LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bowl Run? →

There are 88 users in the forums

if Gabbert starts, what to do with Kap?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

if Gabbert starts, what to do with Kap?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Fans already putting stock in Driskel like he's Nate Davis...

Yep.
Originally posted by mayo49:
RG3 him the whole year, then cut him in the offseason.

Mayo, odds on bet that someone loses a QB early in season and suddenly, Kap becomes a hot item. I think there is evidence that that is a very good bet. Alternatively, Kap could win out at QB and be THE guy...OUR guy. . I don't think so, but it also is a possibility. Somehow, if he doesn't start, Trent has to do something to make him attractive, and I think chip can do exactly that. The risk there is injury, but with a completely revamped OL, there is the insurance policy on kap's healthy. Like others, I am hopeful all the weight loss plus the Kardashian diet isn't detrimental to his strength and skill sets. Tough road to follow without getting him injured.

But seriously, watch for somebody's QB going down early in the season, and then the bidding will be on for Kap...maybe Gab(if Kap has won out). I think we end up in the cat bird's seat this yr with our two QBs, instead of egg on our face, a la last yr. Wouldn't it be hilarious if both a Kap and gab do great under chip, and when someone calls and asks to buy our QB, we politely turn them down. I would LMAO at that scenario....but it certainly is a possibility. I would love to see us holding up some other team for a change.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
RG3 him the whole year, then cut him in the offseason.

Mayo, odds on bet that someone loses a QB early in season and suddenly, Kap becomes a hot item. I think there is evidence that that is a very good bet. Alternatively, Kap could win out at QB and be THE guy...OUR guy. . I don't think so, but it also is a possibility. Somehow, if he doesn't start, Trent has to do something to make him attractive, and I think chip can do exactly that. The risk there is injury, but with a completely revamped OL, there is the insurance policy on kap's healthy. Like others, I am hopeful all the weight loss plus the Kardashian diet isn't detrimental to his strength and skill sets. Tough road to follow without getting him injured.

But seriously, watch for somebody's QB going down early in the season, and then the bidding will be on for Kap...maybe Gab(if Kap has won out). I think we end up in the cat bird's seat this yr with our two QBs, instead of egg on our face, a la last yr. Wouldn't it be hilarious if both a Kap and gab do great under chip, and when someone calls and asks to buy our QB, we politely turn them down. I would LMAO at that scenario....but it certainly is a possibility. I would love to see us holding up some other team for a change.

All things are possible, and it is great to think positive, especially before the season starts.

Yeah, I could still see how a trade might happen, even though I don't think it is likely to happen. Too late in the process of installing Chips offense I think to start playing around with our two QB's. Behind those two there isn't another legitimate back up on our team in case the starter goes down... So I don't think we would get rid of either one at this point. Unless Baalke just absolutely rapes another team in a trade. Or we trade one of ours for one of theirs and a really good pick as well. It all comes down to how much Chip values the two guys he has,how bad someone else might have an urgent need, and how much they might be willing to give. I don't see the stars aligning for all of that, but it could.
Just hoping, but still would love to get that call from John elway when Sanchez blows, then their #1 pick turns out to be a better tennis player than QB. In the great reaches of the universe, that seems like a fair and equitable thing to happen. And as you say...if both guys perform well, then no need to do anything...unless someone wants to give away the farm. This yr ain't over yet.
Build an altar and make a sacrifice to the football gods.
Originally posted by jedediahyork:
Will virgins and tequila be involved? Just trying to decide if the sacrificial ceremony would be worth the trip!
Originally posted by mojave45:
Will virgins and tequila be involved? Just trying to decide if the sacrificial ceremony would be worth the trip!

Will mass orgies and magic mushrooms suffice? I was thinking more like Vikings style. Basically, Burning Man in Levi stadium.
[ Edited by jedediahyork on Jul 25, 2016 at 12:56 PM ]

Will mass orgies and magic mushrooms suffice? I was thinking more like Vikings style. Basically, Burning Man in Levi stadium.

Loading the truck now.

Loading the truck now.

You guys are cute together.

Loading the truck now.

Jealous?

Kap is back, woo-hoo!

49ers' Kaepernick given medical OK for training camp

The 49ers quarterback met in Vail, Colo., with the doctor who performed Kaepernick's November shoulder surgery. Kaepernick went through a series of tests, including on-field work, all of which he passed. He will be ready to fully take part in practice for the first time this offseason when training camp opens this weekend.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article91998452.html#storylink=cpy

Loading the truck now.

Jealous?

Nah, I got Blindfury to keep me warm at night, obviously.

Loading the truck now.

Jealous?

Nah, I got Blindfury to keep me warm at night, obviously.

We need both QB's - It'll be QB by committee, Chip's QB's never play all 16 games... and we don't exactly have the best O-line in football.

Not hating on Chip, I'm excited by the prospect of some offensive production - I just think we'll pay the price with some dinged up QB's.
Originally posted by Milkman:
We need both QB's - It'll be QB by committee, Chip's QB's never play all 16 games... and we don't exactly have the best O-line in football.

Not hating on Chip, I'm excited by the prospect of some offensive production - I just think we'll pay the price with some dinged up QB's.

Again, whichever QB starts the season will not finish it.
Share 49ersWebzone