LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 360 users in the forums

QB Candidates Thread: The Search for the QBoTF

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Trubisky at 2 would be way to high.
Cousins would be nice, yet I presume the skins will franchise him, it's simply the Snyder way of doing.
Garoppolo is in my eyes still unproven.
He could become the next Brock Osweiler/Matt Cassel overpayed, and remowed from the system he suddenly is very average.

Cutler could be a solid stop gap. He did look good in Shanahan's system in Denver, and Kyle could do good with him until the Rookie either in this or next year's draft is ready.

Tyrod Taylor, if released, would be interesting, yet it seems ro me that he's not the pure thrower Kyle likes.

Cutler and Taylor are the worst ideas I've heard, besides they are no long term solutions anyway.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Cousins would be nice, yet I presume the skins will franchise him, it's simply the Snyder way of doing.
He could become the next Brock Osweiler/Matt Cassel overpayed, and remowed from the system he suddenly is very average.

Cutler could be a solid stop gap. He did look good in Shanahan's system in Denver, and Kyle could do good with him until the Rookie either in this or next year's draft is ready.

Tyrod Taylor, if released, would be interesting, yet it seems ro me that he's not the pure thrower Kyle likes.

Cutler and Taylor are the worst ideas I've heard, besides they are no long term solutions anyway.

While I think Mitch is the best qb in the draft I wouldn't hate if cutler came in and we drafted Peterman to develop...we could go after a top end qb in 2018 or just sign Kirk when he's a FA next yr.

I'm down with whatever Kyle wants...I'll add cutler coming in would have to depend on cash/yrs and Taylor isn't a fit for Kyle he's not coming here.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

While I think Mitch is the best qb in the draft I wouldn't hate if cutler came in and we drafted Peterman to develop...we could go after a top end qb in 2018 or just sign Kirk when he's a FA next yr.

I'm down with whatever Kyle wants...I'll add cutler coming in would have to depend on cash/yrs and Taylor isn't a fit for Kyle he's not coming here.

No, no, no, no.

I don't like any of those options:

1) Cutler sucks.
2) Peterman, watched the tapes, not impressed at all.
3) 2018 draft? You want to trade the farm away to go up to get a top QB? Waste of draft picks, bad idea.
4) Kirk Cousins, not an ideal franchise QB, he will kill all hopes for you in big moments and big games.

So, NO to all of the above.

For me is simple, if Kyle wants Garoppolo and loses out to the Browns then we will have to resolve the QB situation in the draft and I don't even mind taking 2 QBs as someone has suggested. But, just not Peterman.
I'd be on board with any quarterback KS wants.. I really do not like Brad Kyaa but if he goes MT, Watson, Kizer, Mahomes, Peterman, Chad Kelly, Garoppolo, Cousins, Hoyer, Tyrod, or Cutler I'd believe in KS to make them the best they could be. IN KYLE I TRUST
Cousins eh? Type of guy that shoves officials at a charity game

http://deadspin.com/kirk-cousins-shoves-volunteer-official-at-charity-flag-1792008254

You guys can keep clamouring for him. I want no parts of him.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Cmflatt32:
I'm with this guy!!!
Rather then sell the farm for Garopolo I would trade a 2nd or 3rd for McCarron who I think would be as good or close to as good as Jimmy G. in shannys system. And would still leave us most of our draft picks to restock the roster.

Stopped reading at trading a 2nd for McCarron.

Couldn't we have McCarron for a couple of dollars and two biscuits with honey / butter spread on it

This QB is cheaper than that...LOL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/03/johnny-manziel-to-volunteer-for-drug-testing-as-he-hopes-for-comeback/
There are so many ways this could go. Qb free agents wouldn't mind Brian Hoyer as a stop gap to teach others the offense, Landry Jones seems to have a poise and has good experience stepping in for Ben and learning behind him. As far as drafting would not reach for any of the top guys. I liked Chad Kelly before he got hurt. Seems to make every throw and has the starting experience, his attitude seems to be the knock on him, but I think Kyle can help with that. Anyone he decides to draft will be good for me because I'm pretty sure he has studied him. If not bring Kap back and see what he can do with shanahan. Was very anxious to see that before all the reports while we draft and train a guy. Doesnt matter Kyle will know what to do. I just want to win again

No, no, no, no.

I don't like any of those options:

1) Cutler sucks.
2) Peterman, watched the tapes, not impressed at all.
3) 2018 draft? You want to trade the farm away to go up to get a top QB? Waste of draft picks, bad idea.
4) Kirk Cousins, not an ideal franchise QB, he will kill all hopes for you in big moments and big games.

So, NO to all of the above.

For me is simple, if Kyle wants Garoppolo and loses out to the Browns then we will have to resolve the QB situation in the draft and I don't even mind taking 2 QBs as someone has suggested. But, just not Peterman.

Hey I'm cool with whatever Kyle wants...Peterman's skill set IMO is perfect for Kyle. he has great footwork, good zip on the ball, is accurate etc.

I think Kirk is a baller love how he plays with a chip on his shoulder. You don't throw for 4,000+ yards two yrs in a row based on luck. Football is a team game and yeah he hasn't won big playoff games yet, but when your rocking the 28th ranked defense and no runnihg game that's a issue. Brees didn't win his first playoff game until his 6 yr in the league

I will add I'm not trading a bunch of picks for him, simiply just wait for him to be a FA next yr. FYI I'd be cool with Mitch as well

There are a ton of options and I thru out a couple that I'd be fine with...this team isn't gonna be good in a yr and I don't see how we wouldn't be a in spot to draft a qb high next yr if that's he route they go.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 5, 2017 at 7:36 AM ]
Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter
Falcons QB Matt Schaub could follow Atlanta OC Kyle Shanahan to SF, per sources. Schaub could be starter, backup or bridge to future SF QB
Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) tweeted at 10:26 AM on Sun, Feb 05, 2017:
Falcons QB Matt Schaub could follow Atlanta OC Kyle Shanahan to SF, per sources. Schaub could be starter, backup... https://t.co/PUYBYoFEIo

Originally posted by Niner_Faithful_MTL:
Falcons QB Matt Schaub could follow Atlanta OC Kyle Shanahan to SF, per sources. Schaub could be starter, backup... https://t.co/PUYBYoFEIo

Totally fine with that. We need to add a minimum of 3 QB's.
Originally posted by Niner_Faithful_MTL:

Cool need some vets up in here
Per Ian Rapoport

#49ers starting QB could be in the building today. If Kyle Shanahan doesn't get Kirk Cousins, his targets: Jimmy Garoppolo, then Matt Schaub
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Per Ian Rapoport

#49ers starting QB could be in the building today. If Kyle Shanahan doesn't get Kirk Cousins, his targets: Jimmy Garoppolo, then Matt Schaub

Matt Schaub, camp fodder.

Umm can they try to trade for Cousins or Garappolo first before going that route?
Never mind
[ Edited by 49erphan on Feb 5, 2017 at 8:04 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone