and their rose-coloured glasses.

Dynasty. With the current, starting QB named Brian Hoyer.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
A 2-14 team talking bout dynasties.
Originally posted by thl408:
Dynasty? Dynasty? You kiddin me? I just hope we can make it to the playoffs.

Seriously, let's take one gobdamn snap first under the new regime before we crown ANYONE.
Share 49ersWebzone