LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

RIP Larry Roberts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Damn. 53.
I've been looking for this. RIP.

Certain names you hear and you just smile, remembering how great it was. I really never thought it would end.
Damn that sucks!!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I read the poor guy lost both legs to diabetes. It is so strange how a guy can go from the physical prowess of being an NFL player to being in poor health that would be associated with someone much older.
[ Edited by BobS on Dec 7, 2016 at 7:45 AM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by BobS:
I read the poor guy lost both legs to diabetes. It is so strange how a guy can go from the physical prowess of being an NFL player to being in poor health that would be associated with someone much older.

Diabetes is such an under-rated, destructive killer. Sad thing is, though it is sometimes genetically linked, many who suffer are the result of unhealthy lifestyle choices. I'm not suggesting that is the case with Roberts, just making the comment.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:

Diabetes is such an under-rated, destructive killer. Sad thing is, though it is sometimes genetically linked, many who suffer are the result of unhealthy lifestyle choices. I'm not suggesting that is the case with Roberts, just making the comment.
I have had diabetes for a dozen years I was in pretty good shape when I got it, my father had it in his early 40's also. My mother who always ate right and was skinny her whole life had high cholesterol. My grandmother who ate what we would call heart attack on a plate 3 meals a day. Breakfast was pancakes and sausage, lunch was fried chicken, biscuits with mashed potatoes and gravy, dinner roast beef, gravy, baked potatoes with sour cream and butter. Piece of cake for desert, and a late slice of piece before bedtime. Grandma lived 45 days short of 99 and was living alone until she hit 97. She "took up" playing golf at 88 years old.
RIP Larry. Way too young to leave us. Such great memories of those years.

I have had diabetes for a dozen years I was in pretty good shape when I got it, my father had it in his early 40's also. My mother who always ate right and was skinny her whole life had high cholesterol. My grandmother who ate what we would call heart attack on a plate 3 meals a day. Breakfast was pancakes and sausage, lunch was fried chicken, biscuits with mashed potatoes and gravy, dinner roast beef, gravy, baked potatoes with sour cream and butter. Piece of cake for desert, and a late slice of piece before bedtime. Grandma lived 45 days short of 99 and was living alone until she hit 97. She "took up" playing golf at 88 years old.
Sounds like my wife's Grandma. A plate of bacon for breakfast, salted everything, ate fatty foods all day,tipsy drinker and lived till 4 days short of her 100th birthday.
Genes are everything. stress too plays a big part.
My wifes family wears their emotions on their sleeves and their blood pressure never goes up.
My family holds their tongues and lets the rage simmer inside and all have high blood pressure.
RIP Larry

Agree

This sure helps me count my blessings.
RIP Mr Roberts. Sad.

Share 49ersWebzone