There are 165 users in the forums

Is it time to trade Joe Staley?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is it time to trade Joe Staley?

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by NoelC:
He needa to go. Hes old now. Get what you can for him.

And who plays LT? It's one thing to move Bow when you have foster there but who's taking over Staley's spot?

Brown

We've discussed this and how it wasn't smart to move an elite RT from his natural spot
This, that's so stupid. Brown is playing at an all-pro level so why mess that up? The next LT is in the draft
lol, no.
Trading Staley would be crazy with no heir apparent in the wings . Yeah I get that we could slide Trenton over there probably. Then who takes over at RT? I can see shifting those two at some point. But until we have what we think is a blue chip tackle ready to slide in... Staley stays.
Originally posted by AlexCat49er:
What is the point of keeping Staley?

Keeping any young QB we use in the next few years upright and alive...
Originally posted by mojave45:
Trading Staley would be crazy with no heir apparent in the wings . Yeah I get that we could slide Trenton over there probably. Then who takes over at RT? I can see shifting those two at some point. But until we have what we think is a blue chip tackle ready to slide in... Staley stays.

At least we have foster to take over for Bow. But whos in for staley? gilliam
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by mojave45:

At least we have foster to take over for Bow. But whos in for staley? gilliam

I'm completely against trading Joe UNLESS someone offers a first rounder or a second and third. Basically, it has to be an offer that accelerates this rebuild by giving us premium draft picks.

We aren't winning more than 2-4 games this season anyway, so if some team is desperate enough to upgrade their Oline, we might as well take advantage of them and invest in the future.
  • bvc49
  • Veteran
Yes. He is so over rated we will score something nice
  • NoelC
  • Veteran
We've discussed this and how it wasn't smart to move an elite RT from his natural spot

Hes not elite....yet.

Hes not elite....yet.

He made PFF's All-NFL team at RT for the first quarter of the season...

Top 10 pass blocker and run blocker so far.

• NoelC
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Ok but that still doesnt mean "elite"
Originally posted by Niners99:

Ok but that still doesnt mean "elite"

Elite is subjective. Is elite best in the league only? Is it top 5? Top 10? He's arguably the best RT in football right now, so id say that qualifies as elite...
IMO when you've got a solid LT you don't dump him no matter how bad your team. The last thing you want is to risk your QB's blind side.

http://nfltraderumors.co/browns-no-intention-trading-lt-joe-thomas/
[ Edited by hummbabybear on Oct 21, 2017 at 8:43 AM ]
Gilliam plays on short yardage and Goaline now and I liked way I saw from LT Darrell Williams in pre season (similar flash that caught my eye on T.Brown initially).

But this avenue and every avenue would and probably is explored at this stage of a rebuild.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 21, 2017 at 9:35 AM ]
Nope. Even a year later it's still not that time yet. I hope he can hold on long enough for the pieces to come together to become a championship contender again. The coaching staff and FO are in place, just need to keep restocking the roster.
Share 49ersWebzone