Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 718 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I love the celebration of Cam Skattebo, who would be a backup here, but Ricky Pearsall is completely dismissed as a waisted pick even though he has multiple 100 yard games, 928 yards in 13 games, etc. Everyone was eating crow in the media over the Stribling pick, but people here already forget. D Line fell off a cliff when Mykel got hurt. It appears our last three initial picks are impact guys. Not to say we can't do better, but these latest drafts are not the drafts of 2022- 2023. Our bigger problem has been health.

I mean there is that old but true saying your best ability is availability

So are you saying that coach and GM should employ a fortune teller to advise them on who will get injured on the future?

No. I'm saying acting like Ricky hasn't been a letdown is not realistic. He has been a let down no matter how you want to slice it.
  • FL9r
  • Member
  • Posts: 333
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I love the celebration of Cam Skattebo, who would be a backup here, but Ricky Pearsall is completely dismissed as a waisted pick even though he has multiple 100 yard games, 928 yards in 13 games, etc. Everyone was eating crow in the media over the Stribling pick, but people here already forget. D Line fell off a cliff when Mykel got hurt. It appears our last three initial picks are impact guys. Not to say we can't do better, but these latest drafts are not the drafts of 2022- 2023. Our bigger problem has been health.

I mean there is that old but true saying your best ability is availability

So are you saying that coach and GM should employ a fortune teller to advise them on who will get injured on the future?

No. I'm saying acting like Ricky hasn't been a letdown is not realistic. He has been a let down no matter how you want to slice it.

Huge disappointment and yes, he is a bust until he proves otherwise. The injury pattern should force the front office to evaluate everything from drafting to PT. It's no longer a coincidence when it happens every year. Injuries are not exclusive to the 49ers but it seems like we are hit the hardest. We are only 4 games in and trending the wrong way. I don't have the answer and the front office seems content with assigning bad luck and football is a violent sport as the cause. Maybe it is but dang that's some consistent s**t luck.
Trade deadline is Nov 10, 2 days after we play the raiders but we have the bye before that.

hopefully we make some moves during the bye week. Try to give a player a little time to acclimate.

I sorta hope we go all in and get someone like a TJ watt. I know that can mess up salary cap going forward and cost us picks but he'll be here at least 3 years and would be a tremendous fit
[ Edited by tankle104 on Oct 8, 2026 at 5:08 AM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
Trade deadline is Nov 10, 2 days after we play the raiders but we have the bye before that.

hopefully we make some moves during the bye week. Try to give a player a little time to acclimate.

I sorta hope we go all in and get someone like a TJ watt. I know that can mess up salary cap going forward and cost us picks but he'll be here at least 3 years and would be a tremendous fit

I too would love to trade for TJ Watt.

While we are at it, why don't we also trade for Justin Jefferson? And Jamar Chase? And Christian Gonzalez? And Patrick Mahomes?

This is a guaranteed championship on paper. Why hasn't anyone else thought of this yet?
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Trade deadline is Nov 10, 2 days after we play the raiders but we have the bye before that.

hopefully we make some moves during the bye week. Try to give a player a little time to acclimate.

I sorta hope we go all in and get someone like a TJ watt. I know that can mess up salary cap going forward and cost us picks but he'll be here at least 3 years and would be a tremendous fit

I too would love to trade for TJ Watt.

While we are at it, why don't we also trade for Justin Jefferson? And Jamar Chase? And Christian Gonzalez? And Patrick Mahomes?

This is a guaranteed championship on paper. Why hasn't anyone else thought of this yet?

I verified I could do it in Madden so we should be good. I was also able to get Josh Allen as a backup.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Trade deadline is Nov 10, 2 days after we play the raiders but we have the bye before that.

hopefully we make some moves during the bye week. Try to give a player a little time to acclimate.

I sorta hope we go all in and get someone like a TJ watt. I know that can mess up salary cap going forward and cost us picks but he'll be here at least 3 years and would be a tremendous fit

I too would love to trade for TJ Watt.

While we are at it, why don't we also trade for Justin Jefferson? And Jamar Chase? And Christian Gonzalez? And Patrick Mahomes?

This is a guaranteed championship on paper. Why hasn't anyone else thought of this yet?

Did I say no one's brought that up? lol such a weird response. One guy is being reportedly available, albeit expensive in trade comp, but possible and would fill one of our biggest needs in a potential superbowl season.

this guys response "why don't we just get all the best players in the league while we are at it". Lmao such an odd response.
  • BP13
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,705
49ers have a big opportunity this year but they also have a critical need to build through the draft because of our aging roster. They value their draft picks.
But yeah, this could be a special year. My guess is they make another under the radar deadline trade for a player in the Keion White type; a versatile player who can help the team win, but doesn't cost too much. They seem to like these types of trades, and are pretty good at making them. (Maliek Collins, White, Arden Key, Omenihu, Clelin Ferrell, etc.) This is the approach I think they will take.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Trade deadline is Nov 10, 2 days after we play the raiders but we have the bye before that.

hopefully we make some moves during the bye week. Try to give a player a little time to acclimate.

I sorta hope we go all in and get someone like a TJ watt. I know that can mess up salary cap going forward and cost us picks but he'll be here at least 3 years and would be a tremendous fit

I too would love to trade for TJ Watt.

While we are at it, why don't we also trade for Justin Jefferson? And Jamar Chase? And Christian Gonzalez? And Patrick Mahomes?

This is a guaranteed championship on paper. Why hasn't anyone else thought of this yet?

Did I say no one's brought that up? lol such a weird response. One guy is being reportedly available, albeit expensive in trade comp, but possible and would fill one of our biggest needs in a potential superbowl season.

this guys response "why don't we just get all the best players in the league while we are at it". Lmao such an odd response.

You're going to need to source the "reportedly available." There is no actual tangible evidence that TJ Watt is available for trade. He got a little upset while losing to the Browns (who wouldn't?) and then one single writer (not reporter) trying to come up with trade proposals took it and ran with it as "he could be traded, because look at all the money the Steelers would save and they just traded Porter!"

You can't just trade for a superstar player because you like the superstar. That is my point. You need the other team to say "yes." There is zero evidence the Steelers would say yes to any deal (except for a stupidly massive lopsided overpay, obviously).

The only "superstar" that I could MAYBE see—and even then it's like 10% maybe—is Jeffrey Simmons. And that's because he's 29 while the Titans are the Titans (who are very different from the Steelers).
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Oct 8, 2026 at 6:50 AM ]
Originally posted by BP13:
49ers have a big opportunity this year but they also have a critical need to build through the draft because of our aging roster. They value their draft picks.
But yeah, this could be a special year. My guess is they make another under the radar deadline trade for a player in the Keion White type; a versatile player who can help the team win, but doesn't cost too much. They seem to like these types of trades, and are pretty good at making them. (Maliek Collins, White, Arden Key, Omenihu, Clelin Ferrell, etc.) This is the approach I think they will take.

I still think something like a 4th for Mack or a 3rd for Mack + a 5th back is the way to go.

But I wouldn't be mad at a blockbuster splash (like a 1st + more for Jeffrey Simmons) if the team feels they can make it work for a few years. I just don't think this team should be afraid to trade high draft picks. Damn near every team who does massive trades always climb out very quickly (Rams with Goff/Cooks/Ramsey/Stafford/Miller, Seahawks with Jamaal Adams, Broncos with Russell Wilson, etc) and every single time I hear "the team will pay for trading those high picks by going into a massive rebuild just watch!" and… they suck for maybe one year maximum and then they're right back to Super Bowl contention again. Heck, we traded three 1sts for Trey Lance and while people will say we didn't win a Super Bowl, it certainly didn't cripple the franchise like people thought it would.

I'm just tired of this annoying concern and narrative with fans that if you push your draft capital chips into the middle and then don't win the Super Bowl, you become the Jets. It's just not true. History says you suck for one season at the very most and then you're back to normal.

I'm fine with gambling 1st round picks. You're technically gambling using them in the draft itself anyway, might as well use them on proven talent. Nobody is going to see a trade like that as a reason why you DIDN'T win the Super Bowl, but they could certainly see a trade you didn't make as the reason you didn't.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 37,301
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Trade deadline is Nov 10, 2 days after we play the raiders but we have the bye before that.

hopefully we make some moves during the bye week. Try to give a player a little time to acclimate.

I sorta hope we go all in and get someone like a TJ watt. I know that can mess up salary cap going forward and cost us picks but he'll be here at least 3 years and would be a tremendous fit

I too would love to trade for TJ Watt.

While we are at it, why don't we also trade for Justin Jefferson? And Jamar Chase? And Christian Gonzalez? And Patrick Mahomes?

This is a guaranteed championship on paper. Why hasn't anyone else thought of this yet?

Did I say no one's brought that up? lol such a weird response. One guy is being reportedly available, albeit expensive in trade comp, but possible and would fill one of our biggest needs in a potential superbowl season.

this guys response "why don't we just get all the best players in the league while we are at it". Lmao such an odd response.

You're going to need to source the "reportedly available." There is no actual tangible evidence that TJ Watt is available for trade. He got a little upset while losing to the Browns (who wouldn't?) and then one single writer (not reporter) trying to come up with trade proposals took it and ran with it as "he could be traded, because look at all the money the Steelers would save and they just traded Porter!"

You can't just trade for a superstar player because you like the superstar. That is my point. You need the other team to say "yes." There is zero evidence the Steelers would say yes to any deal (except for a stupidly massive lopsided overpay, obviously).

The only "superstar" that I could MAYBE see—and even then it's like 10% maybe—is Jeffrey Simmons. And that's because he's 29 while the Titans are the Titans (who are very different from the Steelers).

There is zero evidence that he is "reportedly available"

You can't watch juveniles on YouTube saying wild stuff - I see it all the time.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,568
Originally posted by FL9r:
Huge disappointment and yes, he is a bust until he proves otherwise. The injury pattern should force the front office to evaluate everything from drafting to PT. It's no longer a coincidence when it happens every year. Injuries are not exclusive to the 49ers but it seems like we are hit the hardest. We are only 4 games in and trending the wrong way. I don't have the answer and the front office seems content with assigning bad luck and football is a violent sport as the cause. Maybe it is but dang that's some consistent s**t luck.

I've always maintained that bigger players will remain healthier versus smaller players. Case in point Mike Evans is still playing, whereas Pearsall isn't. I know it's a bit of an apple versus orange analogy (i.e. different injuries to Evans and Pearsall) but basically my point is that bigger muscles, tendons, and bones - all else being equal - can withstand more stress and violence than smaller muscles, tendons, and bones.
  • BP13
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,705
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I still think something like a 4th for Mack or a 3rd for Mack + a 5th back is the way to go.

But I wouldn't be mad at a blockbuster splash (like a 1st + more for Jeffrey Simmons) if the team feels they can make it work for a few years. I just don't think this team should be afraid to trade high draft picks. Damn near every team who does massive trades always climb out very quickly (Rams with Goff/Cooks/Ramsey/Stafford/Miller, Seahawks with Jamaal Adams, Broncos with Russell Wilson, etc) and every single time I hear "the team will pay for trading those high picks by going into a massive rebuild just watch!" and… they suck for maybe one year maximum and then they're right back to Super Bowl contention again. Heck, we traded three 1sts for Trey Lance and while people will say we didn't win a Super Bowl, it certainly didn't cripple the franchise like people thought it would.

I'm just tired of this annoying concern and narrative with fans that if you push your draft capital chips into the middle and then don't win the Super Bowl, you become the Jets. It's just not true. History says you suck for one season at the very most and then you're back to normal.

I'm fine with gambling 1st round picks. You're technically gambling using them in the draft itself anyway, might as well use them on proven talent. Nobody is going to see a trade like that as a reason why you DIDN'T win the Super Bowl, but they could certainly see a trade you didn't make as the reason you didn't.

Mack does seem like a trade the 49ers would make if he was available. They've been interested in him before and the cost wouldn't be prohibitive.
also, regarding my previous comment, I'm not really giving my opinion on the what the 49ers SHOULD do, I'm just saying what I think the 49ers WILL do.
[ Edited by BP13 on Oct 8, 2026 at 7:53 AM ]
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I still think something like a 4th for Mack or a 3rd for Mack + a 5th back is the way to go.

But I wouldn't be mad at a blockbuster splash (like a 1st + more for Jeffrey Simmons) if the team feels they can make it work for a few years. I just don't think this team should be afraid to trade high draft picks. Damn near every team who does massive trades always climb out very quickly (Rams with Goff/Cooks/Ramsey/Stafford/Miller, Seahawks with Jamaal Adams, Broncos with Russell Wilson, etc) and every single time I hear "the team will pay for trading those high picks by going into a massive rebuild just watch!" and… they suck for maybe one year maximum and then they're right back to Super Bowl contention again. Heck, we traded three 1sts for Trey Lance and while people will say we didn't win a Super Bowl, it certainly didn't cripple the franchise like people thought it would.

I'm just tired of this annoying concern and narrative with fans that if you push your draft capital chips into the middle and then don't win the Super Bowl, you become the Jets. It's just not true. History says you suck for one season at the very most and then you're back to normal.

I'm fine with gambling 1st round picks. You're technically gambling using them in the draft itself anyway, might as well use them on proven talent. Nobody is going to see a trade like that as a reason why you DIDN'T win the Super Bowl, but they could certainly see a trade you didn't make as the reason you didn't.

Mack does seem like a trade the 49ers would make if he was available. They've been interested in him before and the cost wouldn't be prohibitive.
also, regarding my previous comment, I'm not really giving my opinion on the what the 49ers SHOULD do, I'm just saying what I think the 49ers WILL do.

I prefer to wait until they actually do somethng. All the speculation about what they should do or might do is filling space but not helping the team.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,568
Originally posted by tankle104:
Trade deadline is Nov 10, 2 days after we play the raiders but we have the bye before that.

hopefully we make some moves during the bye week. Try to give a player a little time to acclimate.

I sorta hope we go all in and get someone like a TJ watt. I know that can mess up salary cap going forward and cost us picks but he'll be here at least 3 years and would be a tremendous fit

I'm hoping they can still trade Mac for great draft compensation. I know it's thins out our QB squad depth, but with the OLine performing well, I think its worth the risk.
  • BP13
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,705
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I prefer to wait until they actually do somethng. All the speculation about what they should do or might do is filling space but not helping the team.

yeah I'm right there with you. Although the annual shopping list of who 49ers fans want in a trade is pretty entertaining to read
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone