LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 177 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• TyCore
  • Veteran
Everything about that game makes me worry for this team.

We've been bent to the point of breaking and we aren't bending back.

Saturday is going to tell us a lot about what we have left, and I can't say I'm optimistic.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Like I said, morons, anyone who knows anything about football can see that he was trying to protect our banged up defense by playing ball control, and having really long drives.

Even when our D was good it was vulnerable to getting gassed.

I truly believe we would have gone on 4th down if Gould makes that XP, in that situation you really have to kick the FG as they would have only had to go about 30 yards for a game winner.

Honestly I think we have the worst fans in football, anyone coming to this forum in a vacuum would think we were a 6 win team.

Dude it's insane, the twitter world is so obnoxious as well.

Have of them are saying kyle is too confident when he has a lead and the other half is saying he should have went for it on 4th and 1 smh.

Like that was the only reason we lost lol. Maybe if Gould makes that XP, warner catches that INT, our OL pass blocks better, we don't get some BS PI on Julio etc the game is different. Some fans refuse to understand that football is a team sport and there's constantly things that can change the swing of a game. These guys are all NFL players with NFL coaching staffs.

Hats off to ATL and switching up their defensive scheme for once (happened to be this week). End of the day the last two games were gonna determine playoff seeding.

Good posts gents.
[ Edited by evil on Dec 16, 2019 at 8:55 AM ]
Originally posted by evil:
Like I said, morons, anyone who knows anything about football can see that he was trying to protect our banged up defense by playing ball control, and having really long drives.

I truly believe we would have gone on 4th down if Gould makes that XP, in that situation you really have to kick the FG as they would have only had to go about 30 yards for a game winner.

Honestly I think we have the worst fans in football, anyone coming to this forum in a vacuum would think we were a 6 win team.

Have of them are saying kyle is too confident when he has a lead and the other half is saying he should have went for it on 4th and 1 smh.

Like that was the only reason we lost lol. Maybe if Gould makes that XP, warner catches that INT, our OL pass blocks better, we don't get some BS PI on Julio etc the game is different. Some fans refuse to understand that football is a team sport and there's constantly things that can change the swing of a game. These guys are all NFL players with NFL coaching staffs.

Hats off to ATL and switching up their defensive scheme for once (happened to be this week). End of the day the last two games were gonna determine playoff seeding.

Good posts gents.

Agreed, some great points in both posts.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
kyle is not a sacred cow.. after a horrible loss like yesterday to a team we had no bees wax losing to...... once we get the injuries and credit to the falcon stuff out of the way,,,, it is perfectly fine to question he and the dc for play calling. when you lose a game like that at this time of the year everyone shares the blame. you give kyle and rightfully so credit for his play calling last week.. well. you then have to question some of the things he did yesterday along with the dc. now we will see how the team wants to finish it out and then take our chances with whatever comes our way in the playoffs
Sucks we lost to 3 bird teams lol
  • Jiks
Originally posted by cciowa:
kyle is not a sacred cow.. after a horrible loss like yesterday to a team we had no bees wax losing to...... once we get the injuries and credit to the falcon stuff out of the way,,,, it is perfectly fine to question he and the dc for play calling. when you lose a game like that at this time of the year everyone shares the blame. you give kyle and rightfully so credit for his play calling last week.. well. you then have to question some of the things he did yesterday along with the dc. now we will see how the team wants to finish it out and then take our chances with whatever comes our way in the playoffs

First time I've agreed with cc in a loooooong time. You have these dudes a few post up making every excuse in the book but really every single one of those excuses falls on coaching. Shanny didn't have his team prepared and his gameplan kept Atlanta in the game. Does that mean he sucks? No but if you're being honest with yourself he didn't get it done. Players didn't either.
[ Edited by Jiks on Dec 16, 2019 at 11:53 AM ]
It was one of those games. Had chances to close it out, but didn't. Very much like the Seattle game
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
All i know is if deboo is still wearing his gloves unstrapped then I've lost faith in shanny.
Originally posted by susweel:
All i know is if deboo is still wearing his gloves unstrapped then I've lost faith in shanny.

You have faith in Shanny...lol
Originally posted by evil:

Good posts gents.

DITTO X 100000000000000000000

Originally posted by BayToBrazil:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Anyone who puts this loss on Kyle is a moron.

Kyle didn't fumble the ball in FG range, Kyle didn't shank an extra point and Kyle didn't drop the ball with no one around him.

The play calling today was horrendous.

... and speaking of play calling..

CAN ANYONE help me understand why we HARDLY call a DEEP PASSING PLAY????
Oh he does, we just can't protect Jimmy long enough to let it develop.

Agreed. We couldn't pass block. Jimmy was running for his life.

TRUTH!

Kyle didn't fumble the ball in FG range, Kyle didn't shank an extra point and Kyle didn't drop the ball with no one around him.

Solid post and

IMO, the whiners who see that the season is over and KS/JL suck are not long-term fans who stood by the team after totally garbage HC's and terrible records.

The Niner Faithful are just that - Faithful!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by susweel:

You have faith in Shanny...lol

Im starting to gain some.

I think this about as accurate of a statement that sums up our entire offe we yesterday.
https://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/2242-earth-kyle-not-all-running-backs-same/

Comment invited and welcome...
Share 49ersWebzone