LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 234 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Blurb on Shanny from NFL State of the Franchise article:

• Shanahan is one of my favorite coaches in the league. Is it the hoodie and trucker cap? Maybe. But the dude can coach, and I've felt that way since he started as an offensive coordinator years ago. Shanahan led his team to a second consecutive NFC Championship Game appearance despite having to start three quarterbacks during the 2022 season. The 49ers finished 10-0 after their 3-4 start to the year. One thing you might want to keep in mind with Shanahan this season regarding the quarterback position: Since arriving in San Francisco in 2017, Shanahan is 43-17 with Purdy and Garoppolo as his starting quarterback. He's 9-29 with the others, including Lance.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
But I thought whiffing on Watson and Mahomes was a fireable offense? Now you advocate giving him another year. Make up your mind, man

Oh its a huge gaff on his part, but the powers that be wont get rid of him..MY mind has been made up
[ Edited by dmax on Jun 8, 2023 at 10:05 AM ]
  • dmax
  • Veteran

• Shanahan is one of my favorite coaches in the league. Is it the hoodie and trucker cap? Maybe. But the dude can coach, and I've felt that way since he started as an offensive coordinator years ago. Shanahan led his team to a second consecutive NFC Championship Game appearance despite having to start three quarterbacks during the 2022 season. The 49ers finished 10-0 after their 3-4 start to the year. One thing you might want to keep in mind with Shanahan this season regarding the quarterback position: Since arriving in San Francisco in 2017, Shanahan is 43-17 with Purdy and Garoppolo as his starting quarterback. He's 9-29 with the others, including Lance.

yeah yeah big deal about the regular season wins....the only thing that matters is the championship
HE CANT GET THE JOB DONE
Originally posted by dmax:

yeah yeah big deal about the regular season wins....the only thing that matters is the championship
HE CANT GET THE JOB DONE

So we should hire Andy Reid that's the only answer you deem acceptable? Have you gotten your desperate need of attention filled up?

Imagine if he wasn't gifted Jimmy and Brock.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 8, 2023 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by dmax:

HE CANT GET THE JOB DONE

So we should hire Andy Reid that's the only answer you deem acceptable? Have you gotten your desperate need of attention filled up?
Andy is not enough.. you need his QB also
Originally posted by NCommand:

yeah.. we would be 4x Champs with Kirk
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

yeah.. we would be 4x Champs with Kirk

Haha. Nice.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Brian Billick is back to coaching. He did win a SB with Trent Dilfer at QB. Legend.
It's crazy that Madden Simulation has the Niners going 16-1 and to the Super Bowl but losing to the Chiefs.

I mean, if the Niners could go 16-1 and make it to the Bowl with any of the QBs we have, I can't see us losing to KC again.

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
It's crazy that Madden Simulation has the Niners going 16-1 and to the Super Bowl but losing to the Chiefs.

I mean, if the Niners could go 16-1 and make it to the Bowl with any of the QBs we have, I can't see us losing to KC again.

Will depend on how high a level the starting qb at that time is playing. That will be the x factor. Other 52 vs 52 the 9ers are superior

ol Madden getting a head start on PYMWYMI
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Will depend on how high a level the starting qb at that time is playing. That will be the x factor. Other 52 vs 52 the 9ers are superior

Yup. He isn't going to have the #1 OL this year and we saw what happened to him last time in that scenario. If Lynch gets his ER opposite Bosa, we can turn his ass back into a backyard hero ball QB. That a win every time!
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Yup. He isn't going to have the #1 OL this year and we saw what happened to him last time in that scenario. If Lynch gets his ER opposite Bosa, we can turn his ass back into a backyard hero ball QB. That a win every time!

Side note Madden being the s**t company it is added Mahomes flying throw to the game and it's probably just gonna be this super common play like when they added the OBJ catch. Which is why people shouldn't buy Madden.

Actually we saw what happened when he had an OL outside the top 10 in 2019. Still won.

I'm talking about the 9ers QB not Mahomes.
Share 49ersWebzone