49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 660 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Because you look at offensive success and failure as only being on Kyle. It's more nuanced than that.

Purdy was also off in first half. Credit to Denver for playing well.

No I don't, that's ridiculous and I am well aware Purdy had some off moments. Shanny makes bonehead decisions sometimes. And no, I don't expect him to be perfect but like sometimes it is like he lost his brain on a Wal-Mart shelf and can't find it.
While you're busy looking at the shelf to see what's lost, Kittle is behind you running 56 yards for a TD
Originally posted by Montana:
No I don't, that's ridiculous and I am well aware Purdy had some off moments. Shanny makes bonehead decisions sometimes. And no, I don't expect him to be perfect but like sometimes it is like he lost his brain on a Wal-Mart shelf and can't find it.

See that's the thing though. You'd never say that about Purdy.

i think they both make each others life more difficult than need be sometimes. Kyle was keeping it close to the vest and Purdy wasn't on in the first half.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 5, 2026 at 3:14 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 37,293
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Montana:
No I don't, that's ridiculous and I am well aware Purdy had some off moments. Shanny makes bonehead decisions sometimes. And no, I don't expect him to be perfect but like sometimes it is like he lost his brain on a Wal-Mart shelf and can't find it.

See that's the thing though. You'd never say that about Purdy.

i think they both make each others life more difficult than need be sometimes. Kyle was keeping it close to the vest and Purdy wasn't on in the first half.

Purdy didn't look off to me in first half.
KS had a stupid game plan and Cowing cant run routes.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Montana:
No I don't, that's ridiculous and I am well aware Purdy had some off moments. Shanny makes bonehead decisions sometimes. And no, I don't expect him to be perfect but like sometimes it is like he lost his brain on a Wal-Mart shelf and can't find it.

See that's the thing though. You'd never say that about Purdy.

i think they both make each others life more difficult than need be sometimes. Kyle was keeping it close to the vest and Purdy wasn't on in the first half.

Purdy didn't look off to me in first half.
KS had a stupid game plan and Cowing cant run routes.

Only thing that looked off was that Evans throw in the endzone. Not sure exactly what happened there.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Montana:
No I don't, that's ridiculous and I am well aware Purdy had some off moments. Shanny makes bonehead decisions sometimes. And no, I don't expect him to be perfect but like sometimes it is like he lost his brain on a Wal-Mart shelf and can't find it.

See that's the thing though. You'd never say that about Purdy.

i think they both make each others life more difficult than need be sometimes. Kyle was keeping it close to the vest and Purdy wasn't on in the first half.

Purdy didn't look off to me in first half.
KS had a stupid game plan and Cowing cant run routes.

What should the game plan have been? Injure Surtain earlier? We went into the game against a top defense not knowing if we'd even have any viable WRs available. Luckily, Evans played but they couldn't depend on him and put together the game plan with the belief that he might not be able to play.
Originally posted by GunsUp240G:
Only thing that looked off was that Evans throw in the endzone. Not sure exactly what happened there.

Wasn't a great throw, but putting it low and away from the outside defender that was lurking there seemed like a good idea (at least from the broadcast angle). Just kind of turfed it. There's worse possible misses for sure… don't want that thing up high and off target.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
See that's the thing though. You'd never say that about Purdy.

i think they both make each others life more difficult than need be sometimes. Kyle was keeping it close to the vest and Purdy wasn't on in the first half.

Lol but using the whole Purdy homer thing just isn't effective. Yes, I have glowed on him for years, he hasn't been perfect. And makes some throws where I am like, what was going on there? But it clearly seems to bug some ppl that I am a sold out homer lol.

Purdy is also newer to the NFL as opposed to Shanny, he grew up in the NFL. So, yeah, I do expect him to be very seasoned as a coach and he is, I just can't understand sometimes why he does things he does. I have had lots more frustration with Shanny over the years than Purdy. If that doesn't jive with some, Idrgaf
Originally posted by GunsUp240G:
Only thing that looked off was that Evans throw in the endzone. Not sure exactly what happened there.

There was a point in the game where Evans was yelling on the sideline, idk what that was about.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone