Originally posted by SoCold:
In all fairness I read your entire post. I wasn't one that had a problem with it. I was just trying to explain why some might.
My point still stands. Don't care what they thought about Blaine years ago. He sucks. In any offense. Can't even complete 50% of his passes in practice.
My post was just a piggy back on what was discussed regarding Kaep in Kelly's offense mainly running the read option/zone read part of it. Gabbert with his experience in the mostly shotgun offense in college and his time learning to be a pocket passer in the NFL, couple with his 4.62 speed, also fits what all Chip Kelly wants to do in his offense.
Kelly has always indicated he liked both Kaep and Gabbert as his 2 starters. Though he may not say it so explicitly, for want of competition out of them.