There are 233 users in the forums

Talked to a 49er player today

Shop Find 49ers gear online
not hard to believe bc it is the cliche stuff they all say.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners9:
What's wrong with telling us who it was? He didn't say anything bad.

I think it's Navaro Bowman.
Originally posted by niners9:
What's wrong with telling us who it was? He didn't say anything bad.

My guess is because it isn't true. The less information your provide, the easy it is to lie.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jun 14, 2016 at 8:08 PM ]
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
Dud he say Jed York plays with lego

I play with Lego. It's very relaxing.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i never believe this stuff and yes i am being harsh. players do not just go around saying random stuff to random fans in my opinion. i do not care if its this story being positive about chip or the infamous " i just happened to talk to bruce miller at a bar"
gibberish.

That gibberish comes with photo evidence included btw.
[ Edited by BimmerKing on Jun 14, 2016 at 9:26 PM ]
OP your post is so vague, you can't blame people from doubting you. But even if it is true, what did you expect this player to say to some random dude he had just bumped into?

I tend to believe the underlying message, having said that. This is a young team and will play with emotion.
lol, its not like the player said anything controversial, so why the secrecy?
Is this an alias of jrg???
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
"One time at band camp" ... there was this good guy or maybe he was a bad guy...........
Originally posted by badguy_1:
It wasn't at an event or anything. I was with my kid somewhere and he happened to be there. I wouldn't lie about this or anything. I haven't posted in a while either so I took to here to say what happened

Like a kid could meet an athlete.

Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
Dud he say Jed York plays with lego

Nah, it's the other way 'round, the lego plays Jed.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Roughly 12 years ago in Philly I saw McNabb at a Dave & Busters on Delaware Ave (those of you from Philly know where this is). Huge joint. Was at the bar and let's just say he and his entourage weren't at all interested in talking to anyone but themselves. I've run into Ricky Watters and even Eric Allen (while they were both playing) at a Superfresh in Voorhees, NJ and no one was just gushing to have a conversation with random folks. They just wanted to enjoy their private time like everyone else. So I agree with the skepticism.

yes.. they are not going to pick some random fan and just start talking trash or good things about the team. and if this were true the poster should have no issue giving the players name unless they think the player will find them and beat them up. this is just stupid
In fairness, I've run into a lot of athletes over my 1/2 century of life, and some of them have been great, while others have been not so great. I've also had great conversations with an athlete, and the next time I saw that athlete he was as cold as ice.

Dwight Howard is a great example. He used to come to my son's football games here in Texas. I spoke to him a couple of times and he was amazing. Very affable. I have also seen him out and about, and while he was nice, he wasn't in the mood to talk basketball.
Originally posted by cciowa:
yes.. they are not going to pick some random fan and just start talking trash or good things about the team. and if this were true the poster should have no issue giving the players name unless they think the player will find them and beat them up. this is just stupid

Maybe the poster, and or the player were somewhere they shouldn't have been, or don't want people to know they were at?
Originally posted by TexasDuck:
In fairness, I've run into a lot of athletes over my 1/2 century of life, and some of them have been great, while others have been not so great. I've also had great conversations with an athlete, and the next time I saw that athlete he was as cold as ice.

Dwight Howard is a great example. He used to come to my son's football games here in Texas. I spoke to him a couple of times and he was amazing. Very affable. I have also seen him out and about, and while he was nice, he wasn't in the mood to talk basketball.

I mean the poster could have spoken to someone that wasn't a big name on the team who doesn't really get a ton of fan questions when out? I bet he'd be more than willing to talk to someone for a min about football if he doesn't get noticed or asked a lot.
Share 49ersWebzone