49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 573 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,133
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Ok Lynch get to work and I'm not talking about picking off the practice squad!!!!

Will McDonald
Kayvon Thibodeaux
Alex Highsmith
or should I dare say it Maxx Crosby!!!!!!! LFG!!!!

I would pass out if they could do Maxx but with their 2-0 start now it won't happen. They should have offered the farm and then some a week or two back.

Exactly!!!! But Raiders won't help the 9ers.

People keep telling me that things are different now that Tom Brady is with the Raiders. And the Raiders will have no problem trading with the 9ers……STILL WAITING TO BE PROVEN WRONG!!!!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 37,301
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Ok Lynch get to work and I'm not talking about picking off the practice squad!!!!

Will McDonald
Kayvon Thibodeaux
Alex Highsmith
or should I dare say it Maxx Crosby!!!!!!! LFG!!!!

I would pass out if they could do Maxx but with their 2-0 start now it won't happen. They should have offered the farm and then some a week or two back.

Exactly!!!! But Raiders won't help the 9ers.

People keep telling me that things are different now that Tom Brady is with the Raiders. And the Raiders will have no problem trading with the 9ers……STILL WAITING TO BE PROVEN WRONG!!!!

Generally teams are not going to trade players while they think they are still in the hunt.
Thats why most trades happen near the deadline.

Sadly I don't expect much until later in the season.
Vs AZ this week, zero 1st rd picks will be playing and only 2nd rd picks (Deebo/Green). I mean that's pretty pathetic
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Vs AZ this week, zero 1st rd picks will be playing and only 2nd rd picks (Deebo/Green). I mean that's pretty pathetic

I seriously hope Lynch's contract doesn't get renewed.
[ Edited by ninerAxe on Sep 26, 2026 at 8:02 AM ]
  • BP13
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,711
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Vs AZ this week, zero 1st rd picks will be playing and only 2nd rd picks (Deebo/Green). I mean that's pretty pathetic
That's crazy. Also, before Bosa got injured this week, he was the only active first round pick we had on the roster. A pick from 2019.
It's honestly quite a feat that the 49ers have been so competitive over the years with such a lack of top draft talent.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,133
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Ok Lynch get to work and I'm not talking about picking off the practice squad!!!!

Will McDonald
Kayvon Thibodeaux
Alex Highsmith
or should I dare say it Maxx Crosby!!!!!!! LFG!!!!

I would pass out if they could do Maxx but with their 2-0 start now it won't happen. They should have offered the farm and then some a week or two back.

Exactly!!!! But Raiders won't help the 9ers.

People keep telling me that things are different now that Tom Brady is with the Raiders. And the Raiders will have no problem trading with the 9ers……STILL WAITING TO BE PROVEN WRONG!!!!

Generally teams are not going to trade players while they think they are still in the hunt.
Thats why most trades happen near the deadline.

Sadly I don't expect much until later in the season.

Yah unfortunately for us the Raiders are 2-0. I think Crosby has eased off of wanting to be traded also and I think he's loving the new Kubiak led Raiders.

I'm rooting for the Steelers to fail, so maybe TJ Watt becomes somewhat available!!!
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Ok Lynch get to work and I'm not talking about picking off the practice squad!!!!

Will McDonald
Kayvon Thibodeaux
Alex Highsmith
or should I dare say it Maxx Crosby!!!!!!! LFG!!!!

I would pass out if they could do Maxx but with their 2-0 start now it won't happen. They should have offered the farm and then some a week or two back.

Exactly!!!! But Raiders won't help the 9ers.

People keep telling me that things are different now that Tom Brady is with the Raiders. And the Raiders will have no problem trading with the 9ers……STILL WAITING TO BE PROVEN WRONG!!!!

Generally teams are not going to trade players while they think they are still in the hunt.
Thats why most trades happen near the deadline.

Sadly I don't expect much until later in the season.
This. No team is punting on the season after 2 weeks. Good reinforcements via trade aren't coming until much later. Swaps of underperforming players on the other hand, stand by.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,133
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Ok Lynch get to work and I'm not talking about picking off the practice squad!!!!

Will McDonald
Kayvon Thibodeaux
Alex Highsmith
or should I dare say it Maxx Crosby!!!!!!! LFG!!!!

I would pass out if they could do Maxx but with their 2-0 start now it won't happen. They should have offered the farm and then some a week or two back.

Exactly!!!! But Raiders won't help the 9ers.

People keep telling me that things are different now that Tom Brady is with the Raiders. And the Raiders will have no problem trading with the 9ers……STILL WAITING TO BE PROVEN WRONG!!!!

Generally teams are not going to trade players while they think they are still in the hunt.
Thats why most trades happen near the deadline.

Sadly I don't expect much until later in the season.
This. No team is punting on the season after 2 weeks. Good reinforcements via trade aren't coming until much later. Swaps of underperforming players on the other hand, stand by.

Haason Reddick is still out there, I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do as a 9er. Only played in 12 games and had only 2.5 sacks last year. That's not any better than Sam O, but Reddick has had double digit sacks more than once in his career so maybe he can do that again.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Ok Lynch get to work and I'm not talking about picking off the practice squad!!!!

Will McDonald
Kayvon Thibodeaux
Alex Highsmith
or should I dare say it Maxx Crosby!!!!!!! LFG!!!!

I would pass out if they could do Maxx but with their 2-0 start now it won't happen. They should have offered the farm and then some a week or two back.

Exactly!!!! But Raiders won't help the 9ers.

People keep telling me that things are different now that Tom Brady is with the Raiders. And the Raiders will have no problem trading with the 9ers……STILL WAITING TO BE PROVEN WRONG!!!!

Generally teams are not going to trade players while they think they are still in the hunt.
Thats why most trades happen near the deadline.

Sadly I don't expect much until later in the season.
This. No team is punting on the season after 2 weeks. Good reinforcements via trade aren't coming until much later. Swaps of underperforming players on the other hand, stand by.

Haason Reddick is still out there, I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do as a 9er. Only played in 12 games and had only 2.5 sacks last year. That's not any better than Sam O, but Reddick has had double digit sacks more than once in his career so maybe he can do that again.

That dude is crazy. We don't need any more loons on the roster plus Brock has history with him.

i would rather we pick Floyd off the streets (but I think they're waiting until game 4).

There's still a chance we can trade for DBuck if the colts keep losing. DBuck, Mykel, Bosa on the line later in the season would be great.
Originally posted by Sask49erFan:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
This was probably my single biggest critique of this off-season was i didn't think the team did enough to address viable depth at edge. Looked on paper like we were another Nick Bosa injury away from a bad day and here we are.

I don't know if there's a lot any team can do to make themselves resilient to having 7 of their top d-linemen being injured/unavailable.

Im talking about the moves made in the off-season before all these injuries.

The team essentially ran the exact same edge rushers back from last year.The same edge rushers that were incapable of creating pressure last season. This year they got Nick Bosa back and drafted Height. I'm aware of all the injuries. I'm saying what moves did they make to improve the edge? This team needs someone else that can manufacture some pressure outside of Bosa from the edge. Putting all of that faith in a rookie third round pick and hoping your star edge rusher can stay healthy coming off anither major injury is a little too risky for me. This team has constantly fallen completely off the pressure grid when Bosa isn't in the game. I imagine we're in store for more of that in the coming weeks. I hope and pray I'm wrong.

I said the exact same thing going into the draft.

Then we passed on R Mason Thomas who looks like a stud and Gabe Jacas among others.

This guy's roster building strategy is strange to say the least

We passed on Thomas for Stribling, who also looks like a stud. Can't let current frustration guve us amnesia to what has actually happened. I think the bigger issue is not signing someone that can play DE and depending solely on Bosa and Williams. They did add to the pass rush (interior) with Osa and Halton. Outside, they added Height. But outside of Bosa, there's no true 3 down DE. I suppose they are counting White, but I view him more in the mold of Williams (good at one thing). Normally that would be okay, but given Bosa's history you need a true 3 down DE that can rush and defend the run.
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Vs AZ this week, zero 1st rd picks will be playing and only 2nd rd picks (Deebo/Green). I mean that's pretty pathetic
That's crazy. Also, before Bosa got injured this week, he was the only active first round pick we had on the roster. A pick from 2019.
It's honestly quite a feat that the 49ers have been so competitive over the years with such a lack of top draft talent.

Iit's wild when you think of it, but true. We are JUST NOW hitting the end of the cycle for the Trey Lance draft picks. But we've seen this before. Until Stubblefield in 93 and Young in 94, we went a good bit without a quality first round pick drafted being on the roster.

The good news for the team is that Pearsall actually is good and Stribling looks like he might be. The bad news is we will wait a year before we see both playing at the same time.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Sep 26, 2026 at 1:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Ok Lynch get to work and I'm not talking about picking off the practice squad!!!!

Will McDonald
Kayvon Thibodeaux
Alex Highsmith
or should I dare say it Maxx Crosby!!!!!!! LFG!!!!

Lynch " We looked who was available out there and in the end we liked the guys we have already on our team"

Reporter (Kawakami or Cohn) "but John 6 out of your 10 linemen are injured"
  • Cosmo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,448
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Ok Lynch get to work and I'm not talking about picking off the practice squad!!!!

Will McDonald
Kayvon Thibodeaux
Alex Highsmith
or should I dare say it Maxx Crosby!!!!!!! LFG!!!!

Lynch " We looked who was available out there and in the end we liked the guys we have already on our team"

Reporter (Kawakami or Cohn) "but John 6 out of your 10 linemen are injured"

I'd be more than fine giving the Raiders a 1st rounder + for Crosby. Not like we hit on those picks anyway. It's been a working formula for the Rams….
Originally posted by Cosmo:
I'd be more than fine giving the Raiders a 1st rounder + for Crosby. Not like we hit on those picks anyway. It's been a working formula for the Rams….

Crosby doesn't want to leave Vegas.

Will McDonald or DeForest Buckner might be the only big names available via trade
Originally posted by Sask49erFan:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
I'd be more than fine giving the Raiders a 1st rounder + for Crosby. Not like we hit on those picks anyway. It's been a working formula for the Rams….

Crosby doesn't want to leave Vegas.

Will McDonald or DeForest Buckner might be the only big names available via trade
He wants to be a 9er
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone