LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 323 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Has to be a Nickleback fan.
Well Hoyer doesn't have to worry about losing the starting qb gig this year
Originally posted by FlrRge:
There must be something there that kyle likes for us to move up to grab cj beathard.
I'm down with the pick. Gotta trust the new FO.

Originally posted by slowriot:
Eric Galko‏Verified account @OptimumScouting 3m3 minutes agoMore

CJ Beathard set to be Kirk Cousins long-term backup for the #49ers. Shocking that he went above Nathan Peterman.

You dont trade up like that for a backup..if they just stood pat they could get him in or 4th or even 5th
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

Welcome to the team Young JAMES Hetfield
this thread reminds me how the J Lynch one started out...too much hysteria.
Originally posted by GlenCoffeesNuts:

omg

Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster, Thomas and Foster
Originally posted by Overkill:

no sir...that is some mid nineties Metallica hair right there.
A lot of people in here seem to think they know more about what it takes to be an NFL QB than Shanny.

I find that very interesting.

I guess he will get a chance to compete to start.

I mean if you reach for him, and his main (only?) quality over other QBs avaliable is that he played in a Pro Style Offense... then usually teams draft those types of QBs over others, because they have a better chance of being ready to start. And that is a need for that team.

I'm confused as everyone else.

Likes Thor movies too
Cam Inman‏Verified account @CamInman 2m2 minutes agoMore

#49ers QB CJ Beathard: "Now that the 49ers believed in me, I'm going to give it my everything. They won't regret it."
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
You dont trade up like that for a backup..if they just stood pat they could get him in or 4th or even 5th

You don't know where he would've been drafted.

While I really questioned this pick at first the more I look at it the more it makes sense (albeit I would've personally gone Peterman).

Witch exception of arm strength he demonstrates almost all of the traits of a good NFL qb: anticipation, reads, and natural pocket movement. As far as pure pocket movement and anticipation he's arguably the top in the draft. He obviosuly has his limitations but there were 2 years that he was thought of as a potential 1st round pick but struggled some this year with an injury and bad o-line play.

Still questionable but this video really helped explain to me what Kyle must see in him.

Share 49ersWebzone