Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 703 users in the forums

If Bellicheat schools Shanahan in the SB do you still want him as HC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If Bellicheat schools Shanahan in the SB do you still want him as HC?

Originally posted by KayFabe:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by GardnervilleDave:
Chip Kelly is still available. I'd put money on it next year that someone will be complaining about Shanahan and wanting him fired after he only wins 5 games.

Assuming we lock up Shanahan and his GM of choice, I'm predicting 5-6 wins next season.

Nobody should be disappointed with only 5 wins next season.

Agree

This disaster wasn't created in one season and certainly won't be changed in one.

I'm going to be optimistic, and expect a harbaugh like turn around. There were some games this year if we scored 5-10 more points we win. So I could see us getting 9 wins next year (Depending on how the NFL schedule makers feel like screwing us this time)

I certainly wouldn't complain but I definitely not expecting it.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by KayFabe:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by GardnervilleDave:
Chip Kelly is still available. I'd put money on it next year that someone will be complaining about Shanahan and wanting him fired after he only wins 5 games.

Assuming we lock up Shanahan and his GM of choice, I'm predicting 5-6 wins next season.

Nobody should be disappointed with only 5 wins next season.

Agree

This disaster wasn't created in one season and certainly won't be changed in one.

I'm going to be optimistic, and expect a harbaugh like turn around. There were some games this year if we scored 5-10 more points we win. So I could see us getting 9 wins next year (Depending on how the NFL schedule makers feel like screwing us this time)

I certainly wouldn't complain but I definitely not expecting it.

JH benefitted from the 2011 lockout that screwed with a lot of teams' offseason...that & there wasn't tape on the Roman offense and Fangio D yet
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,783
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by KayFabe:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by GardnervilleDave:
Chip Kelly is still available. I'd put money on it next year that someone will be complaining about Shanahan and wanting him fired after he only wins 5 games.

Assuming we lock up Shanahan and his GM of choice, I'm predicting 5-6 wins next season.

Nobody should be disappointed with only 5 wins next season.

Agree

This disaster wasn't created in one season and certainly won't be changed in one.

I'm going to be optimistic, and expect a harbaugh like turn around. There were some games this year if we scored 5-10 more points we win. So I could see us getting 9 wins next year (Depending on how the NFL schedule makers feel like screwing us this time)

I certainly wouldn't complain but I definitely not expecting it.

JH benefitted from the 2011 lockout that screwed with a lot of teams' offseason...that & there wasn't tape on the Roman offense and Fangio D yet

I think the win total is irrelevant compared to the eye test. This year we just fell apart in the 2nd half of every game. There was no progress shown on either side of the ball and you went half a season with Gabbert under center, plus Chip had already been a HC with some success anymore and each week it became more evident he was figured out. Plus he lost more games with better talent than Tomsula.

Shanahan I am more worried about QB development and the defense improving as a test of how he is doing as coach next season. In 2018 I want to be in playoff hunt week 15.
Originally posted by nj9er:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by KayFabe:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by GardnervilleDave:
Chip Kelly is still available. I'd put money on it next year that someone will be complaining about Shanahan and wanting him fired after he only wins 5 games.

Assuming we lock up Shanahan and his GM of choice, I'm predicting 5-6 wins next season.

Nobody should be disappointed with only 5 wins next season.

Agree

This disaster wasn't created in one season and certainly won't be changed in one.

I'm going to be optimistic, and expect a harbaugh like turn around. There were some games this year if we scored 5-10 more points we win. So I could see us getting 9 wins next year (Depending on how the NFL schedule makers feel like screwing us this time)

I certainly wouldn't complain but I definitely not expecting it.

JH benefitted from the 2011 lockout that screwed with a lot of teams' offseason...that & there wasn't tape on the Roman offense and Fangio D yet

I think the win total is irrelevant compared to the eye test. This year we just fell apart in the 2nd half of every game. There was no progress shown on either side of the ball and you went half a season with Gabbert under center, plus Chip had already been a HC with some success anymore and each week it became more evident he was figured out. Plus he lost more games with better talent than Tomsula.

Shanahan I am more worried about QB development and the defense improving as a test of how he is doing as coach next season. In 2018 I want to be in playoff hunt week 15.

I will want to see what I wanted to see last year. Improvements in overall offense and defense statistically, a significant reduction in point differential and a FQB candidate.
It would definitely say he can't win the big game just like Harbaugh. And I know we don't regret getting rid of Harbaugh. He said with extreme sarcasm.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,286
Personally, I don't want Kyle.. too young to build a team.. he'll be out of here in 3 years..

but if he truly is our coach now, then I'll have to support him the way I did The Stash, and Machine Gun Kelly..
smh at this question.
This game has no bearing on how much I want Shanahan. He's been my choice since we fired Chip Kelly and whatever happens in the Super Bowl won't change that.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by KayFabe:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by GardnervilleDave:
Chip Kelly is still available. I'd put money on it next year that someone will be complaining about Shanahan and wanting him fired after he only wins 5 games.

Assuming we lock up Shanahan and his GM of choice, I'm predicting 5-6 wins next season.

Nobody should be disappointed with only 5 wins next season.

Agree

This disaster wasn't created in one season and certainly won't be changed in one.

I'm going to be optimistic, and expect a harbaugh like turn around. There were some games this year if we scored 5-10 more points we win. So I could see us getting 9 wins next year (Depending on how the NFL schedule makers feel like screwing us this time)

I certainly wouldn't complain but I definitely not expecting it.
Don't expect it either. With Harbaugh we already had a pretty stacked o-line, solid defense with a lot of experienced all-pros in the making.
This squad seems to have a stacked o-line but the defense is talented at best, very few experienced all-pros in the making. No Alex Smith.

However, we needed a pass-rush back then as well.
What? Seriously who cares. Bellichick school literally everyone he crosses paths with.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,847
Originally posted by 9moon:
Personally, I don't want Kyle.. too young to build a team.. he'll be out of here in 3 years..

but if he truly is our coach now, then I'll have to support him the way I did The Stash, and Machine Gun Kelly..

I'm trying real hard to hold in my laugh, bro, real hard
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,847
If he gets schooled, I'm blaming this thread...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,847
I wonder what (cheating) ideas Belichick is trying to scheme up at this time... what new [gate] will he conjure up, I ponder

Obviously, the league and all the coaching staffs are on to his style and are cautious... I think Billy Boy is running out of good ones that can easily slip by / be fought and won in court.

I guarantee he's wetting his Depends right about now. He doesn't have a solid defense with HOF talent like the one that barely beat the Greatest Show On Turf with a FG (by the greatest kicker alive).

This Atlanta offense can score like that Rams team (or better). I wonder what old Billy Boy and Brady gonna do...

Patsies' best DBs will get s**t down their throats and Freeman gonna run all over that defense. Luckily, for Patsies, the Falcons' D isn't all that great. It's gonna be a doozy, son, gonna be a doozy.
So, if the Falcons lose to what is arguably the best coaching combo since Walsh and Montana, he's a failure? Um, okay....
heck yeah... one of the best coaches that was offered this offseasone. what I can't believe a few people voted no
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone