49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 382 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I recall really hoping that we could have drafted Josh Sweat. He hasn't really panned out, but might be a decent rotational piece if the price was cheap?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I have 2 wants on here. Mack to us. And MHJ not to go to the Chiefs
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Jeudy would kill in this offense

How's his run blocking?
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Jeudy would kill in this offense

I was really impressed with Jeudy at the end of the Thursday night game

Lol yeah made me think he's now off the trade block
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,521
Originally posted by BP13:
most people realize that Lynch doesn't make the picks, it's a collaborative effort between Kyle, John, scouting dept. the position coaches, Tariq Ahmad, Kwesi, etc.
I doubt Lynch has ever made a pick completely on his own, he's not that type of GM.

Kyle has the most power by far when it comes to choosing players in the draft, and while I think drafting players is a weakness for Kyle, he is so elite at so many other things, that you have to accept it as part of the deal.

I think Kyle is getting better at drafting, in a sense. Because I think he's allowing more collaboration on the drafting process. He seems to be hitting on more players who were drafted higher. Halton, and Kaelon for example.

When Adam Peters was here, they seemed to allow Kyle more power and so the early round misfires might might be because of that. Once Adam left, it seems they started drafting different. One example is trading down now, instead of trading up.
Please reach out to the Steelers and work something out or highsmith or Watt. We need it and I think their character would fit in great here
Originally posted by tankle104:
Please reach out to the Steelers and work something out or highsmith or Watt. We need it and I think their character would fit in great here

I'll eat a shoe if Watt gets traded in the next month.
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I recall really hoping that we could have drafted Josh Sweat. He hasn't really panned out, but might be a decent rotational piece if the price was cheap?

I mean he's been a double digit sack guy a couple years. I wouldn't say he hasn't panned out. The issue with him coming out of FSU was the knee and how long he would be able to play on it. So far he's been pretty good….he signed a $75M deal in 25. Not sure how realistic that move would be
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by BP13:
most people realize that Lynch doesn't make the picks, it's a collaborative effort between Kyle, John, scouting dept. the position coaches, Tariq Ahmad, Kwesi, etc.
I doubt Lynch has ever made a pick completely on his own, he's not that type of GM.

Kyle has the most power by far when it comes to choosing players in the draft, and while I think drafting players is a weakness for Kyle, he is so elite at so many other things, that you have to accept it as part of the deal.

I think Kyle is getting better at drafting, in a sense. Because I think he's allowing more collaboration on the drafting process. He seems to be hitting on more players who were drafted higher. Halton, and Kaelon for example.

When Adam Peters was here, they seemed to allow Kyle more power and so the early round misfires might might be because of that. Once Adam left, it seems they started drafting different. One example is trading down now, instead of trading up.

Why are we always assuming every high pick was a Kyle pick? I would say he probably has more input on offensive skill positions, especially WR.

I mean we basically gave the draft to Saleh in 25. Overall imo the coaching staff as a whole has a ton say on the picks.

The scouting department scouts the players, puts a grade on them and hands over the film to the coaches to evaluate…sometimes I feel like the grade they have vs the rest of the NFL is a problem. Maybe the coaches are just willing to forgo the "value" and get who they want regardless if it means they reached.

also think the moving down vs up thing is more about where they have been picking vs that draft and the talent there. Not every draft is equal, the past couple have been lacking in talent overall.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I have 2 wants on here. Mack to us. And MHJ not to go to the Chiefs

The chiefs getting MHJ is most likely going to happen and we should all be concerned about it. lol especially if we have to play them in a 3rd Super Bowl.

dudes super talented, Andy Reid is HOF, Pat is HOF. Would suck for the rest of the league, I think they can get the most out of him.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I could see us trading for Mack. Not sure if it moves the needle much though.

He would. 0.75 sacks per game is very good. Would be similar to the Rams trading for Von Miller in 2021 IMHO
Originally posted by tankle104:
The chiefs getting MHJ is most likely going to happen and we should all be concerned about it. lol especially if we have to play them in a 3rd Super Bowl.

dudes super talented, Andy Reid is HOF, Pat is HOF. Would suck for the rest of the league, I think they can get the most out of him.

Harrison is hot garbage and one of the laziest players in the league.

Let him go to the Chiefs
Originally posted by tankle104:
The chiefs getting MHJ is most likely going to happen and we should all be concerned about it. lol especially if we have to play them in a 3rd Super Bowl.

dudes super talented, Andy Reid is HOF, Pat is HOF. Would suck for the rest of the league, I think they can get the most out of him.

Far more likely the Chiefs bring back Tyreek.
We could be a better team in December if we get healthy, scary thought for the rest of the league
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,521
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by BP13:
most people realize that Lynch doesn't make the picks, it's a collaborative effort between Kyle, John, scouting dept. the position coaches, Tariq Ahmad, Kwesi, etc.
I doubt Lynch has ever made a pick completely on his own, he's not that type of GM.

Kyle has the most power by far when it comes to choosing players in the draft, and while I think drafting players is a weakness for Kyle, he is so elite at so many other things, that you have to accept it as part of the deal.

I think Kyle is getting better at drafting, in a sense. Because I think he's allowing more collaboration on the drafting process. He seems to be hitting on more players who were drafted higher. Halton, and Kaelon for example.

When Adam Peters was here, they seemed to allow Kyle more power and so the early round misfires might might be because of that. Once Adam left, it seems they started drafting different. One example is trading down now, instead of trading up.

Why are we always assuming every high pick was a Kyle pick? I would say he probably has more input on offensive skill positions, especially WR.

I mean we basically gave the draft to Saleh in 25. Overall imo the coaching staff as a whole has a ton say on the picks.

The scouting department scouts the players, puts a grade on them and hands over the film to the coaches to evaluate…sometimes I feel like the grade they have vs the rest of the NFL is a problem. Maybe the coaches are just willing to forgo the "value" and get who they want regardless if it means they reached.

also think the moving down vs up thing is more about where they have been picking vs that draft and the talent there. Not every draft is equal, the past couple have been lacking in talent overall.

I will agree on the fact that every draft is different and the coaching staff and particularly Kyle has a lot of input on the offensive side.

But I also think that things have been different since Adam Peter's left. For whatever reason, whether we've gotten over the Trey Lance disaster, or because John Lynch has taken more control since Adam left, there have been some strategic changes. Things like trading down instead of trading up, and an emphasis on great athleticism (example Enrique Cruz)

When you say *they* gave Saleh the 2025 draft, I agree with you, and I think they also gave the 2026 draft to Raheem. Matt Eberflus and Gus Bradley (i think) have been instrumental in those two drafts also. Halton, Ephiseians and Dugger, I think, are Raheem/Eberflus/KJ Wright picks. I think Kyle finally got the DC that he wanted all along and Raheem and Eberflus have changed the valuation of certain defensive positions.

I also like how they have built young depth even at QB and every other position (Rourk, James Thmpson, Sebastian Valdez) i think they really tried to bolster depth due to our Substation's annual required player sacrifices. All in all, I think Kyle has stepped back a bit from the draft and is trusting John more on his abilities to pick players for him. We'll see if John's contract is extended. 4-0 record, for now, shows the answer should be a big *yes!*
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone