-
AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 34,114
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
So Miller made the 53 man roster, only to be cut the next day. Are we responsible for his whole salary since he made the final cut? Can we fight owing him the money due to being cut a day later, and due to an arrest? Anyone know the exacts on what we're going to take as far as a cap hit, or cap savings by cutting him?
No we don't owe him his entire salary, I believe the rule for vested veterans is being on the roster on either this Wednesday by 4PM EST, or Saturday by 4PM EST and then there salary is gtd.
-
Bobdawg78
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 1,745
I hope you're right, it would be a weak way for Miller to get his salary for this year. Personally I wanted Harris as our 4th RB, and Millerto be traded or cut, when we went down to 53. I guess it worked out that way, but in an interesting way.
-
49er-from-Yavin-IV
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 7,840
Given the space we currently have I don't think it matters.
-
Bobdawg78
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 1,745
Agree, we have a lot of cap space, but every million counts, and the more we don't use this year, is the more that we can use next year. Here's to hoping we start locking some guys up, and in FA we bring in guys with FRONT loaded contracts, so that we can use a bunch of our cap space, but continue to have cap space going forward, as those contracts get cheaper each year, instead of more expensive.
-
SoCold
- Hall of Dumb
-
- Posts: 133,163
Miller prob thought he was going to get cut and picked up by a good team. Had to go get drunk after being stuck with the 49ers. Lol
-
49er-from-Yavin-IV
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 7,840
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Agree, we have a lot of cap space, but every million counts, and the more we don't use this year, is the more that we can use next year. Here's to hoping we start locking some guys up, and in FA we bring in guys with FRONT loaded contracts, so that we can use a bunch of our cap space, but continue to have cap space going forward, as those contracts get cheaper each year, instead of more expensive.
For sure. I was thinking about the formula where teams are obligated to use a certain percentage of the cap over X number of years and wondering if we had to pay Miller if that would be a good thing regarding that "X number of years" cap formula. I am probably in error with that thinking.
-
Bobdawg78
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 1,745
I enjoyed him on the team in the past, but glad he is gone now. We need to see what we have in a bunch of these kids, and the only way to find out is by getting them on the field a lot this year. I see Harris got added to the 53 when Redmond went on IR, has anyone taken Millers spot yet?
-
SoCold
- Hall of Dumb
-
- Posts: 133,163
I'd say the hit was pretty good if it broke a dudes face.
-
Oztroy
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 392
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I enjoyed him on the team in the past, but glad he is gone now. We need to see what we have in a bunch of these kids, and the only way to find out is by getting them on the field a lot this year. I see Harris got added to the 53 when Redmond went on IR, has anyone taken Millers spot yet?
Yeah they just announced a DT taylor hart from eagles
-
KajunNiner
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 778
To me there should be something in the contract that says if u pull some stupid stunt like he did u don't get paid
-
jreff22
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 67,413
Originally posted by KajunNiner:
To me there should be something in the contract that says if u pull some stupid stunt like he did u don't get paid
d******d policy