There are 218 users in the forums

QB Candidates Thread: The Search for the QBoTF

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Cmflatt32:
I'm with this guy!!!
Rather then sell the farm for Garopolo I would trade a 2nd or 3rd for McCarron who I think would be as good or close to as good as Jimmy G. in shannys system. And would still leave us most of our draft picks to restock the roster.

Stopped reading at trading a 2nd for McCarron.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 4, 2017 at 7:16 PM ]
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Make a strong push for Jimmy G, and draft a guy that can develop into something later.

Wonder if the rumors are true that Cleveland and Chicago are now pushing for him? This will without a doubt push his price up which is what I've said from Day 1.

Strong push means you'd give up a lot in draft capital that could be used for the rest of the team. How high would you go in this bidding war?

I don't do the GM thing trying to determine who's too expensive. If he's Lynch and Shanny'a guy, they have to figure out a way to get the best deal possible.

I think Kyle can get Cousins for sure or probably Garoppolo too for free next year, which is the best deal possible. All he has to do is get word to them in the off season that that is his intent, and if they just refrain from signing any contracts, he will make it happen. I don't think either one will be moved if they're unwilling to sign a new deal.

Therefore, considering our many needs, and the fact almost any NFL quarterback would relish playing for Kyle and he'll get someone reasonable this year, I would not pay any draft pick above a mid second rounder for either one, and since that won't deliver either this year, and we have many areas to improve, I'd be content to wait to get one free next year.

A big advantage of getting the assistant coach of the year and one that has a long record of making every single quarterback he has worked with signicantly better, and a Super Bowl (winner), we need to use that asset and let them beat down our door.

And to all those that were hoping Atlanta would lose to Green Bay, I hope you see the value of Kyle's success to us now.
Make a strong push for Jimmy G, and draft a guy that can develop into something later.

Wonder if the rumors are true that Cleveland and Chicago are now pushing for him? This will without a doubt push his price up which is what I've said from Day 1.

Strong push means you'd give up a lot in draft capital that could be used for the rest of the team. How high would you go in this bidding war?

I don't do the GM thing trying to determine who's too expensive. If he's Lynch and Shanny'a guy, they have to figure out a way to get the best deal possible.

I think Kyle can get Cousins for sure or probably Garoppolo too for free next year, which is the best deal possible. All he has to do is get word to them in the off season that that is his intent, and if they just refrain from signing any contracts, he will make it happen. I don't think either one will be moved if they're unwilling to sign a new deal.

Therefore, considering our many needs, and the fact almost any NFL quarterback would relish playing for Kyle and he'll get someone reasonable this year, I would not pay any draft pick above a mid second rounder for either one, and since that won't deliver either this year, and we have many areas to improve, I'd be content to wait to get one free next year.

A big advantage of getting the assistant coach of the year and one that has a long record of making every single quarterback he has worked with signicantly better, and a Super Bowl (winner), we need to use that asset and let them beat down our door.

And to all those that were hoping Atlanta would lose to Green Bay, I hope you see the value of Kyle's success to us now.

Huh? So much in this I can question.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm with this guy!!!
Rather then sell the farm for Garopolo I would trade a 2nd or 3rd for McCarron who I think would be as good or close to as good as Jimmy G. in shannys system. And would still leave us most of our draft picks to restock the roster.

Stopped reading at trading a 2nd for McCarron.

How did McCarron suddenly become a hot name?

Because he had a good game against a depleted, terrible 49ers defense in 2015......and because he has "intangibles." Dude is a poor man's Alex Smith.
Is anyone gonna let a Prescott be drafted late?

Because he had a good game against a depleted, terrible 49ers defense in 2015......and because he has "intangibles." Dude is a poor man's Alex Smith.

Until you just mention that, I had forgotten about that game in 2015. I'm not sure it was all that good. Just not horrible. Man, you're sorry when you're called a poor man'a Alex Smith.
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:

I think Peterman is the closest thing to Prescott in this upcoming draft in terms of a mid round QB that might surprise people. Chad Kelly is another good possibility if he gets his head right, which I don't think many people are holding their breath waiting for.
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:

I think Peterman is the closest thing to Prescott in this upcoming draft in terms of a mid round QB that might surprise people. Chad Kelly is another good possibility if he gets his head right, which I don't think many people are holding their breath waiting for.

Peterman in the 3rd would fit in with my idea:
Williams
McCaffrey
Peterman

This would be the basis for a brand new Shanny WCO. We'd still need somebody like Hoyer - we need two QBs - and we'd still need FAs at nose and ILB. But we'd be making serious progress IMO. Next year we go for the gold, and try for Darnold (if he's still progressing and indeed, even declares for the draft) or some other blue chip QB.
Bring back J.T O'Suckivan

Sorta like how Gabbert became a hot name last year? Desperate fans say some off the wall things.
Until you just mention that, I had forgotten about that game in 2015. I'm not sure it was all that good. Just not horrible. Man, you're sorry when you're called a poor man'a Alex Smith.

Poor man's Smith is literally trash. No thanks.
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Bring back J.T O'Suckivan

Shaun Hill come home! Maybe we can get him for a 2nd and a 3rd?
Originally posted by tankle104:
I hope we trade for Aj McCarron. That is my vote.

It makes it so we dont lose anything if he sucks. if we trade a 4th and some conditional pick for next year.
Then we can either take BPA with our second pick, or trade back and pick up a bunch of picks.

and if we trade back, we most likely get that other teams first round pick for next year. So it would give us a chance to pick up a QB in the draft next year.

I'm with this guy!!!

I dont think he would take a 2nd, but It would leave our team in a great position moving forward.

He played for the first time against us, and won. He went on to lead his team to the playoffs and lead a comeback. Should have won but his defense is full of idiots and thugs that no other team wanted. So they got a bunch of a bs penalties that cost them the game.

I don't see any resemblance to Aj and Alex Smith. I think Smith is garbage and hated how he played. I wouldn't support Aj if I thought he would be anything like Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone