49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 569 users in the forums

Countdown

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Per matt maiocco

After spending a few hours next to Kyle Shanahan over the past week, I can't imagine there was a better head-coach candidate this year.

Kissing his ass after calling him out last night...LOL. Nice MM.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Any announcements or rumors on time for a press conference yet?

Just want it over and done with. Hoping he doesn't develop "cold feet" or decide he needs to stay in Atlanta for another shot at Superbowl run rather than a rebuild project under the questionable York Regime.

York and Paraag change in direction after last night's game...Tom Cable.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
York and Paraag change in direction after last night's game...Tom Cable.


The game ended in typical NFL post season fashion. Refs helped the pats along. Please don't let the niners change their mind, Shanny could be a good coach, we should be willing to take a chance. What better way for him to get valuable experience then to get humbled in the superbowl. He should learn from his perceived play calling mistakes.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 170,754
Shanahan will choose to remain with the Falcons to right his wrong.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 946
Originally posted by KayFabe:


The game ended in typical NFL post season fashion. Refs helped the pats along. Please don't let the niners change their mind, Shanny could be a good coach, we should be willing to take a chance. What better way for him to get valuable experience then to get humbled in the superbowl. He should learn from his perceived play calling mistakes.
The 49ers are not going to change their mind. Kyle Shanahan is just as good a coach as he was prior to kickoff.

There's plenty of blame to go around and, yes, some of that blame should be centered on Shanahan, as well as Dan Quinn, the players, Atlanta's DC, etc.

If he is going to take all the praise he has received this post-season, as well as the Assistant/Coordinator of the year awards, then he also has to accept criticism as well regardless of whether it is "fair". He's the son of a lifelong coach, understands the business and knows this goes with the territory.

Shanahan has commented that the rough times and challenges he has experienced in his career have helped him be ready to be a HC. This will be the same. If anything, from a 49er perspective, it might be a bit of a good thing assuming he learns from this. Better this happened as the OC of the Falcons than as the HC of the 49ers. It's one last trial by fire before he becomes a HC.

Whether the Falcons won or lost by 20 or fell victim to the biggest comeback in SB history, nothing that happened yesterday should change your mind about getting Shanahan as the 49ers next HC.
Well if he doesn't sign today this thread will be awkward and anticlimactic lol.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,735
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Shanahan will choose to remain with the Falcons to right his wrong.

If that happens....Jed might as well just forfeit the 2017 season.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Per matt maiocco

After spending a few hours next to Kyle Shanahan over the past week, I can't imagine there was a better head-coach candidate this year.

Kissing his ass after calling him out last night...LOL. Nice MM.

It's all about balance.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,735
Originally posted by lamontb:
After this L i think it'll be Tuesday

Give him some time to decide if he wants to go back to ATL to redem himself....LoL
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Well if he doesn't sign today this thread will be awkward and anticlimactic lol.

The guy needs to unwind after a hectic superbowl period and playoffs..clear his head..etc
Even though I don't want this to happen, I almost hope Shanahan changes his mind so I can see all these spoiled f****d up fans berating him because of one quarter have to say then. We will be lucky that Shanahan wants to come here and coach this sorry a** excuse of a team.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 60,541
Originally posted by Ninerblood:
Even though I don't want this to happen, I almost hope Shanahan changes his mind so I can see all these spoiled f****d up fans berating him because of one quarter have to say then. We will be lucky that Shanahan wants to come here and coach this sorry a** excuse of a team.
you obviously want this to happen in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Ninerblood:
Even though I don't want this to happen, I almost hope Shanahan changes his mind so I can see all these spoiled f****d up fans berating him because of one quarter have to say then. We will be lucky that Shanahan wants to come here and coach this sorry a** excuse of a team.
you obviously want this to happen in my opinion
I know I don't... I want him to sign his contract already. I was hoping the Packers would have beat ATL so our offseason can begin! Sign already KS. Please
Hurry the f**k up and make the official announcement already
When is he coming ?
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone