John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hence "its a fix".

For whom?

It wouldn't be all that different than the yearly points of emphasis we hear about in regards to officiating and certain rules.

For KC of course.

Sure the officiating held back at calling penalties, but in the end the only team that benefited from that was KC.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
For KC of course.

Sure the officiating held back at calling penalties, but in the end the only team that benefited from that was KC.

Then your original question should have been:

'If the league is telling the refs to call fewer penalties in the Super Bowl, in order to benefit the Chiefs, doesn't it make the game fixed.'

I'd agree that would be an attempt to fix the result. Of course there's no evidence that happened and is absurd on a lot of different levels.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Well, the chiefs did win the super bowl and their gm
drafted a new tackle.....

They also drafted a tackle last year and everyone praised them for it and then he couldn't beat out an UDFA OT nearly the whole season to backup two mediocre starting tackles.

Clearly they showed you can win with flaws at tackle. Could do it again.

Yup. I was big on Wanya Morris. He could get better but fact is, drafting these guys alons is no guarantee that the OL will elevate.
To Lynch and company:

Just sign Robert Tunyan (sp) and call it a day. He's also Kittles boy and will be cheap thanks to the Bears absolutely tanking his value. He had a tremendous year with Rogers throwing to him, I think he had 13 Tds
Originally posted by elguapo:
To Lynch and company:

Just sign Robert Tunyan (sp) and call it a day. He's also Kittles boy and will be cheap thanks to the Bears absolutely tanking his value. He had a tremendous year with Rogers throwing to him, I think he had 13 Tds

Last year with GB> 53/470 and only 2 TDs
Originally posted by tommyncal:
To Lynch and company:

Yeah…..I was referring to his pro bowl year. He would be an excellent TE2 on our team. Played in a similar system in GB too.
To Lynch and company:

Yeah…..I was referring to his pro bowl year. He would be an excellent TE2 on our team. Played in a similar system in GB too.

Yea, I like him too. Not sure if it's money, injuries or C Latu as the TE2, lol

Thl go to 9:43. IYKYK
To Lynch and company:

Yea, I like him too. Not sure if it's money, injuries or C Latu as the TE2, lol

To play for the Bears I think he took a contract that wasn't even 3 million, and in my opinion, he's better than the guy we tried getting on Detroit (Wright).
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

That is a seriously impressive interview. Lynch is a special dude.

Originally posted by KiwiM3:

That is a seriously impressive interview. Lynch is a special dude.

Nah, FO is a joke. Fire them and get Nolan and Tomsula, both won championships in the XFL and Germany. They know to win the big game!!!
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Nah, FO is a joke. Fire them and get Nolan and Tomsula, both won championships in the XFL and Germany. They know to win the big game!!!

Steve Wilks and Ryan Pace for the win. They both won a game of Monopoly that one time.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on May 2, 2024 at 8:47 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

They also drafted a tackle last year and everyone praised them for it and then he couldn't beat out an UDFA OT nearly the whole season to backup two mediocre starting tackles.

Clearly they showed you can win with flaws at tackle. Could do it again.

Yup. I was big on Wanya Morris. He could get better but fact is, drafting these guys alons is no guarantee that the OL will elevate.

Correct, but not drafting any tackles guarantees you don't upgrade.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Come on you know he's not going to get to the point of being good enough over the summer. It would be close to a miracle that he does not get Purdy killed next year. Watch the Baltimore and Cleveland games.

Detroit got better the eagles may have gotten better and Rams have had an impressive draft and rebuild. The Packers are up in coming not to mention the Bears. This was our year and we blew it this offseason not addressing the biggest need on this team.

So you thought the Chiefs tackles were "good enough" in the SuperBowl?

You guys bring up a good point, the guys with the really high paid tackles didn't make it to the super bowl.

In fact, we had the highly paid best tackle on the field (Big Trent) during the super bowl and it didn't work out for us either.

Yes, and TW literally brain farted a drive out of scoring range.
  • thl408

There's only one Mississippi. It makes no logical sense to have multiple Mississippis.
Share 49ersWebzone