There are 249 users in the forums

Ricky Watters?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Quick question. Does anybody know why Ricky Watters in not on the post game show?
Thanks.
For who? For what?

jk.. I love Ricky "running" Watters. I don't know why he's not on the postgame show.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Which post game show?
Wtf
Originally posted by 9moon:
Which post game show?

I'm assuming he means the postgame on CSN Bay Area
He's came out of retirement
Originally posted by SofaKing:
For who? For what?

jk.. I love Ricky "running" Watters. I don't know why he's not on the postgame show.

You know, he's been ostracized because of this attitude and other similar incidents, but with all the health concerns these days you'd think his statement would be re-contextualized with 2016 sensibilities.
Yeah, miss that guy's comments. He keeps it real like the other non-49er employees.
  • JEXIT
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He's came out of retirement

Championship!
Should've been in the Hall of Fame before Faulk...

but since Marshall got the NFL Network gig years back.....someone pulled some strings.

not that I feel Marshall shouldn't be in the HOF.... not just before Watters or Roger.

Had we kept this guy, do we win another one in the 90s? I always believed we would have won another one 95-97 if we hadn't let him go to Philly.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Should've been in the Hall of Fame before Faulk...

but since Marshall got the NFL Network gig years back.....someone pulled some strings.

not that I feel Marshall shouldn't be in the HOF.... not just before Watters or Roger.

Marshall was the best of the three...Watters #2 and then Roger.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Had we kept this guy, do we win another one in the 90s? I always believed we would have won another one 95-97 if we hadn't let him go to Philly.

to this day, I fully believe the 49ers went personal with this guy and Deion...

We let the guy walk believing that Derek Loville and Bar None (a freakin FB) can duplicate Watters all around talent... oh by the way, the whole coaching staff sat and all agreed that Loville and Adam Walker would be equal to Watters production under a much chaper price.

Then, we didn't want to hurt Jerry Rice's ego that someone else can be as BIG AS HIM so we let PRIME TIME go... and the bone head idea of signing MARQUEZ "PASS INTERFERENCE" POPE and Alfred "Cry Baby" Williams...
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

to this day, I fully believe the 49ers went personal with this guy and Deion...

We let the guy walk believing that Derek Loville and Bar None (a freakin FB) can duplicate Watters all around talent... oh by the way, the whole coaching staff sat and all agreed that Loville and Adam Walker would be equal to Watters production under a much chaper price.

Then, we didn't want to hurt Jerry Rice's ego that someone else can be as BIG AS HIM so we let PRIME TIME go... and the bone head idea of signing MARQUEZ "PASS INTERFERENCE" POPE and Alfred "Cry Baby" Williams...

yup, I love Jerry as much as anyone but still remember that scathing interview he gave when he cussed out the media for not giving enough credit to the other DBs. He really had personal issues with Deion.

Derek Loville was so painful to watch...I really wanted to give him a chance but it seems like his career long run was 3 yards.
Share 49ersWebzone