Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 613 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

  • Cosmo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,441
Originally posted by genus49:
It's funny I went back to watch some games I didn't get to see cuz I had family stuff during the early games Sunday.

How the hell did the Eagles blow that game??? You have first and goal under 10 minutes left up by 10. 3rd down at the 2 yard line and you manage to lose that game lol.

People love to give Kyle for not being aggressive enough but I'm 100% certain Shanahan doesn't blow that game. At the same time what does it say about the Rams that they needed that type of comeback against an Eagles team missing some big time players for them - Lane Johnson, DeVonta Smith, , Landon Dickerson, Zack Baun, Goedert, Barkely injured super early. Bigsby injured later.

Big yikes.

Boy what I would do to get a healthy 49ers team on the field...Seattle is the only team that worries me in the NFC. If we're healthy the only team I'll fear is the refs.

The Chefs are very concerning to me. Hopefully we play them with a healthy unit and really get to gauge how good both teams really are...
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by genus49:
It's funny I went back to watch some games I didn't get to see cuz I had family stuff during the early games Sunday.

How the hell did the Eagles blow that game??? You have first and goal under 10 minutes left up by 10. 3rd down at the 2 yard line and you manage to lose that game lol.

People love to give Kyle for not being aggressive enough but I'm 100% certain Shanahan doesn't blow that game. At the same time what does it say about the Rams that they needed that type of comeback against an Eagles team missing some big time players for them - Lane Johnson, DeVonta Smith, , Landon Dickerson, Zack Baun, Goedert, Barkely injured super early. Bigsby injured later.

Big yikes.

Boy what I would do to get a healthy 49ers team on the field...Seattle is the only team that worries me in the NFC. If we're healthy the only team I'll fear is the refs.

The Chefs are very concerning to me. Hopefully we play them with a healthy unit and really get to gauge how good both teams really are...

Yup. Especially since they have a run game now, that's the only team I fear if we have to see them in the SB.
Haven't said it in a minute. I love my coach
  • Sickaa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,828
Originally posted by Cosmo:
The Chefs are very concerning to me. Hopefully we play them with a healthy unit and really get to gauge how good both teams really are...

It's a real possibility we'll be seeing them twice this season, too.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
The Chefs are very concerning to me. Hopefully we play them with a healthy unit and really get to gauge how good both teams really are...

It's a real possibility we'll be seeing them twice this season, too.

Don't worry about them. Reids making a classic kyle mistake. Walkers fragile. There running him into the ground. He will be out by game 12 and they will be back to scoring 23 points a game.

This feels like the year. Shanahans been markedly better this year than past.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
The Chefs are very concerning to me. Hopefully we play them with a healthy unit and really get to gauge how good both teams really are...

It's a real possibility we'll be seeing them twice this season, too.

Don't worry about them. Reids making a classic kyle mistake. Walkers fragile. There running him into the ground. He will be out by game 12 and they will be back to scoring 23 points a game.

This feels like the year. Shanahans been markedly better this year than past.

They have the refs and NFL already in their pocket.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
The Chefs are very concerning to me. Hopefully we play them with a healthy unit and really get to gauge how good both teams really are...

It's a real possibility we'll be seeing them twice this season, too.

Don't worry about them. Reids making a classic kyle mistake. Walkers fragile. There running him into the ground. He will be out by game 12 and they will be back to scoring 23 points a game.

This feels like the year. Shanahans been markedly better this year than past.

I don't know man… I've felt this way about 8 times in the last 15 years, already.

I'm just gonna watch and see what happens, but not expect anything. Much better for my mental health.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,568
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
4-0 with another patchwork team and Moon is still in here complaining

It's crazy how good this team has looked through the first 4 games of the season despite some key injuries yet again

Agree with both of you. The drafting since Adam Peters left - at least the first round picks - have been a bit more productive. I love the trade down they did in 2026. I love how they found great UDFA RAS athletes and developed them to be starter level players.

Brendal, Valdez, Tonges, and going all the way back to Matt Brieda - they've found gems in UDFA. The Superbowl window will never close if they continue to do that.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
The Chefs are very concerning to me. Hopefully we play them with a healthy unit and really get to gauge how good both teams really are...

It's a real possibility we'll be seeing them twice this season, too.

Don't worry about them. Reids making a classic kyle mistake. Walkers fragile. There running him into the ground. He will be out by game 12 and they will be back to scoring 23 points a game.

This feels like the year. Shanahans been markedly better this year than past.

Walker has only missed 5 games in his 4+ seasons. One in 2022 and 2 each in 2023 and 2024. All were minor strains. He's gained over 1K yards twice and 900 one other time. Not bad for someone you say is fragile.

Three layers open is crazy.... I hope theres more of this come Sunday at Seattle.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Where is SF 2019?
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone