LISTEN: 49ers Schedule Release Special →

There are 99 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Dshearn:
I really like what we are seeing from Shanny 2.0 ......

The intellect is there...

When you loose your starting RB and starting QB....the fact they can get these long drives is a really good sign.

Its no mystery the offense imploded with a young QB stuck in 2nd and 3rd and forever with the penalties and obvious passing downs.

The team needs talent, plain and simple.

There is a bright future for sure.

Agreed
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

When you loose your starting RB and starting QB....the fact they can get these long drives is a really good sign.

Its no mystery the offense imploded with a young QB stuck in 2nd and 3rd and forever with the penalties and obvious passing downs.

Agreed

Future so bright, we gotta wear shades
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

We've put up points against good teams with a patchwork offense, we just can't stop anyone with our patchwork defense...
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by susweel:
Donte Whitner said, "It's officially time to evaluate everyone on the football team." That would include Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch.

Whitner also said Solomon Thomas should stand up and play 3-4 WILL!

It would be a huge mistake to fire Kyle, seasons without your franchise QB just don't count.

There is a huge differnce between saying Shanahan needs to be held accountable and he should be fired. Shanahan has been given a pass the entire time he has been on our coach.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Shanahan is not getting fired. Shanny will see the end of his current deal, and most likely a lot longer.

lol

Question- assuming you want Kyle and John gone - who do you replace them with?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
The challenge wasn't great, but as for the rest of the game, what do you expect with a 3rd string QB with no WR's?

Anyone who didn't have a certain narrative would get it.

Get what? That Shanny can't even beat bottom tier teams without Belichek groomed jimmy G?

Nick Mullens is only starting because shanny's qb selection last year is Beathard and is not even serviceable.

This game isn't even competitive, but jimmy magically makes us win?

I'm Not buying the narrative that with jimmy we are a playoff team or even a .500 team really.

Me either I'm not buying that shannylynch can build and field a winning football team. To me he's no better than chip, or tomsula. The record says he's not.

Its been two years and we're still lacking talent at almost every position.

The depth is atrocious. We'll soon lose a valuable left tackle to retirement and will be even more screwed.
Kyle and Lynch get one more year, if the team doesn't improve then they can go
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Donte Whitner said, "It's officially time to evaluate everyone on the football team." That would include Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch.

It would be a huge mistake to fire Kyle, seasons without your franchise QB just don't count.

There is a huge differnce between saying Shanahan needs to be held accountable and he should be fired. Shanahan has been given a pass the entire time he has been on our coach.

Oh I agree, everyone is accountable, but it's pretty pointless judging too harshly.

Last year we were 1-10 before our acquired QB made us look respectable, we now suck again without him, shock?

We need more talent and better coaching, but it all looked pretty good with #10
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

But what exactly does that mean? Personally, I'd like for KS to be a little more heavy handed with underperforming players, but at the same time, when you have injuries the way this team has, it's kind hard to demote or cut guys that haven't done well.

Should Lynch tell him, "hey, you're making my first draft pick look like a bust. Play him inside 20 snaps a game!" Just wondering what exactly does it mean to hold KS accountable.
Originally posted by LVJay:
We've put up points against good teams with a patchwork offense, we just can't stop anyone with our patchwork defense...

the defense does look really bad.... but this is not a good team.

I have faith tho

The challenge wasn't great, but as for the rest of the game, what do you expect with a 3rd string QB with no WR's?

Anyone who didn't have a certain narrative would get it.

Get what? That Shanny can't even beat bottom tier teams without Belichek groomed jimmy G?

Nick Mullens is only starting because shanny's qb selection last year is Beathard and is not even serviceable.

This game isn't even competitive, but jimmy magically makes us win?

I'm Not buying the narrative that with jimmy we are a playoff team or even a .500 team really.

Me either I'm not buying that shannylynch can build and field a winning football team. To me he's no better than chip, or tomsula. The record says he's not.

Its been two years and we're still lacking talent at almost every position.

The depth is atrocious. We'll soon lose a valuable left tackle to retirement and will be even more screwed.

We do need to make an addition at tackle. Gilliam was a former starter in Seattle so he might be serviceable at right tackle, but we definitely need to look at potential replacements.
Shanny is the new Hue Jackson of the league. Bring back Tomsula
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Koldo:
Time for Shany to be held accountable. He's, after all, the captain of this ship.

Lol ship is made of duck tape...open your eyes

Take off those rose-colored glasses and see the reality, NY.

Is Shanahan one of the top offensive minds in the league? Yes, absolutely.

Does he have the qualities that make a good coach? No, he doesn't. I just don't see them.
I think the miscalculation with shanahan was as a talent evaluator. The guy is a tremendous play caller and offensive mind when he had good groceries. No one new if he could shop for his own groceries. So far he's very average at picking and building a team.
Originally posted by swaccmac1:
I think the miscalculation with shanahan was as a talent evaluator. The guy is a tremendous play caller and offensive mind when he had good groceries. No one new if he could shop for his own groceries. So far he's very average at picking and building a team.

Can't argue this.
Share 49ersWebzone