LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 147 users in the forums

49ers Preseason Week 3 2016 - Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by joejet:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Kap was inches away from 2 INTs. He stares down his target the whole way. I guess the visor thing isn't working.

Wasn't tinted. Should have been.
Taking away his tinted visor - just another example of white oppression.

This is why I'm glad he protested. We still have to deal with idiots that have access to spread b******t.
[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on Aug 29, 2016 at 2:04 PM ]
...and in the category of "last person I'd expect to defend Kap".

Gregg Bell ‏@gbellseattle 42m42 minutes agoRenton, WA
Richard Sherman on Kaepernick: "They say athletes are so robotic...then somebody takes a stand like that & he gets his head chopped off."
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by susweel:
oh thank god you are okay I became very worried when you didnt post this for two days. big sigh of relief.

:D

I always look forward to Marvin's take on the game. I was disappointed in Kap's play as well, but I also chalk it up a lot of rust. I question a lot of other things, but I won't dive off into that now.

Marvin your take on Kap's protest goes along with how you see this football team. Very objective, and as a black man it's rather refreshing. I can absolutely tell you we disagree on the way Kap decided to protest, but I must commend you on what you said about understanding his positions. In all of this, folks have refused to listen to his position on this issue.

I've deliberately stayed away from this board and many other boards after this news broke on Saturday morning. This is the very first thread I've visited since then. Guess it goes to show you how much I respect your opinion on what you saw during the game. I must add I respect your opinion even more now simply because you chose to listen.

Great post!
anyone have an update on dial? just heard he had a knee injury and havent heard anything since

Richard Sherman on Kaepernick: "They say athletes are so robotic...then somebody takes a stand like that & he gets his head chopped off."

Richard is a very intelligent person. I'm not surprised he stood up for Kap. He stood up for Desean Jackson when it came out he knew gang members.

Why are you surprised, he's Kaps favorite receiver.

9) Tartt: I saw something on Friday that stunned me a bit. I saw a 210lb-220lb SS chase down a WR from behind. A WR taken fairly high in the draft as well. Really looking forward to seeing how this kid plays in the future.

meh

Originally posted by NCommand:
Yeah, not like we could see, but the commentators constantly were saying. "Great coverage down field." I hope they weren't lying.
The homer-ass broadcast team would rather talk to some nobody on the sidelines or show shots of Packer fans in the audience. There were periods during the broadcast where there would be a 49ers injury and they refused to even acknowledge it. I had to read the forums during the game to even know that Eric Reid went out with an injury.

That was the most one-sided broadcast I've ever seen in the preseason. We bounced their ass out of the playoffs a couple of times, so I understand the hard feelings. But damn. No professionalism whatsoever. Complete f**king homers.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Not much to discuss on Kaep's play. Same indecision. Wrong read. Slow recognition. Skittish with time in the pocket. End play with his scrambles.

Same as last year, except you can't blame most of it on the offensive line.

Gabbert again helped move the ball and the offense, and scoring. Played within it. All Kelly is asking for at this point.

14 yards passing per quarter won't get it done. Kelly needs to get more out of the QB position.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:

9) Tartt: I saw something on Friday that stunned me a bit. I saw a 210lb-220lb SS chase down a WR from behind. A WR taken fairly high in the draft as well. Really looking forward to seeing how this kid plays in the future.

meh

n00b fans

Sherman know who butters his bread. The last time a single QB threw the ball to him so much, Sherman was a reject WR at Stanford.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

Sherman know who butters his bread. The last time a single QB threw the ball to him so much, Sherman was a reject WR at Stanford.
that explains why he hits like a girl.
tank looked good rushing the passer. needs to learn to stay home and set the edge against the run
Originally posted by jreff22:

meh

1) Thats Pat. Not expecting anyone to be Pat. Tartt made a good play. Pat in his prime wasn't human.
2) That was a slow WR, not a fairly high pick.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 29, 2016 at 3:32 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
and ray ray is a beast
Share 49ersWebzone