LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 327 users in the forums

2018 Season QB lineup

Shop Find 49ers gear online
@ all Kirk Cousins to tha 9ers talk
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Barkley is already as good as COUSINS.. Please stop !!! no more Kirk !! no more Kirk!!
  • fan49
  • Veteran
forgetting all about jimmy g
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Barkley is already as good as COUSINS.. Please stop !!! no more Kirk !! no more Kirk!!

Are you joking Barkley would be lucky to wash Kirks jock strap
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

You no like Cousins??
Originally posted by Waterbear:

You no like Cousins??

He's ok what I dont like is paying a guy $30-$40 million a season for tha next 5-6 yrs then we'll have no money to pay better younger players

You no like Cousins??

He's ok what I dont like is paying a guy $30-$40 million a season for tha next 5-6 yrs then we'll have no money to pay better younger players
Which "better" younger players?
Originally posted by mojave45:

You no like Cousins??

$30-40M a season

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
There aren't any draft pick QBs in 2018 that excite me...or dare I say Shanahan. Name me one draft pick who has a higher ceiling than Cousins...you can't, because there aren't any. Don't give me Darnold, either. He'll still be a sophomore after the 2017 season. Alex isn't coming back to the Niners...don't know where that came from, but it's just not happening. I can see Cousins, Hoyer & Beathard...that actually makes sense.

You've spoken to Shanahan about this personally?

Have to see how this year plays out and who actually declares but Darnold, Rosen and Allen are all top 5 level QB prospects if they play well. If Kyle doesn't like any of them then he may be overthinking things and buying his own hype.

There will likely be a few other guys who bring their stock up and become top level prospects. Cousins would be a safer thing but there will need to be some serious evaluations if we're better off going with a cheaper and younger player who can be coached up with better talent than Kirk and possibly become someone who can be our QB 10+ years vs maybe 10 max with Cousins(if that)
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by mojave45:

You no like Cousins??

$30-40M a season

This. The NFL'S top two paid QBs Brees and Luck are both making just under 25 mil a season. Cousins will not get a contract next season that pays him more than 5 mil a season over those guys.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't see Mahomes beating out Alex for at least the next 2 years.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
There aren't any draft pick QBs in 2018 that excite me...or dare I say Shanahan. Name me one draft pick who has a higher ceiling than Cousins...you can't, because there aren't any. Don't give me Darnold, either. He'll still be a sophomore after the 2017 season. Alex isn't coming back to the Niners...don't know where that came from, but it's just not happening. I can see Cousins, Hoyer & Beathard...that actually makes sense.

What? Sam, Rosen, Allen have stupid high ceilings....this is looked at as one of the best qb classes in some time.

I'm all in on Kirk cause he's developed and we can spend that pick on something else outside of qb, but I disagree with you, not sure what Darnold being a sophomore means? He's eligible for the draft.
Originally posted by 9moon:

💩

Lol 30-40 million, dude we wouldn't be tagging him every yr your math is off by 15-20 million there.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 19, 2017 at 4:12 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rlott42:
Based on news and speculation, if things fall in the right places, I could see the 2018 QB lineup being:

QB1 - Kirk Cousins - Signed UFA
QB2 - Alex Smith - Signed post June cut
QB3 - CJ Beathard

This would be ideal and sets us up for nicely for quite a long time. If Cousins gets injured, Smith would be a perfect backup, both in performance and attitude. CJ gets to develop, if he's the guy, he takes over when he beats out Cousins, if he's not, we draft another to develop. With Cousins/Smith, we would have the luxury to develop the next in line.

Alex will be in his late 30's, by the time we get him back on this team.
Share 49ersWebzone