Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 671 users in the forums

STOP GOING TO GAMES

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kense:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Exactly Levis isn't anything special. Looks like it belongs with the roller coasters across the street. Doesn't look like a football stadium to me. Wait til you the Vikings stadium tonight. Better yet wait til you see the Rams new stadium down here by me. I will get to see us every year there.

I've been to Levi's and I"m not impressed. It looks generic it feels like an expansion team stadium. Yeah Yea the Nostalgia of the stick, but it's real, that stadium when the fog rolls in and the darkness of it, it was perfect for football. I don't care about wheat grass on the roof or club lounges.

Sacred ground. I know it was a dump but like Clark said our dump. They should have restructured it like Green Bay did to Lambau field and like the Bears did to Soldier field.
Stupid Yorks have torn down a once great franchise and turned it into a dumpster fire
Originally posted by Kense:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Season tickets are all sold out

Those are Corporate seats, sold to billion dollar tech companies who use them for company raffles and other purposes. I know because they invited us down before the stadium was built for a tour of the construction site and to talk PSL's and prices. I had section 24 seats at Candlestick and paid $2000 per season for them. When they moved they gave me the honor of being able to buy them for $8000 for the season. WOW what a deal not only could I drive another 1.5 hours in traffic I now pay 4 times as much for a shi*ttier product. THANKS JED!!!!!!

Because you had an SBL (term 49ers use) pitch appointment that means whoever bought SBLs are just "corporate seats"?

First of all, the preview you had was to try and get you to buy club seats, which if you declined you were still offered opportunity to get seats you were "allotted" based roughly on where your seats were at Candlestick. Second, trust me there are LOTS of individuals who bought club seats, "regular" joes who make decent money and wanted good seats. Yes some might have a small business and they worked it in as a tax deduction, but the true big dog corporations most likely have the Legacy Club seats or suites.

Miles-wise I drive further to SC than I did SF, but it takes WAY less time both in traffic to/from and in/out of the stadium...they actually listened and put a new gate in Green Lot 1 which they open after the game which makes getting out onto GA Pkwy much easier. And oh yeah, the Stick was a dump.
I go to away games only
You could always boycott the other events at the stadium.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
They lose their tickets because it's a violation of their contract. Not sure why anyone would buy SBL's if they weren't actual fans of the team but it's pretty obvious that's the case considering how many Cowboy fans were there yesterday.

I do know a fair amount of people who were under the impression that they could sell a few home games per year to help offset the cot of the tickets and SBLs but the poor product on the field has really hurt the secondary market for tickets.
When did the last NFL owner go bankrupt?
f**k Ass Stadium

Long live the Stick

  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 170,697
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
uh............... too late?


There hasnt been a single picture of the "empty stadium" that was actually taken when the stadium was at its peak during whatever game people post pictures to try to illustrate that no one goes. The stadium is ALWAYS much more full than people claim.

Show me s similar picture of the Packers, Patriots, Hawks, etc.... I've seen these empty stadium pics from different times during a game. This was taken right before kickoff.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
f**k Ass Stadium

Long live the Stick


I miss that POS.
Man, some of you guys! The Niners were a great team for one decade. Before that they never won the big games. And since then they had a brief flame out of three years that didn't get them the trophy. As for candlestick, oh yeah, I sure do miss wading into the bathroom and standing in water/piss while I waited my turn to contribute to the flooding.
What a f**ked up fan base we have.....

Letting opposing team fans fill Levi's stadium or booing has a bigger effect on 49er players than it does the Yorks. There is NO reason not to support Chip and the players. There is not a single player on the roster that is not worth cheering for!

They may be severely lacking talent, but they are high character guys that play clean football with few bonehead mistakes. If Baalke had maybe used some of that $45M in cap space to add a few top-end free-agents this offseason, we'd probably be winning.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i miss the fans at the stick. giggity

FTFY. f**k that dump though, so glad to have a nice new stadium minus the terrible atmosphere.

May have been a dump but it was a glorious dump. It's where we formed some of the best memories ever in 49ers history.
Plus the fans and atmosphere was way better. Too many fkn weirdos now at the games.
Not the same vibe. Nothing like rolling into the stick on a cloudy overcast morning
Originally posted by eastie:
Man, some of you guys! The Niners were a great team for one decade. Before that they never won the big games. And since then they had a brief flame out of three years that didn't get them the trophy. As for candlestick, oh yeah, I sure do miss wading into the bathroom and standing in water/piss while I waited my turn to contribute to the flooding.

Two decades. 80's & 90's. Hell in the 90's we didn't have one losing season until 99. Made the playoffs every yr but two.
80's Bill came in and did his damn thing too.
Utah give me two! Two decades
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone