-
49AllTheTime
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 73,035
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
For the defense I'd say Khalil Mack & Vita Vea.
I remember an older guy like Tim Harris that contributed in '95
Mack still has juice and isn't a big deal dead cap wise. I may be mistaken but isn't it around $28 mil dead cap for Vea:
POST-6/1 TRADE
2026 Dead Cap: $8,534,460
2027 Dead Cap: $19,644,000
You guys are dreaming if you think Lynch is gonna pick up two more players. Remember he already traded for Osa this season. Honestly what he needs to do is spend a 1st and more to get a real player in here to move the needle.
Osa isn't that good!
Chargers and Tampa Bay are being reported to be on the verge of unloading. Mack's contract is expiring at the end of the season. And, Vea seems to have put a gun to the organization's head to get an extension.
With the way this team's players drop like flies and are thin on the D-line why not.
Give up the later picks this year and next and then trade the late, late 1st in '27 and regain those lost picks.
Let's go! Why do ya'll think Mike Evans, Greenlaw etc are here. The window is still slightly open.
Have you forgotten how the Shehawks destroyed this team along the lines on their way to a chip!
🤦🏽♂
The Seahawks beat a crippled 49er team that had lost tons of star power. I think you remember that.
Also, the Seattle offense is much less potent this year having lost Kenneth Walker to KC. I see this upcoming game as a toss-up, even at their house.
There's an excuse for everything when we really boil it down to it.
Why not just be better than what we have now?!
Remember two recent Super Bowl loses.
What does "two recent Super Bowl losses!" have absolutely anything to do with this conversation?
I swear some of y'all actually obsessively hate the 49ers lmao. "Remember when Colt McCoy beat us in 2021? That's why we need to fire Lynch!!"
Back in '95 it took an assembly of stellar talent led by Deion to get over Dallas and then smash the Chargers in Super Bowl.
Let me say it for you youngings a little slower:
The
More
Talent
And
The
Better
The
Team
The
Greater
The
Chances
At
Winning
IT
!!!
You're not saying anything new that has been said here with the talent statement
plus, our last two SBs we had the most and better talent
Wrong!!!
Jimmy G couldn't throw the ball beyond 15- 20 yards. So no!
And, some of you take it personal to say that this team can get better and should get better. Especially since they're always dropping like flies.
Its as if some of you know Lynch personally lol
Seems like I am saying something new because posters are against getting better. My God
lol looks like you missed a SB
plus jimmy dropped a dime to Kittle in that game. We had the most and better talent in that game. No doubt
same in the second meeting.
And my slow friend, no one is saying don't add more talent.
the point of my post is you need more than just having more talent
Wong again! Chris Jones manhandled the O-line. This version of the O-line seems to be more talented. However the D-line can use a pass rusher and plug with push in the middle.
This team has a better QB, true #1 receiver, dual threat at RB, veteran Deebo and still a weapon in Kittle.
There is talent, experience and smarts. And yet if there's still room for improvement. Why not?
So "if no one is saying don't add more talent" then what's the problem?! Talk about slow!
Well it looks like you may be too young to remember who we had and what happened in those games
spouting off names like Jimmy and Jones doesn't help your argument about having more talent.
again, who is saying no to more talent ?
-
dj43
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 38,433
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
For the defense I'd say Khalil Mack & Vita Vea.
I remember an older guy like Tim Harris that contributed in '95
Mack still has juice and isn't a big deal dead cap wise. I may be mistaken but isn't it around $28 mil dead cap for Vea:
POST-6/1 TRADE
2026 Dead Cap: $8,534,460
2027 Dead Cap: $19,644,000
You guys are dreaming if you think Lynch is gonna pick up two more players. Remember he already traded for Osa this season. Honestly what he needs to do is spend a 1st and more to get a real player in here to move the needle.
Osa isn't that good!
Chargers and Tampa Bay are being reported to be on the verge of unloading. Mack's contract is expiring at the end of the season. And, Vea seems to have put a gun to the organization's head to get an extension.
With the way this team's players drop like flies and are thin on the D-line why not.
Give up the later picks this year and next and then trade the late, late 1st in '27 and regain those lost picks.
Let's go! Why do ya'll think Mike Evans, Greenlaw etc are here. The window is still slightly open.
Have you forgotten how the Shehawks destroyed this team along the lines on their way to a chip!
🤦🏽♂
The Seahawks beat a crippled 49er team that had lost tons of star power. I think you remember that.
Also, the Seattle offense is much less potent this year having lost Kenneth Walker to KC. I see this upcoming game as a toss-up, even at their house.
There's an excuse for everything when we really boil it down to it.
Why not just be better than what we have now?!
Remember two recent Super Bowl loses.
What does "two recent Super Bowl losses!" have absolutely anything to do with this conversation?
I swear some of y'all actually obsessively hate the 49ers lmao. "Remember when Colt McCoy beat us in 2021? That's why we need to fire Lynch!!"
Back in '95 it took an assembly of stellar talent led by Deion to get over Dallas and then smash the Chargers in Super Bowl.
Let me say it for you youngings a little slower:
The
More
Talent
And
The
Better
The
Team
The
Greater
The
Chances
At
Winning
IT
!!!
You're not saying anything new that has been said here with the talent statement
plus, our last two SBs we had the most and better talent
Wrong!!!
Jimmy G couldn't throw the ball beyond 15- 20 yards. So no!
And, some of you take it personal to say that this team can get better and should get better. Especially since they're always dropping like flies.
Its as if some of you know Lynch personally lol
Seems like I am saying something new because posters are against getting better. My God
lol looks like you missed a SB
plus jimmy dropped a dime to Kittle in that game. We had the most and better talent in that game. No doubt
same in the second meeting.
And my slow friend, no one is saying don't add more talent.
the point of my post is you need more than just having more talent
Wong again! Chris Jones manhandled the O-line. This version of the O-line seems to be more talented. However the D-line can use a pass rusher and plug with push in the middle.
This team has a better QB, true #1 receiver, dual threat at RB, veteran Deebo and still a weapon in Kittle.
There is talent, experience and smarts. And yet if there's still room for improvement. Why not?
So "if no one is saying don't add more talent" then what's the problem?! Talk about slow!
Well it looks like you may be too young to remember who we had and what happened in those games
spouting off names like Jimmy and Jones doesn't help your argument about having more talent.
again, who is saying no to more talent ?
Opinions are fun to bounce around, even more fun when supported by evidence and context. Otherwise...
-
TD49ers
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 3,990
Originally posted by Giedi:
Yeah we still potentially have Mac Jones as trade bait. Jimmy Garoppolo can back up Purdy after Mac is traded.
Jimmy G.....step away from the crack pipe.
-
Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 67,133
C'mon Lynch, make one impactful move and I won't bother you again for another two years!!!
-
Fanaticofnfl
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 21,006
Originally posted by Kolohe:
C'mon Lynch, make one impactful move and I won't bother you again for another two years!!!
If we were to trade for someone, wouldn't it more likely be at the trade deadline or during the bye week? I can't see a team selling right this moment but I suppose it's possible.
-
49AllTheTime
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 73,035
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
For the defense I'd say Khalil Mack & Vita Vea.
I remember an older guy like Tim Harris that contributed in '95
Mack still has juice and isn't a big deal dead cap wise. I may be mistaken but isn't it around $28 mil dead cap for Vea:
POST-6/1 TRADE
2026 Dead Cap: $8,534,460
2027 Dead Cap: $19,644,000
You guys are dreaming if you think Lynch is gonna pick up two more players. Remember he already traded for Osa this season. Honestly what he needs to do is spend a 1st and more to get a real player in here to move the needle.
Osa isn't that good!
Chargers and Tampa Bay are being reported to be on the verge of unloading. Mack's contract is expiring at the end of the season. And, Vea seems to have put a gun to the organization's head to get an extension.
With the way this team's players drop like flies and are thin on the D-line why not.
Give up the later picks this year and next and then trade the late, late 1st in '27 and regain those lost picks.
Let's go! Why do ya'll think Mike Evans, Greenlaw etc are here. The window is still slightly open.
Have you forgotten how the Shehawks destroyed this team along the lines on their way to a chip!
🤦🏽♂
The Seahawks beat a crippled 49er team that had lost tons of star power. I think you remember that.
Also, the Seattle offense is much less potent this year having lost Kenneth Walker to KC. I see this upcoming game as a toss-up, even at their house.
There's an excuse for everything when we really boil it down to it.
Why not just be better than what we have now?!
Remember two recent Super Bowl loses.
What does "two recent Super Bowl losses!" have absolutely anything to do with this conversation?
I swear some of y'all actually obsessively hate the 49ers lmao. "Remember when Colt McCoy beat us in 2021? That's why we need to fire Lynch!!"
Back in '95 it took an assembly of stellar talent led by Deion to get over Dallas and then smash the Chargers in Super Bowl.
Let me say it for you youngings a little slower:
The
More
Talent
And
The
Better
The
Team
The
Greater
The
Chances
At
Winning
IT
!!!
You're not saying anything new that has been said here with the talent statement
plus, our last two SBs we had the most and better talent
Wrong!!!
Jimmy G couldn't throw the ball beyond 15- 20 yards. So no!
And, some of you take it personal to say that this team can get better and should get better. Especially since they're always dropping like flies.
Its as if some of you know Lynch personally lol
Seems like I am saying something new because posters are against getting better. My God
lol looks like you missed a SB
plus jimmy dropped a dime to Kittle in that game. We had the most and better talent in that game. No doubt
same in the second meeting.
And my slow friend, no one is saying don't add more talent.
the point of my post is you need more than just having more talent
Wong again! Chris Jones manhandled the O-line. This version of the O-line seems to be more talented. However the D-line can use a pass rusher and plug with push in the middle.
This team has a better QB, true #1 receiver, dual threat at RB, veteran Deebo and still a weapon in Kittle.
There is talent, experience and smarts. And yet if there's still room for improvement. Why not?
So "if no one is saying don't add more talent" then what's the problem?! Talk about slow!
Well it looks like you may be too young to remember who we had and what happened in those games
spouting off names like Jimmy and Jones doesn't help your argument about having more talent.
again, who is saying no to more talent ?
Opinions are fun to bounce around, even more fun when supported by evidence and context. Otherwise...
like you said, it's fun to play around but I don't need to show evidence of years past that's already proven here many times.
circling back to my point in my original post, even when you are up to your gills in a stacked team.. it's still not enough
and no, that doesn't mean I don't want to make additions
-
49AllTheTime
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 73,035
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
C'mon Lynch, make one impactful move and I won't bother you again for another two years!!!
If we were to trade for someone, wouldn't it more likely be at the trade deadline or during the bye week? I can't see a team selling right this moment but I suppose it's possible.
No one is selling with only 4 games played.. well at least anybody impactful
-
AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 34,116
Originally posted by Kolohe:
C'mon Lynch, make one impactful move and I won't bother you again for another two years!!!
I doubt anyone is gonna be selling this early, the Porter move seems like an outlier
-
Oilcan
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 1,763
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
C'mon Lynch, make one impactful move and I won't bother you again for another two years!!!
I doubt anyone is gonna be selling this early, the Porter move seems like an outlier
The Chargers play Denver this week, if they lose and go 0-5 i can see them moving Mack.
He only signed a one year deal and at 35 I can see him wanting to be on a contender.
-
GoreGoreGore
- 10HourChicken
-
- Posts: 61,732
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
C'mon Lynch, make one impactful move and I won't bother you again for another two years!!!
I doubt anyone is gonna be selling this early, the Porter move seems like an outlier
Ya I don't understand why people think a team would be a seller this early.
-
Giedi
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 34,571
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
C'mon Lynch, make one impactful move and I won't bother you again for another two years!!!
If we were to trade for someone, wouldn't it more likely be at the trade deadline or during the bye week? I can't see a team selling right this moment but I suppose it's possible.
Yeah, agree. The likelihood of any trade would be around right before the trade deadline. I'm still hoping they can get something for Mac. It would be sweet if they got a 2nd round pick and some day three picks.
-
gold49digger
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 17,728
Im hoping for a big trade. Im hoping for help on the dline that can make an impact on the run D, or a big time receiving threat to make the offense absolutely OP.
Our first round picks havent been great, im okay with spending em to get a proven commpdity.
-
Giedi
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 34,571
Anybody have any opinions on these safety/DB guys that John might possibly draft in 2027?
1. Kingston Lopa, California
Physical Profile: 6'5", 210 lbs
2. Ty Benefield, LSU
Physical Profile: 6'3", 216 lbs
3. Faletau Satuala, BYU
Physical Profile: 6'4", 215 lbs
4. Marcus Neal Jr., Penn State
Physical Profile: 6'1", 216 lbs
5. Bray Hubbard, Alabama
Physical Profile: 6'2", 215 lbs
-
Hysterikal
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 40,099
Originally posted by Giedi:
Anybody have any opinions on these safety/DB guys that John might possibly draft in 2027?
1. Kingston Lopa, California
Physical Profile: 6'5", 210 lbs
2. Ty Benefield, LSU
Physical Profile: 6'3", 216 lbs
3. Faletau Satuala, BYU
Physical Profile: 6'4", 215 lbs
4. Marcus Neal Jr., Penn State
Physical Profile: 6'1", 216 lbs
5. Bray Hubbard, Alabama
Physical Profile: 6'2", 215 lbs
I'm a Hubbard guy. He and Sigle together would be coaching tape on how to form tackle.
-
Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 67,133
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
C'mon Lynch, make one impactful move and I won't bother you again for another two years!!!
I doubt anyone is gonna be selling this early, the Porter move seems like an outlier
Ya I don't understand why people think a team would be a seller this early.
Well fwiw I'm not saying make a trade right away.