LISTEN: 49ers Master The Later Rounds Of The Draft →

There are 130 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by rathman4481:
I still don't think Mahomes is all that. Just my opinion

These days most qbs are coming into the league and playing well, the NFL is becoming big 12 football. Give most qbs weapons that KC has and they'll put up crazy numbers too
Originally posted by Follower:
Jed and crew didn't have the ability to identify and hire a coach like Sean.McVay.... an absolutely historical miss that is impossible to hide from.

Kudos on whining to the press Democrat and getting the comment section regulated lol. ...or was that your old man?
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Nov 22, 2018 at 1:21 AM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Follower:
Jed and crew didn't have the ability to identify and hire a coach like Sean.McVay.... an absolutely historical miss that is impossible to hide from.

Kudos on whining to the press Democrat and getting the comment section regulated lol. ...or was that your old man?

Is that because you think McVay would agree that you've got just as good an offensive mind as him and tell you that your questions are great?

Rather than Kyle who slaps you down and makes you sound like an 8 year old reading out of a Madden playbook from the 90's?
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Nov 22, 2018 at 2:42 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
You would have called Mahomes a bust while he sat the bench all last yr learning this scheme. I'm sure Mahomes would have rocked out throwing the ball to Garcon and Bourne lol

Seriously, there is no argument he would be a lot worse on the Niners. A lot worse probably making throws here and there but most likely a lot more interceptions and Incomplete balls. I don't know how people can argue this. The kid has talent but I am so much happier we have Jimmy Garoppolo because he does not need talent to look good as we have seen.
If Shanny can't make Mahomes look good I'd argue that's a Shanny problem. If he'd be trash here then maybe your offensive wizard isn't all he's cracked up to be because Reid has him looking like a God. McVay turned Goff from worse rookie ever to leading the #1 offense in 1 season.

No one should be faulting Shanny for grabbing Jimmy over the rooks but clearly there was a great option b. Actually a few of them because those 3 rooks combined we passed on have the same amount of losses we do.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 22, 2018 at 6:19 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tjd808185:
If Shanny can't make Mahomes look good I'd argue that's a Shanny problem. If he'd be trash here then maybe your offensive wizard isn't all he's cracked up to be because Reid has him looking like a God. McVay turned Goff from worse rookie ever to leading the #1 offense in 1 season.

No one should be faulting Shanny for grabbing Jimmy over the rooks but clearly there was a great option b. Actually a few of them because those 3 rooks combined we passed on have the same amount of losses we do.

I just don't think Shanahan wanted to be committed to a 1st round rookie QB with him being a rookie head coach. Beathard could be benched at any time with little commitment in the future. Benching a 1st round pick would damage the confidence in your supposed franchise QB. Again, can't fault Shanahan for hoping for Kirk Cousins, which IMO looks to be the reason on passing on all the QB's in the 1st round.

But if we're just talking making QB's look good, well look at Shanahan's track record. RG3 went to the Pro Bowl as a rookie, Matt Schaub was a 4,000 yard passer and went to the Pro Bowl, made Matt Ryan an MVP candidate and first team All-Pro. And now, Jimmy G., has him looking good so far that he earned a $137 mil contract. I'm sure he could've made Mahomes look good, but the question was did he want to, we all know the answer to that one.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I just don't think Shanahan wanted to be committed to a 1st round rookie QB with him being a rookie head coach. Beathard could be benched at any time with little commitment in the future. Benching a 1st round pick would damage the confidence in your supposed franchise QB. Again, can't fault Shanahan for hoping for Kirk Cousins, which IMO looks to be the reason on passing on all the QB's in the 1st round.

But if we're just talking making QB's look good, well look at Shanahan's track record. RG3 went to the Pro Bowl as a rookie, Matt Schaub was a 4,000 yard passer and went to the Pro Bowl, made Matt Ryan an MVP candidate and first team All-Pro. And now, Jimmy G., has him looking good so far that he earned a $137 mil contract. I'm sure he could've made Mahomes look good, but the question was did he want to, we all know the answer to that one.

Very fair response but I was looking at a bunch of responses about how bad he'd bad. That would be on Shanny. Nowadays the qb can be off and running in 2 years.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 22, 2018 at 8:50 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Very fair response but I was looking at a bunch of responses about how bad he'd bad. That would be on Shanny. Nowadays the qb can be off and running in 2 years.

I think Mahomes would have been good with Kyle, I don't think he would have the talent around him like in KC and wouldn't be throwing for 30+ TDs over 10 weeks
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 22, 2018 at 5:51 PM ]
Mahomes is a special talent and elevates everyone around him. Coming out of the huddle and directing the offense before the snap is something a seasoned vet does. He would make any Coach look good.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Time for Shany to be held accountable. He's, after all, the captain of this ship.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lol 2 weeks to prepare
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
I am ride or due within shanny

Lynch is here to plug his radio show
Originally posted by Crown:
I am ride or due within shanny

Lynch is here to plug his radio show

if this were a relationship and we had to pick a side if they break up, i think most of us definitely would pick shanny.
Originally posted by Crown:
I am ride or die within shanny

Me to.
what shanny is doing with his third string QB is pretty awesome....
Share 49ersWebzone