LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 184 users in the forums

Who's a Part of The Rebuild & Who's Out?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Now that the season is pretty much done, who do you think will stay and who do you think will be apart of the rebuild?

= Out
= 50/50
= Staying

Arik Armstead – I see a jump in production

Ray-Ray Armstrong – But will battle for playing time as I'm sure we'll be drafting ILB. Definitely we need to draft high at this position

Alex Balducci – PS

Marcus Ball – Maybe call him back on the PS

Zane Beadles – Cannot see him gone with the versatility he's put on film. Likely will push Martin off the roster. (Kilgore could get pushed too.) But I still think Tiller is better. In any case he should be our top swing guy, the first one off the bench in case of injury.

Blake Bell – Simply not impressed at all

Nick Bellore – Still a ST ace. And can play ILB in an emergency (which this whole season was)

Antoine Bethea – I think Tartt should replace him. But I would not be surprised to see him stay. His willingness to play LB could prove valuable. True 50/50 on this one

Ronald Blair – Probably pushes TJE out

Navorro Bowman – His partner needs to be drafted. Either move back into the first or get one in the 2nd round

Carl Bradford –

Tramaine Brock – Robinson will make him expendable. Look for a trade here

Ahmad Brooks – Depends on who we bring in and how early we draft at this position. Drafting high at OLB, or bringing in a big name OLB or drafting high at OLB spells the end Brooks as a 9er. If not I cannot see him going anywhere. True 50/50

Trent Brown – Joe Staley's successor

DeForest Buckner – I'm predicting a pro bowl season in 2017. A cornerstone for this team

Aaron Burbridge – Really didn't see enough of him to judge. Leaning towards keeping, but will have to compete

Tank Carradine – Time for this experiment to end. Let this man go to a 4-3 team

Garrett Celek – But I don't like it. But he's signed to 2020 with $3.5 mil in guarantees. Don't see him going anywhere. Hope he's traded.

Marcus Cromartie – Name-sake can't save you
Chris Davis – I think he was our top slot CB before being injured. It'll be foolish to let him walk

Mike Davis – Really not sure, but leaning towards cut. Not as productive as Draughn or Harris.

Phil Dawson – Should be a lock. Why wouldn't we resign him?

Quinton Dial – See his contract. Signed to 2020 with $5 mil in guarantees

Glenn Dorsey – But we still address this position in the draft and/or FA

Shaun Draughn – More productive and durable that M. Davis, that's for sure

Jim Dray – Who?

Bruce Ellington – Just too injured too often with not enough production to justify a roster pot

Blaine Gabbert – Need no explanation.

Andrew Gardner – Just a roster body

Josh Garnett – But must improve

Je'Ron Hamm –

Eli Harold – Simply not productive

Chris Harper – Showed me nothing

DuJuan Harris – Leaning towards keeping.

Gerald Hodges – Don't know what the deal is between he and the coaching staff but he's put good play on film

Carlos Hyde –

Prince Charles Iworah – But back on the PS

Tony Jerod-Eddie – See Ronald Blair

Dontae Johnson – Bubble. I really like this guy. But Robinson is really gonna cause some roster problems for bubble guys. He has to show in camp if he's not cut outright, especially given his cap hit won't be large

Chris Jones – Cannot see us letting him go. He came right in and was at least solid

Colin Kaepernick – Don't care what people say, we should bring him back

Jeremy Kerley –

Daniel Kilgore –

Thad Lewis – Depends on Chip. If Chip is here Lewis stays as a fall back. Otherwise he out.

Aaron Lynch –

Marcus Martin – With the proven versatility of Beadles I cannot see him staying

Vance McDonald – But I think that was a mistake to commit to him. This is fool-gold

Wynton McManis – Practice squad

Kyle Nelson –

Quinton Patton – Not gonna keep him and Kerley

Bradley Pinion – But look to upgrade.

Christian Ponder – Should have NEVER been signed

Mike Purcell – Total liability

Keith Reaser –

Will Redmond – But barely.

Eric Reid –

Rashard Robinson – !! And will be a full time starter in 2017. Will be a core guy on the team

Eric Rogers – But leaning towards gone

JaCorey Shepherd –
Shayne Skov –

DeAndre Smelter – Actually this is a little difficult. Don't think we've had much to go on to really gage him. Leaning towards keeping to compete

Torrey Smith – But this position needs talent so look for us to upgrade in the draft or FA

Joe Staley –

Rod Streater – But leaning towards keeping to compete for a roster spot

Jaquiski Tartt – And should be a full time starter in 2017

John Theus –
Andrew Tiller – And really don't understand why he hasn't played more. The next coaching staff would be fools to let him walk

Jimmie Ward –

Michael Wilhoite – Just not good enough

– 26

– 11

– 32

Trent Baalke - from being within 1000 miles of the team

Don't think anybody on the current PS will be returning. Maybe DiAndre Campbell.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Dec 28, 2016 at 5:33 PM ]
Great job i like the choices there
Eli Harold is 22 years old in basically his rookie season. Why would we get rid of him?
great format
I agree with most of what you wrote. I agree Harold should be brought back, as a back up though. Kap is a MUST GO to me, and Pinion is not going to be upgraded at all, he's the punter no matter what, barring injury of course. To me, Bethea and Brooks should be gone, no matter what. They are not core players, or long term players, so we might as well let the kids play, and see what we have in them. Tartt should take over for Bethea, and hopefully we get Garrett at #2 to replace Brooks.
Love this...WAY more entertaining than mine.

Just a few disagreements (as of today) in Bell, Burbridge, Harold & Reaser.

All in all, that's very similar to what I have.
expansion team 2002 houston texans had a better season than us

cut every single player and start over
Only ones I disagree with are :

JaCorey Shepherd- not spectacular but solid. This is a plus considering how shakey KO returns were for a couple of years

John Theus- kinda early to give up on him. Was a little antsy Sunday but played pretty well against a decent Ram D-line

Harold - No one is going to mistake him for Fred Dean or Charles Haley but he seems to have improved against the run. Could be a decent backup.

Maybe I'm grading against the curve which means these 3 are just better than some of the rest of this sucky team
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
This is awesome!

9erslifer...coaching staff. Your take?
Originally posted by Heroism:
Eli Harold is 22 years old in basically his rookie season. Why would we get rid of him?
Simple: He hasn't produced. I don't care how old he is.

Disagree on Eric Rogers, we haven't had a chance to see him before his pre-season injury he was climbing up the depth chart although it was in the spring. Rooting for smelter but, there's no way you can say not enough to gage from him who's going on his 3rd year here and a man that never got a chance to see past July in his 1st
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Simple: He hasn't produced. I don't care how old he is.

wow, this is stupid logic. players need to be coached up and developed. The majority of players come into the NFL raw and under developed because of how watered down the game is in college. using your terribly flawed logic, you would have given up on guys like vic beasley, melvin ingram, dee ford, olivier vernon, and ton of young players that took a year or two to make strides and realize their potential.

the turn over in the NFL would be insane if teams gave up on a player after one season. lmao
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 28, 2016 at 9:57 PM ]
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
keep Ahmad Brooks and Antoine Behtea and move both to inside linebacker rotation
Originally posted by NCommand:
Love this...WAY more entertaining than mine.

Just a few disagreements (as of today) in Bell, Burbridge, Harold & Reaser.

All in all, that's very similar to what I have.
Thanx. But Harold as a backup? Maybe. But I just think fro his draft status we should be seeing more than just improvements in the run game.

Originally posted by Sourball:
Only ones I disagree with are :

JaCorey Shepherd- not spectacular but solid. This is a plus considering how shakey KO returns were for a couple of years

John Theus- kinda early to give up on him. Was a little antsy Sunday but played pretty well against a decent Ram D-line

Harold - No one is going to mistake him for Fred Dean or Charles Haley but he seems to have improved against the run. Could be a decent backup.

Maybe I'm grading against the curve which means these 3 are just better than some of the rest of this sucky team
I thought about Shepherd as well. But he's only here due to injury. If Ellington or Davis are healthy Shepherd wouldn't be in the conversation, not even on the roster.

Originally posted by Morgan49:
This is awesome!

9erslifer...coaching staff. Your take?
Personally, I think we should just start over. Chips scheme, while it creates space and gets WR's open, it simply won't work at the pro level. I know he's only been here a year, and frankly I cannot totally blame him for the record. 85% of that is on Dork (for his decisions) and Baalke (for his terrible roster). It's just that his scheme will never fit the current personnel, much less than have success against other NFL teams. So hiring Chip was bad from the beginning.

Now, I honestly don't think the Dorks will fire Chip. If so, this team will be suffering for the next 5 years. Why? Because Chip will have heavy influence on the draft. That would mean that that team will have mixture of Baalke and Chip guys, which means Chip STILL won't have all that he needs to fully run his college system. But I cannot imagine the Dorks putting up with another losing season from Chip, even if Chip probably would need more time. Which means another coach will be brought in to have to deal with a mixed roster, and the whole process starts again.

I understand the idea of keeping him. But that could be even worse long term.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Thanx. But Harold as a backup? Maybe. But I just think fro his draft status we should be seeing more than just improvements in the run game.

I thought about Shepherd as well. But he's only here due to injury. If Ellington or Davis are healthy Shepherd wouldn't be in the conversation, not even on the roster.

Personally, I think we should just start over. Chips scheme, while it creates space and gets WR's open, it simply won't work at the pro level. I know he's only been here a year, and frankly I cannot totally blame him for the record. 85% of that is on Dork (for his decisions) and Baalke (for his terrible roster). It's just that his scheme will never fit the current personnel, much less than have success against other NFL teams. So hiring Chip was bad from the beginning.

Now, I honestly don't think the Dorks will fire Chip. If so, this team will be suffering for the next 5 years. Why? Because Chip will have heavy influence on the draft. That would mean that that team will have mixture of Baalke and Chip guys, which means Chip STILL won't have all that he needs to fully run his college system. But I cannot imagine the Dorks putting up with another losing season from Chip, even if Chip probably would need more time. Which means another coach will be brought in to have to deal with a mixed roster, and the whole process starts again.

I understand the idea of keeping him. But that could be even worse long term.

Couldn't agree more about Kelly.
Share 49ersWebzone