Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 623 users in the forums

Predict 2017 leader in all-purpose yards

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,581
Originally posted by Boldjames:
OW Kyle Jusczyck

thought this was going to be a 9moon post
Not high enough to play on this one lol.
We are going to throw the ball short and out of the backfield a lot. Im going to go out on a limb and say rookie Trent Taylor believe it or not.

Especially if he gets KR/PR duties too.

Hows that for a prediction?
You think he beats Kerley on first team slot and PR duties?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
You think he beats Kerley on first team slot and PR duties?

I do, separation is key and Taylor gets separation. Kerley holds no advantage in the playbook so its an open competition. I think the younger, fresher legs win out.

Both should still see plenty of reps though. Kerley may even compete with Goodwin outside. He definitely has a knack for getting open. It might work to his advantage to play outside against less agile corners like nickel backs are in the slot.

He would also be good in stack formations with Taylor. Pretty nice little 1 2 punch on quick hitting routes and rubs.
[ Edited by JBrack on May 7, 2017 at 3:21 PM ]
I'll go with Hyde. He led the team in all-purpose yards last year.

Also depends who the KR is. If that player also has a role on offense he might be the apy leader.
Originally posted by JBrack:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
You think he beats Kerley on first team slot and PR duties?

I do, separation is key and Taylor gets separation. Kerley holds no advantage in the playbook so its an open competition. I think the younger, fresher legs win out.

Both should still see plenty of reps though. Kerley may even compete with Goodwin outside. He definitely has a knack for getting open. It might work to his advantage to play outside against less agile corners like nickel backs are in the slot.

He would also be good in stack formations with Taylor. Pretty nice little 1 2 punch on quick hitting routes and rubs.

That's not true. Kerley does have WCO experience under Marty Mormhinweg. I was just thinking I think Kerley gets more snaps on offense and might win the PR job. Ideally I'd like a lil more explosiveness from the PR spot IF they can give us as assured hands cause Kerley gives us a piece of mind back there. Holding our breath for years sucked lol.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
That's not true. Kerley does have WCO experience under Marty Mormhinweg. I was just thinking I think Kerley gets more snaps on offense and might win the PR job. Ideally I'd like a lil more explosiveness from the PR spot IF they can give us as assured hands cause Kerley gives us a piece of mind back there. Holding our breath for years sucked lol.

Some of the terminology and concepts are similar but the basic route tree isn't so basic in Shanahan's system. I don't think his experience playing in NY is going to help him much. This offense is more based on deception rather than timing like the traditional WCO.
Now that we have a real WR it will be Garcon or Hyde (if Hyde can stay healthy).
Shanahan distributes the ball pretty evenly between the 2 wideouts, 2 RBs and TE. Look at how the Falcons offensive players did last year
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Shanahan distributes the ball pretty evenly between the 2 wideouts, 2 RBs and TE. Look at how the Falcons offensive players did last year

Ya, the TE's are mostly used to block. The RB's split time. WR's usually get the most yardage as far as one person is concerned.
  • dj43
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 38,393
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Joe Williams. He is more explosive than Hyde and will begin to steal reps by October. Also Hyde's injury history comes into play.
  • dj43
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 38,393
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Shanahan distributes the ball pretty evenly between the 2 wideouts, 2 RBs and TE. Look at how the Falcons offensive players did last year

Ya, the TE's are mostly used to block. The RB's split time. WR's usually get the most yardage as far as one person is concerned.

True, however, we don't have any dominant WRs. Yards will get spread around all the receivers but the RBs will get the most yards this season.
Originally posted by dj43:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Joe Williams. He is more explosive than Hyde and will begin to steal reps by October. Also Hyde's injury history comes into play.

I was thinking the same thing. I also think the quarterback situation isn't solid enough to pick a receiver for me.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone