There are 231 users in the forums

49ers sign TE Logan Paulsen

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We already have a great blocking tight end. What we need is a tight end who actually produces in the passing game.
Hit the bricks Celek
We will have a FB that plays like a te and a te that plays like a FB.

Gotta love how shanny thinks
Love the signing. No player on the roster should feel comfortable. I think when Pete Carrol took over the seahawks he tinkered with the roster for 2 years. Do not show improvement or love for football, you are gone. (see Marcus Martin, Torrey Smith, Colin Kaepernick, etc)
Originally posted by frozen49er:
We will have a FB that plays like a te and a te that plays like a FB.

Gotta love how shanny thinks

LOL...and Vance who can do both. Keep 'em guessing Kyle!
Originally posted by 9erred:
Love the signing. No player on the roster should feel comfortable. I think when Pete Carrol took over the seahawks he tinkered with the roster for 2 years. Do not show improvement or love for football, you are gone. (see Marcus Martin, Torrey Smith, Colin Kaepernick, etc)

Exactly this. When Carroll got there they turned over the roster at a comical rate. Guys in and out of the building every week. Shanahan and Lynch wasting no time making sure they get guys who fit. I like it.
Originally posted by jcs:
Bennett here does that mean Vance is done?

More likely means that the Bell Witch Project is in trouble.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
We already have a great blocking tight end. What we need is a tight end who actually produces in the passing game.

No reason why McDonald can't produce in the passing game along as he has something better than CFL level passers throwing him the football.

Notice that nobody is kicking down Gabbert or Kaepernick's doors to sign them.
  • dj43
Originally posted by thl408:
Blocked for Kyle Shanahan in WAS. Should be well versed in outside zone and give Celek/Bell competition at TE#2.

this

May depend on the price tag. He had a pretty good year in NE after Gronk went down. He may want to break the bank. Don't think Lynch will do that.
Originally posted by dj43:
this

May depend on the price tag. He had a pretty good year in NE after Gronk went down. He may want to break the bank. Don't think Lynch will do that.

I would hope not. This upcoming draft is loaded with explosive TE talent.

• thl408
There are Kyle gameplans that will call for 13 personnel (1rb/3te/1wr) so having three functional TEs is not just an issue of depth to Kyle. He'll use all three.

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/teams-nfl/nfc-south/atlanta-falcons/2016/10/06/atlanta-falcons-effective-13-personnel/
At first blush, 13 offensive personnel might seem more conducive to an effective running game. By adding two additional tight ends, an offense brings into the game two bigger players, likely more adept at blocking. In addition, this creates some advantageous angles for the blockers up front against a variety of defensive fronts.

At the outset, this personnel package has the benefit of making the defense force its hand. Should the defensive coordinator use a nickel package against this group, the offense can take advantage of the bigger and more adept blockers and keep the ball on the ground. But should the defense stay in base, the offensive coordinator can attack through the air using some of these concepts, and hope to exploit a defense focused on stopping the run.
  • cools
  • Veteran
I dont know much about Paulsen, but we needed a specialized blocking tight end
championship
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

No reason why McDonald can't produce in the passing game along as he has something better than CFL level passers throwing him the football.

Notice that nobody is kicking down Gabbert or Kaepernick's doors to sign them.

Stop making excuses for this guy. Vance drops way too many easy passes, passes that would literally hit him in the hands. It doesn't matter who's throwing it to you. If the ball is within your catch radius, you need to catch it. There's plenty of receivers out there making plays with s**tty QBs. It's been a problem of his since coming out of college.

If we were to get a guy like Bennet I'd far rather move on from Vance before I let go of Bell.
Vet, system-knowledgeable, scheme-fit. Yup.
Share 49ersWebzone