There are 135 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Just wanted to mention something about Shanny that perhaps goes a bit unnoticed. When you have a GM and a persona like Lynch, who is a natural emcee and everyones hail fellow well met, it can be easy to not notice how eloquent and intelligent Kyle really is. I find myself learning something every time he talks football. And I also walk away feeling like he is in charge, and will always have the players respect. When you think back to the Baalke / Harbaugh pairing it is almost laughable from the public image viewpoint. Harbs could coach, but his pressers were hard to watch sometimes, and he ALWAYS looked like he would rather be getting a root canal than talking with the media. To see what these two guys have been able to do in just a year is more than any of us could have imagined. At least from my perspective.

It's definitely one of my favorite things. In so many ways, Kyle represents a return to our roots. While I would've loved to win Super Bowls with Harbaugh at the helm, the team we are creating now feels and is more like the 49ers teams that became great.

I definitely agree with Kyle representing a return to our roots, Harbaugh era was cool but they weren't built with the same formula that historically made the niners successful. The current regime of Lynch and Shanahan are both Part of the Walsh tree that doesn't hurt either. Having the WCO back with the 49ers and a franchise quarterback to run it,along with an offensive mastermind to orchestrate it, makes me so grateful especially after everything that's happened since 2002.
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Just wanted to mention something about Shanny that perhaps goes a bit unnoticed. When you have a GM and a persona like Lynch, who is a natural emcee and everyones hail fellow well met, it can be easy to not notice how eloquent and intelligent Kyle really is. I find myself learning something every time he talks football. And I also walk away feeling like he is in charge, and will always have the players respect. When you think back to the Baalke / Harbaugh pairing it is almost laughable from the public image viewpoint. Harbs could coach, but his pressers were hard to watch sometimes, and he ALWAYS looked like he would rather be getting a root canal than talking with the media. To see what these two guys have been able to do in just a year is more than any of us could have imagined. At least from my perspective.

It's definitely one of my favorite things. In so many ways, Kyle represents a return to our roots. While I would've loved to win Super Bowls with Harbaugh at the helm, the team we are creating now feels and is more like the 49ers teams that became great.

I definitely agree with Kyle representing a return to our roots, Harbaugh era was cool but they weren't built with the same formula that historically made the niners successful. The current regime of Lynch and Shanahan are both Part of the Walsh tree that doesn't hurt either. Having the WCO back with the 49ers and a franchise quarterback to run it,along with an offensive mastermind to orchestrate it, makes me so grateful especially after everything that's happened since 2002.

Spot on.
Shanalynch 'Brick by Brick' —turns out— it's a f**king jailhouse for Reuben
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Lol

Roquan Smith this year and maybe we draft a linebacker late that may be high on instincts, but not as great an athlete. We. need. insurance.
  • Antix
  • Veteran

Roquan Smith this year and maybe we draft a linebacker late that may be high on instincts, but not as great an athlete. We. need. insurance.

At least this happened in February and not July.

We can overcome this but it sucks because it adds another need.
Originally posted by Antix:

tru
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Antix:

tru

It's really the only silver lining. Unlike Chris Borland who screwed the team over by leaving after those two periods.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915943/article/polling-2018-draft-prospects-which-nfl-coach-do-you-prefer
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:

Exactly!

THIS is their first real issue where all eyes are upon them.

IMO, it will tell the NFL - the new 49'er Identity.

We'll see.
Kyle needs an alpha male to coach the defense.....a defensive mastermind. Saleh is an improvement over O'neal but he's not good enough. However, I do want to see Saleh with a healthy roster and a proven pass rusher. But I am not optimistic about Saleh at all.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

THIS is their first real issue where all eyes are upon them.

IMO, it will tell the NFL - the new 49'er Identity.

We'll see.

I'm hoping ShanaLynch comes through it and learns his lessons the way Bill Walsh did with Hollywood Henderson.

Henderson talked about how he met San Francisco 49er Head Coach Bill Walsh drunk and high. "Coach Walsh wasn't amused with me, but he didn't tell the
[Houston] Oilers that I was an addict, so the Oilers signed me." Henderson had lost it all due to drinking and taking "cigar box full of something and everything."
Seven months after becoming sober, Henderson went to jail.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=gQeEWpvOOKvOjwS5ypvwBA&q=bill+walsh+hollywood+henderson&oq=bill+walsh+hollywood+henderson&gs_l=psy-ab.3...2910.7427.0.7625.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.sLfrtstlRbk
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Kyle needs an alpha male to coach the defense.....a defensive mastermind. Saleh is an improvement over O'neal but he's not good enough. However, I do want to see Saleh with a healthy roster and a proven pass rusher. But I am not optimistic about Saleh at all.

Well the league is going alot younger with a bunch of these coaches. Saleh will do fine with more talent to work with next year.

Lol
Share 49ersWebzone