There are 180 users in the forums

When will Kaep get a start?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Kaep get a start?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Actually he kinda had no choice to keep Kap on the roster since he couldn't pass a physical before April 1st, his salary became guaranteed. Imagine if he did pass that physical, he would've been gone, he wouldn't have looked so skinny and teams probably would've gave up more than a 3rd or 4th round pick.

One thing is for sure, if the team ends the season with a sub par record, either Baalke or Kap will be gone. If Baalke isn't fired then I bet he would want to get rid of Kaps salary asap. if Baalke is fired, Kap may give the team a team-friendly restructure IMO, why, I just think the relationship between Baalke and Kap really isn't good behind closed doors.
Probably Kap would do that since no other team in the NFL is going to want this guy on their roster and I'm thinking he knows this already from feedback everywhere about just this point; just too much outside of football stuff going on, plus the old time owners will not fly with the lack of respect for the anthem, which many have already put out in print..etc..

That is true, I heard on ESPN Radio a while back when this all started that team executives around the NFL frown upon what Kaepernick is doing.
I think it is obvious Kelly knows Kap will be running more which is why they want him to get bigger, stronger and faster. We won't see him until he is at least 225.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I think it is obvious Kelly knows Kap will be running more which is why they want him to get bigger, stronger and faster. We won't see him until he is at least 225.

Start feeding this man some steaks!
  • dj43
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
This is starting to get ridiculous, Kelly claims Kap isn't ready to start because he is not 100% ready physically, which is understandable, but Kap not 100% is still better than Gabbert! He is going to wait until the playoffs are out of reach to give Kap a shot! f**king s**t

The playoffs were out of reach in Week 1.

Anyone who thinks that Kaepernick is going to ride in and save the day after resembling an undrafted quarterback from Appalachian State in half his games last year is purely delusional.

Odds are it will be more inconsistent play, more offensive struggles and then Christian Ponder will get his turn to suck as well.

I'm giving Kap the benefit of the doubt here, though he seemingly doesn't deserve one with his poor play in 2015. Assuming injuries and crap O-line play really hurt him last year, I think he can come in and at least play to his 2014 levels, which is better than Blaine Gabbert. Blaine is stinking it up with pretty good pass protection. A fully healthy Kap should spark the offense, do wonders for Torrey Smith, and help out the run game (since defenses will be keying in on him). The only negatives that I see are that Vance McDonald will probably never get going this season with Kap throwing passes at him and we will probably be bad, but not bad enough to secure a top-3 pick to be in a position to draft a QB next year.

While he may be somewhat more of a threat in the run game, I don't expect it would be measurable. Gabbert has had some very good runs both from RO and scrambles, however, most teams have figured out how to defend the QB running. Even if he gets back to his playing weight, he won't look like the guy from 4 years ago. The league has moved on from that defensively.
Originally posted by awp8912:
Hilarious. All off-season, Gabbert this, and Gabbert that. Essays written on the guy and now the "expert" wisdom that was wrong time and time again is trying to convince us all Kap is garbage too!!

....Yeah as if there is an ounce of credibility left from all that Gabbert talking up all off-season that many of us and the rest of the world already knew was false.

Only difference between Gabbert and Kap right now is, Gabbert is playing and making mistakes. What, do you think Kap is not gonna make any mistakes and all of a sudden light the world on fire after a year off?? You think Kelly's offense is gonna magically make him an elite QB with this defense backing him up??

No. I and the rest of the world that didn't think for one second Gabbert was anything more than a bust, think the Oline which hasn't been this good since 2013 will make Kap 10x better than Gabbert........cause ya know that's kind of an important thing to have for a QB especially one that thrives on throwing down the field and loves to improvise and extend big plays.........
Originally posted by mojave45:
Talking Blaine up? Really? I agree that I was hopeful he would play better than what we saw last year from Kap. And I completely agree that I think Kap is awful and was a flash in the pan that burned out, but I have been critical of both. Don't confuse having zero faith in Kap to having tons of faith in Blaine. Go back and read what I was saying when others wanted to cut Kap without compensation, and when others were saying we should have given him away in a trade. You need to knock off the incorrect character assassination and get a grip. I don't think Kap is currently worth anything, but that is after TC and preseason. I was arguing heavily we should give him a chance under Kelly to see what he could do. I saw what that looked like in preseason. And I am not talking his physical condition. He made the same bad decisions he did last year.

So your assessment is ludicrous about what, and why, and how, I think like I do about these two QB's.

So keep your comnebts about how I think to yourself and just discuss the original post the way it is written. Because otherwise you are discussing the poster and not the post. And I am seriously tired of that crap from you and several others. This is the second time today that a poster has tried to characterize what they think I think instead of trying to refute my original post.

You've been an advocate man. To say you haven't been anymore of a fan of Gabbert than you have of Kap is complete BS.
Originally posted by dj43:
While he may be somewhat more of a threat in the run game, I don't expect it would be measurable. Gabbert has had some very good runs both from RO and scrambles, however, most teams have figured out how to defend the QB running. Even if he gets back to his playing weight, he won't look like the guy from 4 years ago. The league has moved on from that defensively.

This. People are trying to catch time in a bottle. The conditions that allowed Kaepernick to be so successful in 2012 no longer exist.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 28, 2016 at 9:18 AM ]
A game too late
  • dj43
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
If Baalke has no intention of playing him he is an idiot for having him on the roster and if Baalke is undecided about playing him, he is an indecisive idiot.

Actually he kinda had no choice to keep Kap on the roster since he couldn't pass a physical before April 1st, his salary became guaranteed. Imagine if he did pass that physical, he would've been gone, he wouldn't have looked so skinny and teams probably would've gave up more than a 3rd or 4th round pick.

One thing is for sure, if the team ends the season with a sub par record, either Baalke or Kap will be gone. If Baalke isn't fired then I bet he would want to get rid of Kaps salary asap. if Baalke is fired, Kap may give the team a team-friendly restructure IMO, why, I just think the relationship between Baalke and Kap really isn't good behind closed doors.

Anyone would be a fool to think the relationship between Baalke and Kaepernick is anything less than "strained." After Kaepernick got benched for poor performance, he went public with his demand for a trade, saying he did not want to be here anymore. When no one else wanted him, he was forced to come back with his tail between his legs, but still demanding he be paid his full salary, which is fair since both sides signed the contract. In the meantime he thumbed his nose at the 49er medical staff by going to Colorado for treatment, again, he has that option but it is another thing that worsens the relations. The result is that Baalke knows CK is not earning his money and has added a lot of drama to a team that is battling through a rebuilding season and doesn't need off field drama.

The FO has managed the situation well in public but it is certainly not good behind closed doors, for good reason.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hilarious. All off-season, Gabbert this, and Gabbert that. Essays written on the guy and now the "expert" wisdom that was wrong time and time again is trying to convince us all Kap is garbage too!!

....Yeah as if there is an ounce of credibility left from all that Gabbert talking up all off-season that many of us and the rest of the world already knew was false.

Only difference between Gabbert and Kap right now is, Gabbert is playing and making mistakes. What, do you think Kap is not gonna make any mistakes and all of a sudden light the world on fire after a year off?? You think Kelly's offense is gonna magically make him an elite QB with this defense backing him up??

No. I and the rest of the world that didn't think for one second Gabbert was anything more than a bust, think the Oline which hasn't been this good since 2013 will make Kap 10x better than Gabbert........cause ya know that's kind of an important thing to have for a QB especially one that thrives on throwing down the field and loves to improvise and extend big plays.........

No one thought Gabbert was gonna be the next best thing, people thought he was a better fit for the offense, could spread the ball around a lot more and manage the offense.

And 10x better than Gabbert, setting the bar a little low there, shoot I'm pretty sure Ponder can step in and look better than Gabbert. And since you bring up the O-line, I'm also willing to bet Kap get's sacked a lot more than Gabbert does, dude just holds onto the ball forever and a day.

But whatever, I'm fine with the coaching staff making a switch at QB after a game or two I think it's time. One thing though, if Kap is a team player, he'd restructure and waive that injury clause don't you think, or will he go with the same song and dance if he starts to falter??

• dj43
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Start feeding this man some steaks!

Do we know who influenced Kaepernick to go vegan?

People living that way have to eat a lot of food and eat often. If Tony Gonzalez couldn't maintain his weight while going vegan, how does Kaepernick expect to gain weight on the same diet?

Someone has been giving this young man some bad advice.

This. People are trying to catch time in a bottle. The conditions that allowed Kaepernick to be so successful in 2012 no longer exist.

Then why did he play well up until the week the Martin bros started blocking for him? Did the NFL finally have their eureka moment? Or did the blocking fall below NFL standards resulting in bad QB play? We never got the answer, because since then, we still haven't seen Kap play without people running through Marcus Martin up the middle.

No one thought Gabbert was gonna be the next best thing, people thought he was a better fit for the offense, could spread the ball around a lot more and manage the offense.

And 10x better than Gabbert, setting the bar a little low there, shoot I'm pretty sure Ponder can step in and look better than Gabbert. And since you bring up the O-line, I'm also willing to bet Kap get's sacked a lot more than Gabbert does, dude just holds onto the ball forever and a day.

But whatever, I'm fine with the coaching staff making a switch at QB after a game or two I think it's time. One thing though, if Kap is a team player, he'd restructure and waive that injury clause don't you think, or will he go with the same song and dance if he starts to falter??
Who care about the money, injury clauses, unfinished house paintings, peoples feelings ..put the damn QBs in there till someone starts playing the actual position. and if they can't dont do it, then we would know to cut them all in the off season
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 28, 2016 at 9:33 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Who care about the money, injury clauses, unfinished house paintings, peoples feelings ..put the damn QBs in there till someone starts playing the actual position. and if they can't dont do it, then we would know to cut them all in the off season

LOL who cares, I'm sure everyone that matters in the organization cares. You don't pay a QB who's played terrible for two years $30 million dollars, only to be stuck with him again for a third year. If Kap restructured, I think he would gain more respect from the front office and teammates.
  • dj43
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

Then why did he play well up until the week the Martin bros started blocking for him? Did the NFL finally have their eureka moment? Or did the blocking fall below NFL standards resulting in bad QB play? We never got the answer, because since then, we still haven't seen Kap play without people running through Marcus Martin up the middle.

Do you watch football much?

I ask that seriously because every team in the league has changed their defense to stop RO plays. There is a spy whose job it is to hit the QB whether he has the ball or not. Teams like Seattle have placed greater emphasis on the speed of LBs to prevent a QB from getting around the edge.

Have you also forgotten that Harbaugh "simplified" the offense for him in an attempt to overcome his failings in making correct reads?

This is a much bigger issue than Marcus Martin.
Share 49ersWebzone