Lynch was handing out CTE like it was Halloween candy 😭 https://t.co/9ZQjABuavp
— Javier Vega (@JavierVeg_) January 26, 2025
There are 635 users in the forums
John Lynch - 49ers GM
Jan 26, 2025 at 5:32 PM
- DRCHOWDER
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,815
Jan 26, 2025 at 6:10 PM
- Digger
- Veteran
- Posts: 300
He was probably getting CTE like he was eating Halloween candy too.
Jan 26, 2025 at 6:30 PM
- glorydayz
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,647
Originally posted by Digger:
He was probably getting CTE like he was eating Halloween candy too.
Brain is well enough to do a job that only has 32 total positions world wide
Jan 26, 2025 at 6:31 PM
- Oilcan
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,764
I'm all for player safety but damn I miss those days.
I could watch Ronnie Lott highlights all day.
I could watch Ronnie Lott highlights all day.
Jan 26, 2025 at 6:32 PM
- glorydayz
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,647
Originally posted by Oilcan:
I'm all for player safety but damn I miss those days.
I could watch Ronnie Lott highlights all day.
THIS
Why don't we take this same approach with tabacco, alcohol, and unhealthy food? People are allowed to make dangerous unhealthy choices everyday.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Jan 26, 2025 at 6:33 PM ]
Jan 26, 2025 at 8:37 PM
- ComeOnDeberg
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,547
I don't know who to blame more for bad drafting over the past 8 years... John Lynch or Shanahan. 9 teams picked before KC traded all the way up from 27th I believe to 10th with ironically the Bills who gave them Mahomes for pick 27 a third round pick, and first round pick the following season. We had the third overall pick and hate bring up bad memories, we picked Solomon Thomas. We needed a QB back then. So Reid and/or the GM and scouting dept saw something in Mahomes. I blame Jed York for the past 8 years of s**tty drafting for picking John Lynch as GM. We just fired Baalke and Chip Kelly. This was no time to bring a guy with no scouting or GM experience. Yes, I am tearing into Lynch.
Jan 26, 2025 at 8:41 PM
- Pillbusta
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,695
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
I don't know who to blame more for bad drafting over the past 8 years... John Lynch or Shanahan. 9 teams picked before KC traded all the way up from 27th I believe to 10th with ironically the Bills who gave them Mahomes for pick 27 a third round pick, and first round pick the following season. We had the third overall pick and hate bring up bad memories, we picked Solomon Thomas. We needed a QB back then. So Reid and/or the GM and scouting dept saw something in Mahomes. I blame Jed York for the past 8 years of s**tty drafting for picking John Lynch as GM. We just fired Baalke and Chip Kelly. This was no time to bring a guy with no scouting or GM experience. Yes, I am tearing into Lynch.
Actually Lynch told Kyle to come look at this Mahomes kid but Kyle was so locked into getting Kirk goddamn Cousins next offseason with his dumb ass and I was wanting us to select Mahomes since we had just given Kap the boot
Jan 26, 2025 at 8:42 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,458
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Lynch was handing out CTE like it was Halloween candy 😭 https://t.co/9ZQjABuavp
— Javier Vega (@JavierVeg_) January 26, 2025
So many personal foul flags. If someone hit Mahomes like that, Goodell would have them executed by firing squad as a halftime show.
Jan 26, 2025 at 8:46 PM
- ComeOnDeberg
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,547
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
I don't know who to blame more for bad drafting over the past 8 years... John Lynch or Shanahan. 9 teams picked before KC traded all the way up from 27th I believe to 10th with ironically the Bills who gave them Mahomes for pick 27 a third round pick, and first round pick the following season. We had the third overall pick and hate bring up bad memories, we picked Solomon Thomas. We needed a QB back then. So Reid and/or the GM and scouting dept saw something in Mahomes. I blame Jed York for the past 8 years of s**tty drafting for picking John Lynch as GM. We just fired Baalke and Chip Kelly. This was no time to bring a guy with no scouting or GM experience. Yes, I am tearing into Lynch.
Actually Lynch told Kyle to come look at this Mahomes kid but Kyle was so locked into getting Kirk goddamn Cousins next offseason with his dumb ass and I was wanting us to select Mahomes since we had just given Kap the boot
Kyle is supposed to coach and let the GM do his job. If Lynch is bowing down to Kyle's demands then that explains the major problems this team is having.
Jan 26, 2025 at 8:50 PM
- DRCHOWDER
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,815
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Lynch was handing out CTE like it was Halloween candy 😭 https://t.co/9ZQjABuavp
— Javier Vega (@JavierVeg_) January 26, 2025
So many personal foul flags. If someone hit Mahomes like that, Goodell would have them executed by firing squad as a halftime show.
live execution in Arrowhead definitely.
Jan 26, 2025 at 8:55 PM
- glorydayz
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,647
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
I don't know who to blame more for bad drafting over the past 8 years... John Lynch or Shanahan. 9 teams picked before KC traded all the way up from 27th I believe to 10th with ironically the Bills who gave them Mahomes for pick 27 a third round pick, and first round pick the following season. We had the third overall pick and hate bring up bad memories, we picked Solomon Thomas. We needed a QB back then. So Reid and/or the GM and scouting dept saw something in Mahomes. I blame Jed York for the past 8 years of s**tty drafting for picking John Lynch as GM. We just fired Baalke and Chip Kelly. This was no time to bring a guy with no scouting or GM experience. Yes, I am tearing into Lynch.
Actually Lynch told Kyle to come look at this Mahomes kid but Kyle was so locked into getting Kirk goddamn Cousins next offseason with his dumb ass and I was wanting us to select Mahomes since we had just given Kap the boot
Kyle is supposed to coach and let the GM do his job. If Lynch is bowing down to Kyle's demands then that explains the major problems this team is having.
Kyle controls the 53. Look at their contracts.
Lynch doesn't have the power we think he has
Jan 26, 2025 at 9:13 PM
- Pillbusta
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,695
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Kyle is supposed to coach and let the GM do his job. If Lynch is bowing down to Kyle's demands then that explains the major problems this team is having.
Lynch says he defers to Kyle as far as the QB position goes. Well Kyle sure screwed that up. I was never enamored with Kirk Cousins
Jan 26, 2025 at 9:32 PM
- ComeOnDeberg
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,547
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Kyle is supposed to coach and let the GM do his job. If Lynch is bowing down to Kyle's demands then that explains the major problems this team is having.
Lynch says he defers to Kyle as far as the QB position goes. Well Kyle sure screwed that up. I was never enamored with Kirk Cousins
If the 49ers pick up Cousins in the offseason, Shanahan needs to be fired.
Jan 26, 2025 at 10:20 PM
- frozen49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,867
I don't post much anymore, but am on here at least twice a day. Forgot about the ignore button. This thread just got much better.
Jan 27, 2025 at 10:02 AM
- eastie
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,514
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
I don't know who to blame more for bad drafting over the past 8 years... John Lynch or Shanahan. 9 teams picked before KC traded all the way up from 27th I believe to 10th with ironically the Bills who gave them Mahomes for pick 27 a third round pick, and first round pick the following season. We had the third overall pick and hate bring up bad memories, we picked Solomon Thomas. We needed a QB back then. So Reid and/or the GM and scouting dept saw something in Mahomes. I blame Jed York for the past 8 years of s**tty drafting for picking John Lynch as GM. We just fired Baalke and Chip Kelly. This was no time to bring a guy with no scouting or GM experience. Yes, I am tearing into Lynch.
A bunch of nonsense. KS and JL turned the entire roster over in the first two years. They have consistently fielded playoff caliber teams. Of course there have been misses in the draft. Thats something every team deals with. It's idiotic to say that they are s**tty at building a competitive team.