LISTEN: 49ers Drafted For Now And The Future →

There are 97 users in the forums

New GM Search, Rumors, and all other points of interest

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New GM Search, Rumors, and all other points of interest

Originally posted by Predator85:
Originally posted by Brewcrew:
Mike Nolan the man can spot talent say what you want to say but when he was here the team made big strides in the talent level from Willis to Justin smith take a moment and think about how many players he added in his short tenure.

His problems is drafting project players and moving them to different positions. M Rob and Walker are the only ones that worked. He's good as a scout, but not the trigger man.
Well we can use all the eyes we can get cause the idiots looking for talent as of now suck! All hands on deck!
Originally posted by Follower:
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Originally posted by Follower:
Originally posted by Crown:
We all need to understand that with Paraage having a role in this there isn't true culture change coming.
Likely not a GM with real power being installed.

This is the issue.

It's one of the two issues. But neither is likely to be resolved the way we want.

You're right.... but the other issue may not be solved in our lifetime. Paraag is solvable.

Where does everyone come out with Paraag having any control over the teams composition ? His job is as a negotiator, statistician, and cap guy. If he does that job well his work is critical with our future cap management. I won't hold it against him if he's a tough negotiator, because after he signs someone that leaves us more cash for our other needs.
Here's a Louis Riddick tidbit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLbk8sHkKjc

Hes a TV guy now. Hasn't worked in player personnel in 3 + years.
The first question asked of Jed tomorrow should be what exactly makes him think he's qualified to choose a GM much less a coach, and if the thought has even crossed his mind to hire someone to make these decisions.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
The first question asked of Jed tomorrow should be what exactly makes him think he's qualified to choose a GM much less a coach, and if the thought has even crossed his mind to hire someone to make these decisions.

We have a winner.

Why anyone has any hope Jed will magically grow up and set things right is beyond me. I would love to be wrong, but I doubt it.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

You know the answer, and his name rhymes with rag.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
For what it's worth Louis Riddick had Jack Conklin OT as our pick

Buckner and Conklin are solid players either way.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D_Niner:

I like him a lot

Seems like the sharpest guy on whatever show he is on. Hasn't gotten a gm shot yet.
Nobody from the Parcells tree please
An article with people specified that "who deserve a look" as GM's:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/12/15/nfl-general-manager-candidates-2017

"Chiefs VP of player personnel Chris Ballard":

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-bears-gm-candidate-chris-ballard-20150106-story.html

""He understands coaches," Gabriel said. "He understands how coaches think. And now, having been in the scouting business for 14-15 years, he understands how the scouting process works and how scouts think. And really, to be a good leader and a good general manager, you have to understand both sides of the story and you've got to be able to put it together and you've got to be able to please people."".

Site Commentor:
"While I'd prefer Accorsi myself, Ballard may be the guy! I read Bill Parcells' autobiography (Parcells: A Football Life) and, in the book, he basically said that the qualifications to be a good general manager must include previous experience as a coach, scout and/or former player. Ballard served as a reputable scout and coached at the college level; therefore, having experience at two of the three, I'm convinced that he is a "football guy"...".

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by D_Niner:

I like him a lot

Seems like the sharpest guy on whatever show he is on. Hasn't gotten a gm shot yet.

That kind of logic is what got Matt Millen hired in Detroit.
Could Ballard get us Poe and Berry?
This was just the beginning of the Harbaugh curse ... over/under on 70 years like the Cubs curse?
Originally posted by jreff22:

This....that's for damn sure!
Originally posted by VA9erfan:
Originally posted by jreff22:

This....that's for damn sure!

Never thought the tuna was any good.
Share 49ersWebzone