LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 325 users in the forums

4th round comp pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TampaBay9er:
This and our 2nd for Jimmy G?

Strong possibility, if they do like Alex trade, it'll cost more though. Browns will be pushing hard for it to though, don't they have two 2nd rounders?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Seattle got two 3rd round picks. Lynch is already f**king up

WTF? What does our GM have to do with how the NFL assigns comp picks?

Silly rabbits, people are signing the seahawk players cause the seahawks have talent to lure away, right now we don't or didn't. That's what happens when you dwell in the cellar. When you are a playoff team, people think you have talented people, remember Dashon and the others when we were on top?

It doesn't, SEA got 2 because they lost Russell Okung and Bruce Irvin, and their salaries(APY) qualified for the 3rd round range, Boone qualified for 4th round range. It goes off of how many true UFAs you bring in, and lose, minimum salary deals usually don't count, unless there isn't enough deals that are big enough, which now is unlikely.
Oh and the K'Wuan Williams, and Earl Mitchell signings don't count against us since they were released or didn't play in 2016.
If they are cut or released they won't factor in next year. Only if they are signed and you couldn't resign them and how much they signed for. If we get Garappolo, he won't count cause it will be in a trade, same with Cousins.
Enjoy them while you can, I cannot any FA from the Niners getting enough of a contract to give us any compensatory picks in 2018. Also the team needs to much in FA they should spend spend spend this year as they know they will not get enough compensatory picks.

My top FA's

Melvin Ingram- cut Brooks, sign Ingram,

Levine Toliolo TE Atlanta or jacob Tamme- get one of this TE's from Atlanta, prefer Levine.
It amazes me how ownership allowed Baalke to draft injured players year after year. The Lattimore pick was most disturbing, after the injury the question was would he ever walk again, but Baalke wasted a 4th rounder. With the Shanahan-Lynch brain trust I think it's safe to say we won't see that happen again.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
It amazes me how ownership allowed Baalke to draft injured players year after year. The Lattimore pick was most disturbing, after the injury the question was would he ever walk again, but Baalke wasted a 4th rounder. With the Shanahan-Lynch brain trust I think it's safe to say we won't see that happen again.

If we keep our top 5 round picks, I'd like to go: DE,WR,CB/FS(depending on Ward moving or not),QB,C,RB&another QB or ILB.

Frank Gore was an injured pick too bro...
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Frank Gore was an injured pick too bro...

I was hoping Lattimore would have developed into a force in the backfield , lightning didn't strike twice this time

Originally posted by AB81Rules:

It doesn't, SEA got 2 because they lost Russell Okung and Bruce Irvin, and their salaries(APY) qualified for the 3rd round range, Boone qualified for 4th round range. It goes off of how many true UFAs you bring in, and lose, minimum salary deals usually don't count, unless there isn't enough deals that are big enough, which now is unlikely.

Thanks for bringing in the facts!

Stop it dont talk bad about that wasted Broke knee Lattimore pick u will anger millions of fans and other who cheered so much for him and tha 49ers for wasting tha pick on broke knee Lattimore
Our 4th round rnd comp pick is basically a 5th rounder do I think we draft a kicker there. Time for new blood there. The one that got the NCAA record for field goals over Dustin Hopkins looks like a good choice. Not sure how high he would go.
Originally posted by davewaymer49:
Our 4th round rnd comp pick is basically a 5th rounder do I think we draft a kicker there. Time for new blood there. The one that got the NCAA record for field goals over Dustin Hopkins looks like a good choice. Not sure how high he would go.

BPA.
I do hope we draft a kicker this year. Doesn't have to be with our comp pick or our 5th, I just want one, because we're not going to make the playoffs this year, so I'd rather save the millions from Dawson, and actually see if we can develop a good kicker on our own for pennies. I know we have tons of cap space, and Dawson will cost around 4 million, but that's 4 million more we could use to front load a new players contract, who'll actually be here for more than a year.
Share 49ersWebzone